Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    The Seahawks D currently has me 31 points :D

Finished with 41 :D

The Goons are through to the semis (and promoted) unless Owen Daniels outscores Tom Brady by 68 points. I'm quietly confident ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Finished with 41 :D

The Goons are through to the semis (and promoted) unless Owen Daniels outscores Tom Brady by 68 points. I'm quietly confident ;)

I'm up against you.

My lads have had a week off so I'm expecting them to be raring for this weeks game.

It's a bit tight in the projections for my liking though. Gonna have to really think about who I start in a number of positions.

I'm up against you.

My lads have had a week off so I'm expecting them to be raring for this weeks game.

It's a bit tight in the projections for my liking though. Gonna have to really think about who I start in a number of positions.

So, you going to start Dalton tonight or hope RGIII recovers in time for Sunday? :p

Not trying to increase the pressure or anything :D

So, you going to start Dalton tonight or hope RGIII recovers in time for Sunday? :p

Not trying to increase the pressure or anything :D

****. Dalton's playing tonight. So much hassle. I haven't a clue. Too tired to think at the moment. I'll see later on.

****. Dalton's playing tonight. So much hassle. I haven't a clue. Too tired to think at the moment. I'll see later on.

Looks like you made the right call. RGIII is out tonight.

• Advertisement

Can I just concede now :(

Getting a bit of a hiding. Even if I'd started Wilson, I'd be way behind.

Torrey Smith has left me down big time in recent weeks - 1.4 points this week.

Can I just concede now :(

Getting a bit of a hiding. Even if I'd started Wilson, I'd be way behind.

Torrey Smith has left me down big time in recent weeks - 1.4 points this week.

I thought it was going to be way closer than that, especially after Dalton's poor score on Thursday.

Janikowski finally decided to pull out a big performance when it was needed. I owe a huge amount to Morris and his two TDs. He has been immense all season.

Hopefully my form continues into next weeks championship game. The last time I played The Klique the score was 124 points to 52. Something similar would be much appreciated next week :).

As long as it's not as tight as last years final then I've no problem. I think it came down to the last game and nearly the last couple of plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm on fire now we've hit the Consolation Tournament stages :)

Btw does the consolation tournament count towards the final rankings? (I have a vague hope of getting promotion if I get to 7th, when you take into account dropouts from the divisions above)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Zebras are done for the year never really got going so heres my quick review of the year.

Best Draft pick - Randall Cobb in the 7th round (thanks autot draft)
    worst pick - D mcFadden 1st constantly injured and didn't do much when he wasn't (dam you auto draft)

Best pick up - didn't pick up anyone that was outstanding but josh gordon was solid

Best moment - wining a game thanks to the replacement refs giving the seahawks the hail mary TD against the Packers

Worst Moment - looking at my team after the autodraft.

Best excuse - autodraft

Best Draft pick - RGIII and Morris

Worst pick - Ronnie Hillman

Best pick up - No one!

Best moment - When I win the final :)

Worst Moment - Losing that game against Team Awesome in week 4. So close to the perfect season.

Best excuse - Auto-drafting is brilliant. I'll be doing it again next year.

• Advertisement

Well **** this. Foster is currently on .90 points and Steve Johnson has -.10. What a load of balls. Looks like I'll be losing the final unless something dramatic happens in the next few minutes.

Looks like I'll be 4th.

Should be happy I suppose, but the least 2 games were such a let-down. Wasn't in either game at any stage so a very flat end to the season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Congratulations to the Klique, champions of division 4. The Klique, Team of Rivals, Bunch of Goons and Longford Patriots all promoted.

Divisions have been announced. I'm the GM unless someone else is really keen on doing it.

In League:
    Jester1980 - Swords Sharks
    Benny Cake - Moyross Piebalds
    Slowharry - Zamunda Zebras
    Padraig f - Panda Bears
    Matthew8 - Sandyford Sharks
    Hazys - Team Better Than Awesome
    Poldebruin - Bray Broncos

Not in League:
    Wawaman
    Barney92
    A Sober Paddy
    Danmur
    Hanners
    HigginsJ
    Prefab Sprouter
    Tristram
    Swoody

Will send invites shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Cheers, just set up.

6 of the 9 registered already. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

matthew8 wrote: »
    Divisions have been announced. I'm the GM unless someone else is really keen on doing it.

thanks Matthew8 - you did a fine job last year - I see no reason to usurp you!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Hi Guys, Dublin Heroes have been registered and looking forward to playing this season in Div 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Set up and raring to go !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Excited about this new season. I hope we have some traders in here! I LOVE trading!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Tristram wrote: »
    Excited about this new season. I hope we have some traders in here! I LOVE trading!

We had some traders last season alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

padraig_f wrote: »
    We had some traders last season alright :)

Less said the better there!!

http://doodle.com/i223qyvz5k3qhezg

Draft poll. Won't be filling this in for weeks myself but here it is. Type in your username when voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Got the ball rolling (someone had to!!!!). Im in 3 bands so my time can be limited but I'm prepared to risk the autodraft if I have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

http://doodle.com/i223qyvz5k3qhezg

Draft poll. Won't be filling this in for weeks myself but here it is. Type in your username when voting.

Any chance of doing the weekend before Sept 1st? Or at least the option for people to select to see if it suits.

I'm moving apartment that weekend.

Hazys wrote: »
    Any chance of doing the weekend before Sept 1st? Or at least the option for people to select to see if it suits.

I'm moving apartment that weekend.

Unfortunately rule 6 prohibits it. All drafts must be held between the final preseason game and the first regular season game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Unfortunately rule 6 prohibits it. All drafts must be held between the final preseason game and the first regular season game.

Ah fair enough. Weird rule...any idea the reasoning behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Hazys wrote: »
    Ah fair enough. Weird rule...any idea the reasoning behind it?

When there was only a handful of divisions it was decided the best time to draft was between the last pre-season game and regular season game. On top of that it was decided that all the drafts should be run in and around each other. By setting dates this has all the league drafting the same week or few days.

Im sure the rule can be discussed. Most likely a discussion with a vote and a majority rule etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Also means that you dont have the risk of drafting a player that gets put on PUP list after the final pre season game, think that was a factor couple of years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Registered up. Undeserving promotion but intend to put it to best use :)

Advertisement