Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

wawaman wrote: »
    Peyton & AJ Green basically did all the work for me this week

should be good for at least 40 or so points between them every week. Nice to have that base to build on. I had multiple games last year when my entire team got less than 50 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Might be in the market for a TE. From week 3 onwards I may have 4 start-worthy WRs in White, Garcon, Gordon and Tavon Austin so I guess those 4 would be my main thing to offer, although if Sam Bradford can keep up his week 1 performance he may have some value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

matthew8 wrote: »
    Might be in the market for a TE. From week 3 onwards I may have 4 start-worthy WRs in White, Garcon, Gordon and Tavon Austin so I guess those 4 would be my main thing to offer, although if Sam Bradford can keep up his week 1 performance he may have some value.

I might be interested depending on how Gronk's health goes. I have Owen Daniels, pretty solid performer:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9684/owen-daniels

716 yards, 6 touchdowns last year, made him about the 8th-ranked TE overall.

I'm also light on WR, so would be a good fit. But yeah, just need to see how Gronk's health goes. Think he's expected back in week 3, and I probably want to see him finish 2 games before I think of making a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

jester1980 wrote: »
    My Swords Sharks did well, hopefully should get across the line. My bro did well with his Dragons too.

thought i was in with a shot and then Myers who was shít the whole match gets you 12 points in the last 30 seconds last night :mad:

i need a Peyton-esk performance from RG3 tonight and hope mccoy bombs for you like wilson. :rolleyes:

That's definitely something I'll be thinking about going into week 3. For now I might just pick someone up on the wire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Well thank you autodraft, unless something crazy happens tonight the Zebras are of to there first ever winning start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

If your interested in Antonio Gates, i need WR help

HigginsJ wrote: »
    If your interested in Antonio Gates, i need WR help

I'll see how he does tonight but in my opinion he's crocked.

I'll see how he does tonight but in my opinion he's crocked.

I would agree with you there, but Rivers might have no-one else to throw to

35.02 point lead with Alex Henery vs Mike Vick, Dre Johnson & Randy Bullock. Going to be a tight finish I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

padraig_f wrote: »
    I'm in real danger of losing to the Kenbrell Thompkins team.

Damn you Owen Daniels

Hazys wrote: »
    Damn you Owen Daniels

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I just rejected a trade on my mobile and it didnt give me the option to message whoever sent it with my reasons. Apologies! Thanks for the offer but I'm not in a position to trade any of my RBs unless I'm getting RBs in return. Hit me up with a revised offer if you think if something else that might work, I love trading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I like the new gamecenter game previews - they do a mock writeup preview of the upcoming game but I hate the fact that it is recommending free agent pick ups on the game Center page....a little too much hand holding - and part of the fun is discovering a sleeper or an under the radar player for yourself.

Looking forward to my week 2 matchup Bray Broncos v Limerick Legionnaires, looks like it will be close (then again the nfl predictions always seem to be wildly out) but I don't like the idea of having to root against 3 bronco players - Demaryius Thomas, Matt Prater and the entire Denver D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Those projections are best ignored alright. I do wonder sometimes what they are based on.

WEEK 2 PREVIEW: THURSDAY EDITION
    The Godfavre Goes Up Against Donabate Dragons in Week 2

3rd place Donabate Dragons (1-0, 119.50) crushed their opponent last week, and they'll be going up against 12th place The Godfavre (0-1, 89.16) in Week 2. With a predicted margin of victory of 38.10 points, recent projections have this one as a win for The Godfavre.

Both The Godfavre and Donabate Dragons have one starter taking the field tonight. Stevan Ridley (probable) starts for The Godfavre, while Donabate Dragons has the Patriots Defense (11.00 projected points). Four other league matchups begin tonight: Limerick Legionnaires vs. Bray Broncos, Sandyford Sharks vs. Cruz Missile, and two others.

The Godfavre has a pronounced advantage at the QB position, where Robert Griffin III is projected to outscore Eli Manning, 36.46 - 13.86. The Godfavre has six players facing a bottom-10-ranked defense this week. Donabate Dragons has seven starters facing a bottom-10-ranked defense.

The Godfavre has stood pat on their lineup since Tuesday, but still needs to fill one empty position. They might be interested in placing Kellen Winslow (14.20 projected points) in the starting lineup to fill their hole at TE.

Donabate Dragons hasn't made any changes to their lineup. They might want to think about starting Rueben Randle (8.80 projected points) over Eric Decker (5.20 projected points) and adding Robert Meachem (9.50 projected points) to start in place of Marques Colston (5.90 projected points).

CHECK BACK ON FRIDAY FOR A MATCHUP UPDATE

at least someone has faith in my team tonight and the rest of week, scoring 149.36 points along the way. :eek: :rolleyes:

cant wait for fridays update. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Beaten my me last week and maybe beaten by my Brother this week, Wouldnt be nice.

Those predictions are very amusing though.

jester1980 wrote: »
    Beaten my me last week and maybe beaten by my Brother this week, Wouldnt be nice.

Those predictions are very amusing though.

if the NFL Fantasy say i'm gunna win, then obviously i'm gunna win and beat him into submission! :rolleyes: :cool: :pac:

Dobsons sitting pretty on my bench :cool: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

When is it announced that a player will not be active, I took a punt on Bolden at 7.30ish and only found out this morning that he was inactive this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

When is it announced that a player will not be active, I took a punt on Bolden at 7.30ish and only found out this morning that he was inactive this morning

You gotta keep glued to things 5-10 mins before kickoff to make sure there are no late inactives.

D3PO wrote: »
    You gotta keep glued to things 5-10 mins before kickoff to make sure there are no late inactives.

Was in bed watching a movie...dam you Ryan Gosling

Was in bed watching a movie

lucky you!

the game was dreadful, both teams are shít. watching Brady seething when his receivers couldn't catch a ball was funny tho.

You typically get the news half an hour before the game. I much prefer when my players are in earlier games, sort of takes the fun out of it if you're not watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 danmur

donabate dragons here, playing yourself this week swoody? Ridley didnt do the best for you eh..

Hey all,

Something strange has just happened...I actually won my first game, despite having lost it:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I lost by .12 pts on tuesday morning, but now it says I've actually won by 1.88 pts...

Does anyone know what may have happened?

Hey all,

Something strange has just happened...I actually won my first game, despite having lost it:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I lost by .12 pts on tuesday morning, but now it says I've actually won by 1.88 pts...

Does anyone know what may have happened?

They make minor stat corrections each week, I guess when they receive the official game report. The corrections are documented under: Research->Stat Corrections.

Was one of the guys there was involved in your matchup?

padraig_f wrote: »
    They make minor stat corrections each week, I guess when they receive the official game report. The corrections are documented under: Research->Stat Corrections.

Was one of the guys there was involved in your matchup?

The guy I was playing had Big Ben...Lost lost 2 points, so thats where I got the win:o

The guy I was playing had Big Ben...Lost lost 2 points, so thats where I got the win:o

Ok, I see Isaac Redman also had a fumble taken away, so I guess they assigned his one to Big Ben.

Must be a tough way to lose a game, but I suppose it is the correct result. They say on the page that it's actually Elias making corrections to the official stats:

"View official stat corrections as released by the NFL League Office and the official statistician of the NFL, Elias Sports Bureau. Fantasy points values are based on default NFL-Managed scoring. "

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about that. A similar thing happened last year in a Steelers game, a Mendenhall 13 yard rushing TD was re-classified as receiving, or maybe it was the other way around.

Got Heath Miller off the waiver wire today, could be the long term solution to TE for me. I do envy the guy that picked up James Jones though. Couldn't believe he was dropped in a league like this where WRs are at a premium.

Advertisement