Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

In the Connacht division. Looking forward to a good season in division 4. Best of luck folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Hazys wrote: »
    Ah fair enough. Weird rule...any idea the reasoning behind it?

maybe a bit late to respond, but there's good reason behind it. TO already mentioned that it is good to have all the drafts contained within a certain timeframe for the boards set of leagues. Hanners mentioned the chance of injury to one of the players you draft....granted, most teams do not play any starters in the final preseason game, but one or two may still play a few snaps.

I think the main reason is that there are still cuts to be made between the final preseason game and the start of the regular season. As they are the final cuts, most of the players would be on the cusp of making a roster (some can be downright surprising) - and would likely be seen as late round pickups in the draft.

For the more avid NFL followers - who are actively monitoring the preseason, will also see it as an opportunity to identify dark horses, or low risk/high reward late round draft picks - sleepers. There was a great battle for the no 1 RB slot during the preseason in Washington last year, Morris, Helu and Royston battling it out over the preseason...Morris made the job his and rushed for 1600 yards as a rookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

matthew8 wrote: »
    http://doodle.com/i223qyvz5k3qhezg

Draft poll. Won't be filling this in for weeks myself but here it is. Type in your username when voting.

Bump. Deadline will be Friday week, exactly one week in advance of the earliest possible draft date. That's the 23rd of August.

http://doodle.com/i223qyvz5k3qhezg

Draft poll. Won't be filling this in for weeks myself but here it is. Type in your username when voting.

Last bump. Deadline is midnight Friday. I can't wait to get it done so I can stop thinking about strategy. 16 team drafts are very hard to plan. ATM it'd be 9pm Monday, so if you can't make then make sure to vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

please not Sunday, Dubs playing Kerry and dont want to be half drunk drafting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

jester1980 wrote: »
    please not Sunday, Dubs playing Kerry and dont want to be half drunk drafting :)
    Hahahahahahah!!!

Draft deadline has passed, it will be held at 9pm on the night of Tuesday 3rd September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Draft deadline has passed, it will be held at 9pm on the night of Tuesday 3rd September.

Nice one! Mock draft time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Perfect, its 4pm for me so I'll be in the office...time to book out my calendar with fake meetings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Tuesday doesn't suit me the best will rearrange a few things cant have an auto-draft again this year. At least its at 9.00 so I wont miss any of the Great British Bake off.

When is the draft order set?

slowharry wrote: »
    Tuesday doesn't suit me the best will rearrange a few things cant have an auto-draft again this year. At least its at 9.00 so I wont miss any of the Great British Bake off.

When is the draft order set?
    I think its set 30 minutes before the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Posted this in PPR league thread, but will ask it here too...

Question about waiver-wire...I think it was set to be processed at 4am or something last year. Is it possible to change this to a European-friendly time (e.g. 11pm Irish time)?

Couple of reasons why...
    At a time like 4am, it's a bit confusing what day it's on, e.g. if it says 4am, Wednesday, actually you have to make your waiver claims on Tuesday.

Other thing is I just think it would be more fun to be able to check the waiver results at a time when you're awake, instead of them being processed overnight, and finding out the next day.

Changing to 11pm Irish time shouldn't inconvenience US-based people either, as it would be 6pm ET there.

Not sure if it's a configurable option, but think it's worth changing if we could.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Posted this in PPR league thread, but will ask it here too...

Question about waiver-wire...I think it was set to be processed at 4am or something last year. Is it possible to change this to a European-friendly time (e.g. 11pm Irish time)?

Couple of reasons why...
    At a time like 4am, it's a bit confusing what day it's on, e.g. if it says 4am, Wednesday, actually you have to make your waiver claims on Tuesday.

Other thing is I just think it would be more fun to be able to check the waiver results at a time when you're awake, instead of them being processed overnight, and finding out the next day.

Changing to 11pm Irish time shouldn't inconvenience US-based people either, as it would be 6pm ET there.

Not sure if it's a configurable option, but think it's worth changing if we could.

I had a look around, couldn't find anything sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Nice one, do we have all players confirmed for the league?

Looking forward to it again. Got to get some cheat sheets printed and bone up this weekend.

Hanners wrote: »
    Nice one, do we have all players confirmed for the league?

Yes.

It's not looking good for me to make the draft tomorrow night, I have a spot of parenting to do and I spent all my brownie points over the weekend. So hopefully the auto drat will be nice to me this year.

slowharry wrote: »
    It's not looking good for me to make the draft tomorrow night, I have a spot of parenting to do and I spent all my brownie points over the weekend. So hopefully the auto drat will be nice to me this year.
    Me too, although there is a chance I may still make it!
    :D

I've edited my pre draft rankings but I can't find the link to where you can control what positions the autodraft picks in each round. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

• Advertisement

just found it on the pre draft rankings page click on the 'Edit Preferred Positions' link

Reminder that the draft is on at 9pm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

55 minutes :D

Bring it on!!

Pick 3 not bad at all. Wouldn't like to pick after all the best RBs are gone, but pick 30 is a bit of a bítch for a second pick.

Anyone having trouble accessing the site?
    When I click on the league page, it's timing out
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/367806

Web connection is fine otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

padraig_f wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble accessing the site?
    When I click on the league page, it's timing out
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/367806

Web connection is fine otherwise.

No issues on my side...Picking number 7, not the best or worst

I'm on there now - no problem - hopefully it's just a glitch.
    Picking 6 - not too bad only a wait of 20 between picks.

Ok I got it now, rebooted my PC, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Picking at 14, not ideal but we'll see how it goes...

Advertisement