Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

matthew8 wrote: »
    Big night tonight. 6.8 ahead, I have 49ers defense and Garcon, Heroes have Gore. Technically I should be safe but I would not be surprised to see a 20 point game from Gore. I reckon Garcon should be a safe enough bet for 7 points, just have to hope the defense can get some turnovers and sacks. I was absolutely crushing them but a late surge in the 9pm games has them right back close.

Win and I'm in a dogfight for the division, lose and the playoffs are a long shot.
    I took a look at the score at about 9pm last night Matthew and just switched off, thinking that I'd never catch you. I probably still won't but it was nice to at least make a game of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'll be so pissed if I lose this week (which would make my playoff odds slim) while scoring second most in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Well I wont be apologising for beating you in the unlikely event that happens!!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Only need another 19 points from Boldin to grab the win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Boldin almost provided a small Thanksgiving miracle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Screwed up this week playing Bobby Rainey ahead of MJD. Knew he wasn't going to repeat his 34-point performance of the week before, but just liked the fact that he had 30 carries.

Got 18 carries this week for 34 yards, while MJD had a 20-point performance, best of the season. Cost me the game.

8-4 now, got a break that other teams lost. Need to win one of the next two weeks to get promotion. Win this week to get a first-round bye, or win the following week in the wildcard round.

Just looking at the table, seems like 14 of the 16 teams have something to play for going into the final week of the regular season.

It's possible to be relegated on 6-7, and make the playoffs on 7-6. There are four teams on 6-6 (and three on 5-7).

With two teams on 8-4 and five on 7-5, a record of 8-5 should make the playoffs, but you could also see a 7-6 team sneaking in.

Zamunda Zebras (7-5, plus tiebreaker) have locked up the Leinster division.
    Panda Bears (8-4) have locked up the Connacht division.

Both have first-round byes still to play for.

Three teams in the Ulster division on 7-5. Either one can get a first round bye, make the playoffs, or miss the playoffs.

In the Munster division, Lambmunchers (7-5) can still overtake Team Better than Awesome (8-4).

Exciting stuff, will go down to the wire.

So relieved to get the win. Win this week and it's playoffs. No chance of a first round bye (1 game behind 2 teams who have the head-to-head on me) so the division doesn't really matter. Big turnaround from 2-5.

The worst thing about this is that I have Marshawn Lynch, Drew Brees and Garrett Hartley all playing on Tuesday, so I won't know the result for ages. At least my opponent finishes on Sunday.

No chance of a first round bye (1 game behind 2 teams who have the head-to-head on me) so the division doesn't really matter. Big turnaround from 2-5.

Ok, I kind of guessed at that, didn't go through all the head-to-head stuff.

Actually The Godfavre (4-8) can still avoid relegation if the three 5-7 teams lose, as he has a tie-breaker. So that's 15 of the 16 teams with something to play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tied for first overall and guaranteed a playoff spot. I have even resorted to resting my first round pick Kenbrell Thompkins on the bench the past couple of weeks, saving him for the playoffs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Playing Lambmunchers in a win & you're in game.

Looks like Gordon has carried me to the playoffs. 38 points, unheard of for a WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Playing Lambmunchers in a win & you're in game.

Thought I'd be scuppered after J Bell put up 18.8pts on the bench.

Looks like Gordon has carried me to the playoffs. 38 points, unheard of for a WR.

Eric Decker had 41.4 pts last night.

Huge pts though considering how bad Weeden has been this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

my season has been shocking mainly down to my 1st round picks (but mostly Ridley)

but on the upside i discovered Boykin, Fleener and Clay before the nfl fantasy so i'm proud of that.

Need Brees and Lynch to combine for less than 12 to lose this game (and the playoffs, I think).

And to be honest there is still this tiniest bit of doubt. No doubt I'll win unless the game finished 7-3 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Need Brees and Lynch to combine for less than 12 to lose this game (and the playoffs, I think).

And to be honest there is still this tiniest bit of doubt. No doubt I'll win unless the game finished 7-3 or something.

I think I need you to win your game and hope "Team Better Than Awesome" and the Seattle D comes up with less than 15 points, to give me a second spot tie with Moyross Piebalds in the Leinster division. We'd both be 6-7 and I won the head-to-head back in week 1 or 2.

If all of that happens, I might find myself backing into the playoffs! I started 5-0.

...on second viewing it seems that not all second place teams get in....rightly so! 6-7 teams do not belong in the playoffs....NFL take note.

Hanners wrote: »
    Eric Decker had 41.4 pts last night.

The one thing I wished for going into this week was not to run into some freak individual performance, and this was against me. Decker's a solid fantasy player, but he's had 3 TDs all season, and Manning threw 4 to him in that game.

Fortunately Alshon Jeffery had a monster game of his own (franchise receiving record for a single game - 249 yards, and 33 FF points), and I'm still in it.

Need Russel Wilson, Pierre Thomas and Doug Baldwin to outscore Marques Colston by 16 tonight. They should do it, but not a lock by any means.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Need Russel Wilson, Pierre Thomas and Doug Baldwin to outscore Marques Colston by 16 tonight. They should do it, but not a lock by any means.

....cue 4TD 250 yard game from Colston.

• Advertisement

Dear god Brees you sure left if close. 1 and a half point win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

A 2 game winning streak just wasn't enough to get into the playoffs. So close but at least I've avoided relegation which looked quite possible early on. Congrats to everyone in the top 6, well played.

6 consecutive wins and into the playoffs. My players' matchups look horrible next week though. Lynch against SF, Brees against Carolina. Yuck.

Up against Lambmunchers for promotion.

6 consecutive wins and into the playoffs. My players' matchups look horrible next week though. Lynch against SF, Brees against Carolina. Yuck.

Up against Lambmunchers for promotion.

Thats Me Matthew, liked the look of your team until I saw the player matchups, still would give you a serious edge given my WR core are pretty non preforming. Should be a shoot out!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

I could have sworn on Tuesday I was in a quarter final against Lambmunchers but my Zebras seem to have a bye now.

Did someone loose a game with a late points review?

Reed out. Feck. 4 Chargers starting now with Green in.

For feck's sake what a disastrous few plays for me. Playing against Alex Smith, Charles and Bell. Smith throws a TD pass to Charles and then Bell scores a short TD and also gets a 2 point conversion.

For feck's sake what a disastrous few plays for me. Playing against Alex Smith, Charles and Bell. Smith throws a TD pass to Charles and then Bell scores a short TD and also gets a 2 point conversion.

And now their Chiefs defense get a turnover and score on it. What a week to be playing the guy with all the Chiefs for promotion.

And now their Chiefs defense get a turnover and score on it. What a week to be playing the guy with all the Chiefs for promotion.

Worked out with the SD core for you Matthew8, combination of a poor WRs from me killed my chances, fairness we had the highest two scores of the weekend in the league, a lot in thanks to Kansas for me. La Fell was never going to beat Brees on points

Good luck in the rest of playoffs

• Advertisement

Thanks, I was terrified at 80-6 but thank god for the Chargers. Immense stuff.

Advertisement