Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

matthew8 wrote: »
    Another bloody close loss, that's 3 of the last 4 weeks I've lost on poor decisions. I'm out of it completely now, unless I win twice, team awesome and moyross piebalds lose twice (one of them can be caused in the last week) and I make up 50 points difference on Piebalds. Still rankings to play for though, and I jump ahead of blue bloods this week with a win, and hopefully zebras/broncos too.

Oh boy here we go. 3 points from Panthers D tonight and I win my game, and then the Bloods and Broncos will be knocked out of contention. Also just found out the tiebreaker procedures so I don't need to make up that point difference, though I had already made up 34 of it heading into tonight. In order to get through (assuming the Panthers D can get the 3 points) I need to win and a zebras and Team Awesome loss. The impossible has just become plausible, though a Team Awesome loss looks rather unlikely, as their opponent is missing Gronk, Greg Jennings and Big Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Grand total of 8.3 points from my wr group this week. Larry fitz has been a huge letdown for me this season.... This weeks loss probably drops me out of the playoff spots, have to bounce back next week...

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Grand total of 8.3 points from my wr group this week. Parry fitz has been a huge letdown for me this season.... This weeks loss probably drops me out of the playoff spots, have to bounce back next week...

You're still in a playoff spot. It's simple next week, win and you're in, lose and you're out.

You're still in a playoff spot. It's simple next week, win and you're in, lose and you're out.

Cheers mate, destiny is in my own hands!

Cheers mate, destiny is in my own hands!

I wish it was so simple for me, if only one of my bad decisions hadn't been made we'd be in a play-in game.

On another note, last year 8th in division 4 was enough to get promoted (though I would say this year that won't cut it), so huge implications of the last regular season week. Remember if you don't make the playoffs and finish 7th-12th, there is a consolation tournament which will have no bearing on promotion but may be some fun.

• Advertisement

I wish it was so simple for me, if only one of my bad decisions hadn't been made we'd be in a play-in game.

On another note, last year 8th in division 4 was enough to get promoted (though I would say this year that won't cut it), so huge implications of the last regular season week. Remember if you don't make the playoffs and finish 7th-12th, there is a consolation tournament which will have no bearing on promotion but may be some fun.

If you qualify for the playoffs, are final seedlings based on the outcome of the playoffs or the standings at the end of week 13?

If you qualify for the playoffs, are final seedlings based on the outcome of the playoffs or the standings at the end of week 13?

Playoffs.

One more permutation (for me anyway, might be a couple more for others):
    Sharks, Zebras win next week if Sharks win this week. It goes down to points scored I think, which is very interesting. As it stands the Zebras are ahead of the Piebalds by 6 points, and ahead of the Sharks by 24 points with the Sharks having one more player to play this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

So, Team of Rivals are the No 1 seed and are promoted.

The Klique, Longford Patriots and Bunch of Goons are in the playoffs and one of these will be the No 2 seed. I'm playing the Kilque and the Patriots have the Zebras. If the Patriots win they are the No 2, if not its me or the Klique. This is big as the No 2 seed = guaranteed promotion

The Clontarf Cheetas are also in, but can't get a 1st round bye.

The final spot is up for grabs with 4 teams in the hunt. The Piebalds hold the advantage but are playing the Sharks, who are also in contention, along with Team Awesome and the Zebras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Benimar wrote: »
    So, Team of Rivals are the No 1 seed and are promoted.

The Klique, Longford Patriots and Bunch of Goons are in the playoffs and one of these will be the No 2 seed. I'm playing the Kilque and the Patriots have the Zebras. If the Patriots win they are the No 2, if not its me or the Klique. This is big as the No 2 seed = guaranteed promotion

The Clontarf Cheetas are also in, but can't get a 1st round bye.

The final spot is up for grabs with 4 teams in the hunt. The Piebalds hold the advantage but are playing the Sharks, who are also in contention, along with Team Awesome and the Zebras.

Cracking battle for that number 2 spot.

• Advertisement

Here's the situation:
    Piebalds win + any other combo: Piebalds through on superior record.
    Sharks win + Zamunda Zebras or Team Awesome wins + Zamunda Zebras or Team Awesome lose: 3 teams on 7-6. Each team has won and lost one against each other, so it goes to division record apparently (well in the league manager settings that's the second option you can choose for tiebreaker) and team awesome is 2-1, Piebalds 2-1 and Sharks 1-2. Maybe the Sharks get eliminated but I don't think so, and then I think it goes down to points against for some reason (presumably more points against goes through). This is where it gets real interesting. Team Awesome has 952 against, Sharks 950, Zebras 948 and Piebalds 934. It may come down to me sitting Garcon on Monday night so Moyross doesn't overtake me in points against.
    Sharks win + Team Awesome wins + Zamunda Zebras win: 4 teams on 7-6. God only knows.
    Sharks win + Team Awesome loses + Zamunda Zebras lose: Sharks and Piebalds 7-6, Sharks go through on head to head.

And finally, the NFL scoring projections for the games:
    Moyross Piebalds 76.82-75.28 Sandyford Sharks (with the caveat that Garcon is projected to get 0 points, which he probably won't, Kaep may not get the start for SF either, but in the projections that would put me over the top)
    Team Awesome 77.42-55.30 (both teams have some changes to make though)
    Longford Patriots 80.08- Zamunda Zebras 74.04

After all this crap, I better win to make it relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Had a quick look at the standings I don't think I can make the play-offs as the head to heads are going against me (assuming head to head is the tie breaker)

I have a though match up against the Longford Pats but I have a chance of getting a winning record which looked unlikely a few weeks ago.

slowharry wrote: »
    Had a quick look at the standings I don't think I can make the play-offs as the head to heads are going against me (assuming head to head is the tie breaker)

I have a though match up against the Longford Pats but I have a chance of getting a winning record which looked unlikely a few weeks ago.

Have you not beaten all 3??

Anyway, I need you to beat the Pats to give me a chance of the No 2 seed :D Go Zebras!!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Benimar wrote: »
    Go Zebras!!

Yeah that's what I like to hear.

I've beaten Team Awesome but lost to the Piebalds don't think I played the Sharks

Infact I just looked it up and I had it wrong. It goes overall record, then head-to head, then points for. So I'm praying for a Team Awesome loss.

So, Green Bay Slackers, if you're reading this, get Miller and Jennings into your lineup! The Zebras, Sharks and Piebalds are counting on you. Wouldn't hurt to pick up a TE, QB and RB either.

We may as well track the progress of the 3 big games this weekend all the way through. All teams not called the Moyross Piebalds should be rooting for a Jimmy Graham of the Sharks big night tonight, while all non-zebras should be rooting on Drew Brees of the Longford Patriots, while Team Awesome will have Roddy White in action.

We may as well track the progress of the 3 big games this weekend all the way through. All teams not called the Moyross Piebalds should be rooting for a Jimmy Graham of the Sharks big night tonight, while all non-zebras should be rooting on Drew Brees of the Longford Patriots, while Team Awesome will have Roddy White in action.

As proud manager of the Piebalds side, I'd like to remind ye that my lads perform best when under pressure!!!

Should be a good round of games.... I had some luck on the waiver wire today, picking up Bryce Brown of the Eagles. Hopefully he can lead the Piebalds to the promised land :D

The No 2 seed is still on for the Goons. 25.3 points from Turner and Moore has me off to a good start against the Klique.

I also need the Patriots to lose. Brees had an absolute disaster (3.64 points) so thats a possibility also.

Can see there being a few twists ans turns between now and the end though.

Awful night last night for the 3 involved in the race for the 6th seed. Jimmy, Graham had a crap night with 5.9, but unbelievably he was better than Brees and White put together. I suppose the one bright side for me is that the one result that seemed like it would never happen (Slackers over Awesome) might be on thanks to White's no show. Got to get past the Piebalds first though.

Looking like the boring conclusion with the Piebalds beating me and qualifying. Even if I do win Team Awesome has their matchup sown up, though the Zebras look likely to lose so I would climb to 7th and have a shot at promotion.

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm done for the 2nd seed too. Brady only getting 11 points and Megatron going nuts has killed me off.

Big blow as have a tough matchup next week now and a loss means no promotion :-(

Well, BJGE is at least trying to make it interesting. Only 21 points behind on the sim now, now 40 earlier.

And I've pulled ahead. By .2.

And I've pulled ahead. By .2.

It's all to play for, I'd say it will be right down to the wire!!

I imagine that should be that though.

And now the Slackers take the lead. But Cruz would need a shocker for Team Awesome to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Big win for the Klique last night.thanks to Chargers D and Megatron.

Is it enough for the an automatic promotion?

raven136 wrote: »
    Big win for the Klique last night.thanks to Chargers D and Megatron.

Is it enough for the an automatic promotion?

I don't think so I'm afraid. I think the Longford Patriots get the No 2 seed and automatic promotion.

Next week you play the Piebalds and I play the Cheetahs. The winners of those two games get promoted.

Alright, here's the situation. Barring the greatest ever game played by a WR for Garcon, the Piebalds are through. Also, we have 5 inactive teams in higher divisions (who apparently will be kicked out) so no div 3 teams will actually go down, while the 5th best player in our div will be through, plus dropouts from higher divisions. I need 4 further dropouts to be promoted to 3 (assuming Manning/Moss combine for 18 tonight) , highly doubt it.

• Advertisement

The Seahawks D currently has me 31 points :D

Advertisement