Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options
  • 20-10-2011 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to Division Four will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Boards Division 4 - 2011

Current Standings after 6

Division 1 - Leinster Division

1 (1) Emerald Shams 6-0-0
    2 (12) Bray Broncos 2-4-0
    3 (15) Blue Bloods 1-5-0
    4 (16) Snue Gliffers 0-6-0

Division 2 - Connacht Division

1 (2) Tipperary Bulldogs 5-1-0
    2 (6) Might Pigs 3-2-1
    3 (7) Papercut Tigers 3-3-0
    4 (14) The Klique 2-4-0

Division 3 - Ulster Division

1 (3) Cavan BeerStools 5-1-0
    2 (4) steeling the steel 4-2-0
    3 (5) The Poontown Pussycats 4-2-0
    4 (9) Wicklow Redskins 3-3-0

Division 4 - Munster Division

1 (8) Longford Patriots 3-3-0
    2 (10) FatGav's Fatties 2-3-1
    3 (11) Barbarians 2-4-0
    4 (13) Moyross Piebalds 2-4-0

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Playing the Snue Gliffers this week.

Surely, surely I can't mess this one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

barbarians wrote: »
    Playing the Snue Gliffers this week.

Surely, surely I can't mess this one up.

Stranger things have happened!

I'm playing the sham's, have a few players out on a bye but hoping for the best.

persie11 wrote: »

I'm playing the sham's, have a few players out on a bye but hoping for the best.

Hope you take them this week to open it up at the top :cool: (and to possibly get me in the top 2 rankings as well ;) ) it's the standout game of the week anyways No1 vs No2... will be keeping a close on the game to see how it pans out

I'm (Cavan BeerStools) being projected a 98.90 - 92.06 win against the Papercut Tigers

not very confident about a win this week but hoping I can pull a win out of the bag with my main guy Tom Brady on a BYE this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Hope you take them this week to open it up at the top :cool: (and to possibly get me in the top 2 rankings as well ;) ) it's the standout game of the week anyways No1 vs No2... will be keeping a close on the game to see how it pans out

I'm (Cavan BeerStools) being projected a 98.90 - 92.06 win against the Papercut Tigers

not very confident about a win this week but hoping I can pull a win out of the bag with my main guy Tom Brady on a BYE this week...

Edit: Err, wrong league!

I'm the Papercut Tigers, I feel like I've finally got a good situation with my receivers - Bowe, Austin and Wayne, to me, is a very good corps in a 16-man league. Dallas Clark may finally be waking up somewhat, which should help, but with Blount injured I've had to rely on Jackie Battle to back-up CJ2K.

• Advertisement

I think me (bulldogs) and the sham's are evenly matched, fingers crossed, I wouldn't be surprised if he went 16 and 0, hopefully not.

I think the papercut tigers has freeman so you might just have to settle for 3rd spot for now!

I think me (bulldogs) and the sham's are evenly matched, fingers crossed, I wouldn't be surprised if he went 16 and 0, hopefully not.

I think the papercut tigers has freeman so you might just have to settle for 3rd spot for now!

I now have Nick Novak at Kicker - who's averaged 16.5 points in his last 2 games ;) he's gonna be a legend if he can keep that up for another couple of games :P

Janikowski seems to be out with a hamstring problem so had to cut him :( still Novak seems to be doing a decent job with the Bolts so hopefully he can keep it up

Now being projected a 0.6 pts loss - hopefully it does come down to the wire like the projections anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Hi to all in Division 4. I hope the sub-forum idea works out. I do like discussing the upcoming matchups and the goings on the previous week, but alwats felt the main forum was a bit too busy.

Now that each have their own thread, the posts should be a bit more relevant to us all.

On to this week, My team (Bray Broncos) have had a terrible start to the year and deservedly so - i haven't got close to breaking 100 points any week this season. Big match against steeling the steel - NFL.com have me the favourite again this week (as they have every week!) and looks like i might have lucked out with Bye week players too.

On to this week, My team (Bray Broncos) have had a terrible start to the year and deservedly so - i haven't got close to breaking 100 points any week this season. Big match against steeling the steel - NFL.com have me the favourite again this week (as they have every week!) and looks like i might have lucked out with Bye week players too.[/Quote]

I don't think sterling the steel is finished picking his team, he has alot of players on bye's, but you def has a chance.

I would drop gaffney if i were you, although watch him prove me wrong!

I know steeling the steel wasn't going to leave the spaces open, but i'd rather face Morris and Decker than Johnson and Jackson! Still struggling in any case. Cutler drives me mad - so inconsistant and the couple of times i've played him he's let me down.

• Advertisement

Mike Wallace, 15 points in one play! against me :(

Torrey Smith tonight needs a huge game - down by 24 odd points

do I think I can win - NO :(

will I stay up til all hours willing Smith on to get 2 TDs and 100+ yards - YES :D

I see a big game from MJD The Klique will get a win against the Wicklow Redskins... 17 points in it but he hasn't put up more than 15 all season and Ravens do have a big D and are probably going to be leading early on so Jags may be forced to abandon the running game early on.. could leave it a very close finish in the end but tbh I can't see MJD scoring more than 10-12 tonight

if Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin show up tonight at all they should have enough between them to get the 21 points needed for the Bray Broncos to beat the Steeling the Steel.. hope this happens because I don't want Steeling the Steel catching up on me in the Ulster Division... :o

anyone else staying up for the game??

what a crazy week! some massive scores and some big shocks.

i got a good win over emerald shams so that was frickin awesome!

poontown, i think, are next up, should be close again.

stealing the steel and the mighty pigs had good wins, v close at the top, but for 1 week at least i'm number1!

Am going to be absolutelty mangled this week due to having 7 players on a Bye.

My own fault though.

Ravens laid an egg for me on Monday night, and with that loss goes Bray Broncos slim chance for the playoffs. There'll be no "suck for luck" from my team though, they'll be managed to the bitter end! (that said - it seems every move I've made regarding the bench has been. for the most part, wrong)

the ravens d did pretty good for me all things considered.
    don't give it up yet, you could go on winning streak, or not!

Yeah, i was trying to put a package together to tempt you to part with it, but saw they had been packaged and traded before I could move. Didn't help that work blocked the fantasy section of nfl.com as a games site hamstringing my ability to act fast. Front office woes!

poldebruin wrote: »
    Yeah, i was trying to put a package together to tempt you to part with it, but saw they had been packaged and traded before I could move

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Yeah, don't you just hate it when work interfere's with the important stuff in your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Moyross Piebalds owner here, after a great start (2-0) the wheels have come off the wagon in a big way losing 5 on the bounce... I don't expect it to get any better this weekend, I'm playing the blue bloods and am projected to lose by 18!!

Emerald Shams hasn't updated his team and he has 2 RB's on Byes and 2 WRs on Byes as well this week....

he has DeSean Jackson and Antonio Brown on the bench at WR so...

Just hope I (Cavan Beer Stools) can get a decent win this week against him... really did get lucky with the week I'm meeting him because he does have a very nice set of RBs - Michael Turner and Darren McFadden... any other week those 2 could kill me but I've got the luck of the draw I suppose...

currently being projected 121 - 50 point winner.. it's not going to be that much of a walkover but I should have enough to win this one...

• Advertisement

[Quote=johnmcdnl;...
    currently being projected 121 - 50 point winner.. it's not going to be that much of a walkover but I should have enough to win this one...[/Quote]

Projections were all wrong for me so far today, me, bulldogs, were projected 20points ahead, as of right now I'm 40 behind!

My team did okay but the poontown def, lions, put up around 30points alone. Win some, lose some!

C466218F6C6E4C97B7B6DF82DC7B6E18-0000335471-0002624740-00670L-34E2917C7BA74DA5B7C52731BC0BFE9D.png

Standings after week 8 - Ulster division really looking strong and tight with all 4 teams level right now

course it had to be my division :o

Emerald Shams should have the Leinster Division wrapped up and 2 more wins this season and it's playoffs guaranteed for them...

Munster division is really tight as well with all 4 teams on 4 wins but FatGav's draw early on this season giving them the upper hand

and the Connacht division seems to be a 2 horse race right now but the Papercut tigers are far from out... 1 or two results and they could be right back in the chase....

Its after getting real close in nearly all the div's now, a 2 game win/lose streak can do alot of good/damage. I think the redskins are on a 6 game win streak so that's pretty impressive.

Lost a few myself on the bounce (bulldogs) so badly need a win, projections are saying that I win by 20 so I'm a dead cert to lose by qt least 40!

Standings after week 8 - Ulster division really looking strong and tight with all 4 teams level right now

course it had to be my division :o

Munster division is really tight as well with all 4 teams on 4 wins but FatGav's draw early on this season giving them the upper hand

Playing yourself this week John, the projections had you down for a win and you're currently up 10 but that took two players off your team.

Teams looked evenly matched but I think your wide-receivers will be the difference.

barbarians wrote: »
    Playing yourself this week John, the projections had you down for a win and you're currently up 10 but that took two players off your team.

Teams looked evenly matched but I think your wide-receivers will be the difference.

well unless Aaron Rodgers passes every single pass to Greg Jennings tonight you've beaten me...

horrible week all round for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Seany says: only just realised that i can manipulate teams. i will be doing that from here on in with bye week players or injured players.

fml

Going to be pissed if I lose this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

He shouldn't and really can't do that now, it's going to upset the balance even more doing it for the last few weeks of the season when he slept on it for the first 11 weeks. It's way past the point of no return. The league manager answers to the players anyways, so when this could have a big effect on the play-offs it's up to what the majority wants.

Tom Brady - please just do your stuff tonight

I'm down by 12 right now and had Nate Washington sitting on my bench this weekend who scored 23 points :( he was down as Questionable or Probable and seen the "bad" matchup against the Falcons and benched him :(

so need Brady to have a big game and the Pats D to suck balls... come on Tom - do what a No1 fantasy pick should do

Tom Brady - please just do your stuff tonight

I'm down by 12 right now and had Nate Washington sitting on my bench this weekend who scored 23 points :( he was down as Questionable or Probable and seen the "bad" matchup against the Falcons and benched him :(

so need Brady to have a big game and the Pats D to suck balls... come on Tom - do what a No1 fantasy pick should do

you got half your wish anyway!

my wr core were useless this week and was only ahead by 9points, moyross had hernandez left to play, so lucky his td was brought back, ending up winning by 3points, roll on week 12!

• Advertisement

My hatred for the Patriots increases :( **** D all year and then they go and outscore Brady in a game

3 losses in a row now... and currently outside the playoff positions... :(

need my guys to pick it up this week - have an ok matchup against the Blue Bloods this week... hopefully I can pull a win out and get myself back on track

Advertisement