Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Hazys wrote: »
    Kenbrell Thompkins only had 16 yards receiving but moving onto 5-2, tied for 1st in the division and at least 4th place overall .

That's pretty impressive, thought you'd be doing well to avoid relegation after the draft.

matthew8 wrote: »
    All down to Josh Freeman, needs 22 points for me to win. Thankfully that's exactly the average points the Giants have given up to QBs. Still a very long shot, 250 yards and 3 TDs in order.

That was against me, so was watching it. Was a tall order to get 22 points being so new to the team, receivers didn't help him dropping passes. Also the Vikings o-line doesn't look very good.

Swings and roundabouts for me, got Gronk back, who looks like he will be awesome if he can stay healthy. Lost my first-rounder Doug Martin to a long-term injury a day after turning down a trade for him. He wasn't playing like a first-rounder anyway.

I think next year I'll avoid the small running-backs. My first and second round picks (Martin and MJD) have really been disasters. More variance in the small running backs, more injury prone, and they don't get as many goal-line carries.

You look at the top running-backs this year, and they're mostly big guys:
    http://division4.league.fantasy.nfl.com/league/367806/players?playerStatus=available&position=2&statCategory=stats&statSeason=2013&statType=seasonStats&statWeek=8#playersHomeList=playersHomeList%2C%2Fleague%2F367806%2Fplayers%253FplayerStatus%253Dall%2526position%253D2%2526statCategory%253Dstats%2526statSeason%253D2013%2526statType%253DseasonStats%2526statWeek%253D8%2Creplace

Anyway happy to be 4-3 with Gronk back. Lot of teams on a bye this week, will make things interesting. I know I've got some reshuffling to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Pt up the highest score of the week to move to 4-3 but can't help but feel a bit lucky due to Cutlers injury & AP's stinker.

Think I'm in for a loss this week with Forte, CJ & Gates on their bye weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Pt up the highest score of the week to move to 4-3 but can't help but feel a bit lucky due to Cutlers injury & AP's stinker.

It was painful watching the Bears with Cutler on the sideline with -0.88 points and Forte waltzing into the endzone what seemed like every second play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Bray Broncos are staring a 3rd defeat in a row this week.

My stable of runningbacks are a non-factor. Tate, Foster and Murray all out/questionable.
    I can only hope that Harry Douglas can repeat his career day from last week, and big days from Matt Ryan and the Packers D (although they are projected for -1.00 @ Min this week, fairly inexplicably). Everything else looks a bit bleak points-wise.

The Division is VERY tight this year. Not much between the teams and all owners seem very active in the free agent/Waiver dept.

Rank| Name| For| Against| Win| Loss
    1 |Believe in Eli |737.66| 665.92| 4| 3
    2 |Zamunda Zebras| 694.42| 594.72| 4| 3
    3 |Cruz Missile| 659.4| 625.16| 4| 3
    4 |Moyross Piebalds| 650.8| 620.84| 3| 4
    5 |Lambmunchers |650.44| 594.2| 5| 2
    6 |Sandyford Sharks |641.72| 621.96| 2| 5
    7 |Bray Broncos |632.02| 612.4| 5| 2
    8 |Barney's Dinosaurs| 628.06| 660.24| 3| 4
    9 |Team Better Than Awesome| 624.6| 566.48| 5| 2
    10 |Panda Bears| 618.06| 590.76| 4| 3
    11 |Pillow Fighters| 588| 617.54| 3| 4
    12 |Donabate Dragons| 574.58| 502.26| 5| 2
    13 |Dublin Heroes| 554.46| 670.6| 2| 5
    14 |Swords Sharks| 553.06| 621.86| 3| 4
    15 |The Godfavre| 534.84| 672| 2| 5
    16 |Limerick Legionnaires| 527.34| 632.52| 2| 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Mike James picked up. Get in. Gonna get 20 touches tonight. The comeback starts here. Now I just need Roddy White to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Mike James picked up. Get in. Gonna get 20 touches tonight. The comeback starts here. Now I just need Roddy White to play.

Yeah, I thought about going for him, but wanted to protect my Waiver and see if I can land an RB1 for the last games of the season.

I'm torn between Roddy White coming back, It would benefit my QB, Matt Ryan, but hurt my already ridiculously bad WR corp and Harry Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

taking a massive gamble and added Khiry Robinson to my roster.

i_have_no_idea_what_i_m_doing.jpg

So Daniel Thomas & Chris Ogbonoya (hopefully) at RB this week. Jeff Cumberland at TE. This could be embarrassing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

God bless you Marvin jones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Having 6 teams on bye seems to have destroyed a few teams this gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Thank you Calvin Johnson...36.9pts:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

6-2 and the top ranked team, cant understand how when I've got Donnie Avery and Golden Tate ar WR and lost Cobb and Finley to IR. Will take it though!

Even considering the fourth lowest PA in the league you've done pretty well when you look at the weekly breakdowns. Charles & Smith have been putting up very nice numbers for you. If the wheels come off the Chiefs then maybe you'll have something to worry about.

Tristram wrote: »
    Even considering the fourth lowest PA in the league you've done pretty well when you look at the weekly breakdowns. Charles & Smith have been putting up very nice numbers for you. If the wheels come off the Chiefs then maybe you'll have something to worry about.

And the Chiefs bye week in wk 10, will be scrambling for players and unloading the bench to get a team together!

They've been the surprise team this year, would have laughed if you told me the Chiefs D and Charles/Avery/Smith would get me to 6-2, plus would have been 7-1 if the -2 wasnt taken off big Ben in week 1 for the interception later in week!

Loving the matchup with me and he pillow fighters this week. Kickers and defenses both playing against eachother in real life. Probably a must win for me. I'll probably need to take a 50 point lead into Monday night though with Rodgers and Nelson against me.

Looking pretty dire in this must win. Need Rodgers, Nelson and Bennett to combine for less than 32 points or I'll lose with 97 points. Would have had a cricket score if I started Mike James and Aaron Dobson.

god damn you Fantasy Mobile app for not putting my kicker in...... saying that i still will lose after Andre Johnson's ridiculous score. i need 50pts from Boykin tonight. lol

Riley Cooper scoring as many points last night as he had all season :) jammy jammy win for me!!!

Heading for 6-3, with a 1-game lead at the top of the Connacht division. Monster game for Gronkowski this week, 143 yards & 1 TD, and actually could've had more (problem is he's on a bye next week).

Also got a big week from Chris Ivory, 139 yards and 1 TD (who's, er, also on a bye next week).

Guess I'm running good. Tried to get Dexter McCluster on the waiver wire during the week, didn't get him. Got Doug Baldwin as a second option. Baldwin had 13.5 points, and after putting up good numbers for the previous two weeks, McCluster had close to 0. Had to laugh at Rich Eisen's comment on twitter when McCluster dropped what would've been a big pass:

"McClusterf....."

Probably need to go 2-1 over the next 3 weeks to make the playoffs.

• Advertisement

Beat down central for the kansas boys this week, knew Donny Avery would never be a Megatron, lest he's on a bye next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Are the playoff positions determined by your position within your division or your overall standing?

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Are the playoff positions determined by your position within your division or your overall standing?

One gets in in each division as division winner plus 2 wildcards, the best remaining records.

One gets in in each division as division winner plus 2 wildcards, the best remaining records.

So so tight with 4 weeks to go. Probably need 8 wins minimum to make the playoffs

So so tight with 4 weeks to go. Probably need 8 wins minimum to make the playoffs

pffft playoffs! try avoiding relegation..... :pac:

5 teams going to be stuck on 5-4 going for the wildcard after this week, unless the Pillow Fighters main men have a disastrous night. It's hard to know, wouldn't be surprised if one team managed to win all remaining games, but I reckon a tiebreaker will come into effect. It's a grey area if 3 teams or more are tied, if it's 2 it's head to head (not entirely sure if that is what it's meant to be but it's how I found it).

Looking pretty dire in this must win. Need Rodgers, Nelson and Bennett to combine for less than 32 points or I'll lose with 97 points. Would have had a cricket score if I started Mike James and Aaron Dobson.

Without Rodgers I am well and truly fecked. :(

Tristram wrote: »
    Without Rodgers I am well and truly fecked. :(

GB will be like MIN for the rest of seson if Rogers is out, hand it to Lacy all day long. After losing Cobb, Finley and Jones on IR Nelson is going to need a jacket, will be a long cold winter downfield

Picked up Mario Manningham off PUP, activated last night. May be my answer for the prolific Donney Averys form this year

What unbelievable luck (about time too). I got to face Rodgers twice this season and he's combined for 14 points. Still, the division's 2 Giants fans won yet again, looks like I'm still chasing the wild card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

What unbelievable luck (about time too). I got to face Rodgers twice this season and he's combined for 14 points. Still, the division's 2 Giants fans won yet again, looks like I'm still chasing the wild card.

Us giants fans have to get our victories somewhere!! ;)

Advertisement