Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

4 losses in a row now for the Bray Broncos - and I'm slipping down the standings.

What was I thinking hitching my wagon to the Texans, Falcons and Cardinals......8 roster spots and no surprise to see their fantasy points sink after a promising start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I dropped Doug Baldwin by accident just now, meant to drop Jeremy Kerley. Can people not claim him please? Will claim him back on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

My Zebras were pretty lucky this weekend against the Limerick Legionnaires. The Legionnaires for some reason left C. Johnson and D. Thomas on the bench (48 points) and played 2 inactive players, otherwise I would have been looking for Mike Wallace to get over 4.46 points tonight. Anways its 7 and 3 for the Zebras and were looking good for play-offs. which is a big 'how do you like them apples' to that website that predicted we only had a 50% chance of making the plafoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Only needed 5pts to beat Swords Sharks with Lamar Miller and Tim Wright to play last night. Grand total of 3pts scored by the two...killer

padraig_f wrote: »
    I dropped Doug Baldwin by accident just now, meant to drop Jeremy Kerley. Can people not claim him please? Will claim him back on Sunday.

Not sure if anyone wanted him, but thanks for holding off if you did. He's been a solid player since Sidney Rice went out, but his value probably goes down with Harvin coming back next week. I'm a bit thin at WR, so he's been useful to me, and he chipped in for 7 points this week.

Won my 4th straight to go to 7-3. My team (Panda Bears) isn't great, but seems to have a knack for guys stepping up when I need them. This week it was Pierre Thomas with 23 points. I lost my first round pick, Doug Martin, to IR this week (not a huge loss as he'd been a big disappointment before he got injured), and Thomas has performed well filling in.

Big game against the Zebras next week. Both have 2-game leads in our divisions at 7-3. Winner will secure a playoff spot and put themselves in the driving seat for a first-round bye. Loser will be back scrapping to make the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks like my savior Mike James is down for the season. 1 game back now, but they both have the head to head. Does anyone know what happens in a 3 way tie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

my pick 'n mix team won a game! (mainly thanks to Aaron Rodgers and Seneca Wallace getting injured)

c7c8bc085a77fb3d784cb7be3c06db2c.png

whooohooo!

Trade deadline is next week. I have plenty of WRs to spare, Aaron Dobson and depending on if Roddy White starts producing Keenan Allen. Anyone have a decent TE who they'd like to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What a year for T-Rich. Number 1 overall pick (whichever numpty did that) then traded & now dropped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I'm in the market for a decent running back. I'll put Jimmy Graham up if someone is interested. Make me an offer! :)

• Advertisement

how about Zac Stacey for Jimmy Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

9th ranked TE Martellus Bennet on the trading block. Also willing to trade Dennis Pitta who will be coming back with the Ravens soonish. Looking for WRs in return.

Good start to the weekend with CJ

Trade! Andre Brown for Jimmy Graham. The strange thing is they're playing against each other this week.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Trade! Andre Brown for Jimmy Graham. The strange thing is they're playing against each other this week.

Not unless Graham has been traded to the Pack IRL :P

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Not unless Graham has been traded to the Pack IRL :P

The 2 fantasy teams involved, that is.

matthew8 wrote: »
    The 2 fantasy teams involved, that is.

Sorry I'm an idiot :o

Yeah, he''s gone! I needed a running back and as a Raiders fan, I got to witness the Andre Brown show last week. I'm hoping it wasnt a one off!!

Yeah, he''s gone! I needed a running back and as a Raiders fan, I got to witness the Andre Brown show last week. I'm hoping it wasnt a one off!!

Was I too late in my Zac Stacey offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

It's in Ridley's hands now. I need .51 points!

• Advertisement

slowharry wrote: »
    Was I too late in my Zac Stacey offer
    I'm sorry Harry but you were! but cheers for the offer nonetheless. :D

Tristram wrote: »
    It's in Ridley's hands now. I need .51 points!
    You deserve to win, I played a kicker on a bye week. :eek:

I'm sorry Harry but you were! but cheers for the offer nonetheless. :D

Early bird and all that I suppose.

I have a fantasy football moral crisis for tonights game. I'm a Pats fan but I have the Panthers and a 1.98 lead going against Gronk. Hopefully the panthers only score on special teams, triple cover Gronk keeping him catchless while Brady and the rest of teh Pats have a field day

Going to be 4 or 5 teams tied for the second wildcard spot after this round of games at 6-5. In for a tense finish.

Badly needed win to get to 7-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone have any (good!) WR they would be willing to trade?

Actually only 3 teams on 6-5.

This is the closest I've seen a boards league with 2 weeks to go. Any team can miss the playoffs and only 3 teams are absolutely ruled out.

This week, no Marshawn Lynch for me. One week I have to start Woodhead and Mathews, and they're against the fecking chiefs.

slowharry wrote: »
    I have a fantasy football moral crisis for tonights game. I'm a Pats fan but I have the Panthers and a 1.98 lead going against Gronk. Hopefully the panthers only score on special teams, triple cover Gronk keeping him catchless while Brady and the rest of teh Pats have a field day

That was a close one. Gronk wasn't getting many targets with the Pats getting the ball out quick (think he had just one catch in the first half), but I knew if they got near the red zone, I'd have a chance.

gronkowski-td.gif

Needed that to win by 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Cam Newton's fantastic performance has me below .500 again unfortunately. Hopefully a late season surge will still be good enough for the playoffs and promotion.

• Advertisement

Big night tonight. 6.8 ahead, I have 49ers defense and Garcon, Heroes have Gore. Technically I should be safe but I would not be surprised to see a 20 point game from Gore. I reckon Garcon should be a safe enough bet for 7 points, just have to hope the defense can get some turnovers and sacks. I was absolutely crushing them but a late surge in the 9pm games has them right back close.

Win and I'm in a dogfight for the division, lose and the playoffs are a long shot.

Advertisement