Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

matthew8 wrote: »
    For feck's sake... Was actually winning until Powell ran for 6 yards on the last non FG play.

Sorry about that Matthew, week 1 I won week by about 0.5pts and during the week Big Ben had -2 taken off so cats not dead yet!

Think we both had some very underperforming players this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hanners wrote: »
    Sorry about that Matthew, week 1 I won week by about 0.5pts and during the week Big Ben had -2 taken off so cats not dead yet!

Think we both had some very underperforming players this week

I actually looked at that straight away, couldn't see anything that could change. Only slight hope would be a 0 yard Yates rush being changed to a sack, or a Chiefs sack changing to a run. Usually these corrections are just changing passes to runs or vice versa and there's no run or pass to be changed that could save me.

Hold on just a second, this is no sack in my book, I think he crossed the line of scrimmage :pac:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tennessee-titans/0ap2000000258068/Chiefs-defense-sack-0-yd-loss

Hold on just a second, this is no sack in my book, I think he crossed the line of scrimmage :pac:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tennessee-titans/0ap2000000258068/Chiefs-defense-sack-0-yd-loss

And was put to the ground at 1yd line, no slide unless feet first. Nice clip of my D though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

You may have a point there alright

• Advertisement

Some more strange drops on the waiver wire. Keenan Allen, Stevan Ridley and Miles Austin all freed up. Bit of a headache deciding who I wanted at number 2. Took Keenan Allen, have to win now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I have a bad feeling about this week for the Broncos....I have to go woth Schaub at QB - I might not even get a half of football out of him, he looks so shaken and indecisive now. I've got to believe Kubiak will have a very conservative gameplan for him this week.

I need the Cowboys to get off ot a flyer against Washington, and hope they start choosing to run the ball a bit more....Murray only had 12 touches last week. To the point above - seriously considering starting Ben Tate instead.

Larry Fitz is still troubled by the hammy, is playing SF, has Carson Palmer throwing to him and is a gametime decision - but with only his teammate Michael Floyd available on the bench, I'll roll the dice.

....a lot of ifs and buts around the broncos this week. I can't see getting close to the precdicted 123 points, but I'll be delighted to break 85 and give myself a chance.

Some more strange drops on the waiver wire. Keenan Allen, Stevan Ridley and Miles Austin all freed up. Bit of a headache deciding who I wanted at number 2. Took Keenan Allen, have to win now.

....especially as RB pool is very slim pickings. I would have gone for Ridley had I spotted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Ridley is sh1t lads..... I should know, I put up with him underperfoming for the last 5 weeks .on austin I accidentally put him on the waiver but he's not up to much either so didn't bother correcting my mistake

It seems like every week all my players are on prime time, which sucks because I can't watch them. This week I have 2 playing at 6pm, and 2 in both the Sunday and Monday Night game.

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    Ridley is sh1t lads..... I should know, I put up with him underperfoming for the last 5 weeks .on austin I accidentally put him on the waiver but he's not up to much either so didn't bother correcting my mistake

Just to be clear I wasn't doubting that the release was anytihng other than football-related. Ausitn has underperformed/injury, and Williams may get some of his targets going forward.

Ridley can have a big game on any given week, but it's difficult to give a start to an up and down player. Looking at the RB FA list, Ridley may have had some trade value for you?

I had a similar issue with TY Hilton this year. I have him on my bench for his 2 big games and he has done nothing for me the games I started him.

It seems like every week all my players are on prime time, which sucks because I can't watch them. This week I have 2 playing at 6pm, and 2 in both the Sunday and Monday Night game.

...but it's nice to prolong the drama of a possible come from behind victory.

poldebruin wrote: »
    ...but it's nice to prolong the drama of a possible come from behind victory.

Hmmm... would rather the drama unraveled in a way that didn't involve looking at a box score on my itouch at 7am Tuesday morning.

Hmmm... would rather the drama unraveled in a way that didn't involve looking at a box score on my itouch at 7am Tuesday morning.

I grew up in the 80's trying to extrapolate games from looking at the box score, maybe that's why I don't mind as much :)

Looks like I'm set to get my second win of the season, much thanks to Marshawn Lynch and Calvin Johnson's poor performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Looks like I'm set to get my second win of the season, much thanks to Marshawn Lynch and Calvin Johnson's poor performance.

You're welcome, this season has been a complete disaster for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

swoody wrote: »

I was most appreciative of his 23 points today!

I'm in the same boat myself. Win number 2 on the way. Have to say I'm feeling pretty positive about my team despite the poor record. Have been able to make some moves over the last two weeks that should at the very least have me putting up competitive scores.

Entire division going to be within 1 game of eachother. Next week looks bleak though, Brees on a bye and all backups or free agents have crap matchups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Kenbrell Motherfcuking Thompkins!!! Bitches!!

TOmBradyThompkins.gif

thompkinsapid985964782960.jpg?w=600&h=398

4cfa4dc6a4102022400f6a706700768b.jpg

650aeaaea4092022400f6a706700924c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Well i beat the brother (Donabate Dragons) who was 4-1, really needed that as i was 2-3 so makes the division iteresting

Pandas stay 3-2 and myself and barneys Dinos move to 3-2, nice and tight.

Commmmmmmmmeeeeeeee on the Sharks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

After 6 weeks the Zebras are sitting nicely at 4 and 2.
    Strange how the points work out. The Zebras have the second highest points for and the second lowest points against and still lost two games.

5-1, Cobb gone on IR so could be in trouble, Donny Avery's negative points are worrying. Kansas D have literally hauled me through the league so far

In a bit of a hole this week. No Brees, Sidney Rice and Wilson doing better than expected. Can't fall 2 games down with 6 to go.

All down to Josh Freeman, needs 22 points for me to win. Thankfully that's exactly the average points the Giants have given up to QBs. Still a very long shot, 250 yards and 3 TDs in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

dont care who the Vikings QB is, just as long as he passes it to Jennings for 11 yards.

Kenbrell Thompkins only had 16 yards receiving but moving onto 5-2, tied for 1st in the division and at least 4th place overall .

6th in scoring. 2-5 though and residing in the relegation zone. All the close ones have been losses, only 2 wins were by over 100 points combined.

6th in scoring. 2-5 though and residing in the relegation zone. All the close ones have been losses, only 2 wins were by over 100 points combined.

It's a funny old fantasy world alright. After an 0-4 start I'm now at 3-4. Frankly, my scoring has been terrible. I haven't been over 100 yet. Last year I was went 4-0 and then struggled to win again the rest of the way despite scoring well.

• Advertisement

You need to work on your defense. You can score put a 100pts a week on offense but if your defense can't stop a nose bleed your gona lose.

:pac:

Advertisement