Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

matthew8 wrote: »
    I do envy the guy that picked up James Jones though. Couldn't believe he was dropped in a league like this where WRs are at a premium.

Absolute madness. I need to pay more attention with that kinda thing happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

And Greg Olsen dropped with no one picked up. Now that is bizarre. No chance of getting him though at 14 in the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone what Tom Brady...I need a RB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

yip! my bench.

14d5426b8b8c591667c77b12c53703e2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

And Greg Olsen dropped with no one picked up. Now that is bizarre. No chance of getting him though at 14 in the wire.

I dropped Olsen but not on purpose. Something went very wrong when I was picking my starters

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    I dropped Olsen but not on purpose. Something went very wrong when I was picking my starters

I'll do my best to make sure no one picks him up.

I'll do my best to make sure no one picks him up.

Thanks! I could have done with him starting this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Hey all,

Something strange has just happened...I actually won my first game, despite having lost it:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I lost by .12 pts on tuesday morning, but now it says I've actually won by 1.88 pts...

Does anyone know what may have happened?

Yea that was against me! Was a close match, difference was they credited Ben Roth with an interception which was -2pts

Great win this week, 110 points even though Brees had a sht game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Had a bad week. MJD is killing me, went off injured yesterday after getting about 27 yards on 10 carries.

I may have over-rated Russell Wilson as well (picked 5th round), just because of how much the Seahawks are running the ball. Tough matchup this week with the 49ers defense, so it may get better, but it's not looking a great pick right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

12 points down and have the Bengal's te to play...will he get a td and a few yard's?

padraig_f wrote: »
    Had a bad week. MJD is killing me, went off injured yesterday after getting about 27 yards on 10 carries.

I may have over-rated Russell Wilson as well (picked 5th round), just because of how much the Seahawks are running the ball. Tough matchup this week with the 49ers defense, so it may get better, but it's not looking a great pick right now.

Yea I was up against you this week Padraig, was hoping that the Hamster didnt go wild after I went to bed, hope Ben & his rag tail bunch of a defence have enough to get 2 pts that dont get deducted this week to get pasy you!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Sorry to hear about that. A similar thing happened last year in a Steelers game, a Mendenhall 13 yard rushing TD was re-classified as receiving, or maybe it was the other way around.

Got Heath Miller off the waiver wire today, could be the long term solution to TE for me. I do envy the guy that picked up James Jones though. Couldn't believe he was dropped in a league like this where WRs are at a premium.
    Yeah, probably screwed the pooch on dropping Jones, Might have been drunk when I sanctioned that roster change :rolleyes:

Hanners wrote: »
    Yea I was up against you this week Padraig, was hoping that the Hamster didnt go wild after I went to bed, hope Ben & his rag tail bunch of a defence have enough to get 2 pts that dont get deducted this week to get pasy you!:eek:

I was watching the Saints-Bucs game. Doug Martin was fine (just checking now: 144 yards on 29 carries), I was cursing Josh Freeman more because he couldn't complete throws to get them near the end-zone.

So it meant that despite Martin's 144 yards, he had no TDs, and got a modest enough score of 14 points.

I won a close one last week, so can't complain too much. You should win handy enough tonight, barring I supose an injury to Big Ben.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

My decision to pick Trent Richardson over AP is looking inspired at the moment :rolleyes: At least I got a win on the board this week.

Anyone have a running back to trade for Jordy Nelson/Jimmy Graham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

HigginsJ wrote: »
    My decision to pick Trent Richardson over AP is looking inspired at the moment :rolleyes:

Yeah, Thanks for that

Josh Gordon returning this week but with Roddy White hobbled I still only have 3 WR options realistically, and since they all have different bye-weeks I may just wait until the end of the byes to shift one, which for this group is week 11.

Any chance i could get Greg Olsen back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Any chance i could get Greg Olsen back?

Did you get him?

No, he was picked up on the waivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

No, he was picked up on the waivers

It was me who picked him up. In fairness I didn't see the posts indicating it was a mistake. I made a very fair trade proposal which was rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

and i picked up 2 TE's instead of a RB......doh!

Anyone be interested in making me am offer I can't refuse for Alfred Morris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Anyone be interested in making me am offer I can't refuse for Alfred Morris

An offer you can't refuse eh?

How about Montee Ball for Alfred Morris*?

* and i release your family unharmed.

As tempting as that is i'll pass!!

Wow nice to see Kansas have a football team, woke up to a 73pt haul from Alex Smith, Charles, Avery and Def!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Hanners wrote: »
    Wow nice to see Kansas have a football team, woke up to a 73pt haul from Alex Smith, Charles, Avery and Def!
    AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaand I woke up to see that Bowe has amassed a grand total of 4 yards receiving :( .40 points.

Can't believe I lost after Gordon and Brees got me off to such a wonderful start. Who would've thought each of Caleb Sturgis, Jets defense and Stephon Hill would outscore the collective efforts of Marshawn Lynch and 49ers defense. Next week is crucial against Team Thompkins, a loss and I'm 1-3 and in serious trouble. If only Marshawn Lynch could have got into the end zone even once with so many opportunities and I would have won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Kenbrell Thompkins 2 muthafcuking Touchdown Catches!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Never easy, thought I'd have a field day with Russell Wilson against the Jags. Was all going well, and then I saw on Red Zone the Seahawks completing a 50-yard bomb just short of the end zone, happy days....but wait a minute, that doesn't look like Russell Wilson?

With the Seahawks 30-odd points up, Pete Carroll had pulled Wilson and put in Tarvaris Jackson, who finished with 129 passing yards and 1 TD, for 11 fantasy points.

I can still win, will come down to tonight's game...
    I have an 18-point lead & Wes Welker vs. Demaryius Thomas, Matt Prater & the Broncos D.

Prater and Broncos D will make up most of the 18 points, so will effectively be decided by Welker vs. Demaryius Thomas.

Advertisement