Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Josh Gordon even when you think he's having an absolute dud of a day comes up with the goods right there. Looking good right now, no thanks to my decision to start White (5.3) ahead of Garcon (18.9).

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Managed to bust out 156.18pts this week, would have taken any team in the playoffs, unfortunatly not in them, week too late for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

With the season coming to an end its time to have an end of year review.

Drat
    Best Pick - DeSean Jackson in the 5th round
    Worst Pick - Victor Cruz, in the 2nd round
    Best surprise - having the 2nd overall pick and Adrian Peterson still available. I think Foster was 2nd on my board

In Season
    Best use of waiver wire - I drafted Zac Stacey dropped him and managed to pick him up again.
    Best FA pick up - Ben Roethlisberger, managed to pick him up after Cutler went down just as his play picked up after a slow start.
    Worst use of a roster spot - stashing Percy Harvin for most of the season to get 1.7 points out of him.

Worst Performance - WK3 77 points
    Best Performance - WK9 147
    Lucky Break - Limerick Legionnairs leaving 40+ points on the bench with Calvin Johnson and D Thomas gifting me the win

Overall
    Top scorer in the league and in the final. auto draft gets all the credit this year.

Hanners wrote: »
    Managed to bust out 156.18pts this week, would have taken any team in the playoffs, unfortunatly not in them, week too late for me!
    I was thinking that all Sunday because I had to play somebody in another league with Foles and Charles. Hard to believe you had Tucker also.

Guess I can't be outdone my opponent in the final.

Draft
    Best Picks - Very happy I picked up Brees/Lynch at slightly lower than I would have expected them to last. Nice to have 2 players who make nearly all game competitive. Mathews was nice in round 5 having realised how long I had waited to draft the second RB but the best pick by a long long way was Josh Gordon. I felt very good about getting him in the seventh round at the time for depth and he really came good at the right time, with his 38 point performance coming the week I needed to win to make the playoffs (and I won by 1 point).
    Worst Pick - Roddy White, third round. Never produced. If only the coaches had informed me his ankle sprain was of the high variety rather than keeping everyone in the dark.
    Best surprise - Mathews actually being a good RB2.
    In Season
    Best use of waiver wire - Waited around picking nobody up, then Keenan Allen went on the wire (for no good reason, it was a little bit after his breakout) and I chose him over Ridley, quite lucky he's done so well but a good move.
    Best FA pick up - Nick Novak probably. Decent kicker.
    Worst use of a roster spot - Any of my tight ends. No production all year. May as well have left the spot empty.

Worst Performance - WK1 57 points, worst in the league.
    Best Performance - Put up a big score every time I won, highest was 125 (lowest win was 96) in week 14, got me the playoff win.
    Lucky Break - Couldn't say I ever really got lucky. Had a few devastating losses, only time my margin of victory wasn't over 15 was the last game before the playoffs, but to be honest I wouldn't call it lucky as Brees and Lynch only scored 13 points in the prime time game.

Overall
    In the final. Credit to Josh Gordon and my players not named Roddy White for staying so healthy. Very happy with the draft.

Just spotted Cameron Jordan is IA today apparently it's too late to bench him so I'm playing in the decider without a TE

• Advertisement

Just spotted Cameron Jordan is IA today apparently it's too late to bench him so I'm playing in the decider without a TE

On the bright side any free agent replacement would have been terrible anyway.

Not the best timing on behalf of the Zebras to have our worst week of the year. Congrats to the Sharks on winning the league.

Happy Christmas to all and good luck in the next ff season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Congrats to the Sharks and thanks to everyone else involved for another enjoyable FF year. Only another 9 months until the draft !!

• Advertisement

Great to win the league, looking forward to Division 3 already. 9 wins in a row, if any of those had been losses I wouldn't have won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Trent Richardson 1st pick in the draft. Sweet Jeebus that must be one of the biggest non injury busts in fantasy football. "He'll get 300 touches" they said, "He is over all the rib injuries" they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Trent Richardson 1st pick in the draft. Sweet Jeebus that must be one of the biggest non injury busts in fantasy football. "He'll get 300 touches" they said, "He is over all the rib injuries" they said.

Next year I'm sticking to RBs on winning teams (Peterson excepted), took Doug Martin first round, MJD second round, both disastrous. Too much of a gamble. You know the ones on the winning teams will at least do ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

padraig_f wrote: »
    Next year I'm sticking to RBs on winning teams (Peterson excepted), took Doug Martin first round, MJD second round, both disastrous. Too much of a gamble. You know the ones on the winning teams will at least do ok.

Maybe you could circulate a list of all the winning teams in the NFL next year ..
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

So who's running the Div 4 league this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm a bit lost. I am in Div 4 this year but still showing on NFL.com as in Div 5. Do I leave this league or will the title change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

boccy23 wrote: »
    I'm a bit lost. I am in Div 4 this year but still showing on NFL.com as in Div 5. Do I leave this league or will the title change?

Title will change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

Title will change

Cheers Spongey.

I've already left the old Div5 league.
    Can you send on the details once it's ready to go?

When will we do our draft, needs to be between last pre-season game and before 1st regular season game right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Has this division been activated yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just wondering as it is essentially div 5 from last year, will the divisions be randomised again?

And could we get a doodle poll up. I know its a couple of weeks away but I need to make sure I'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

sorry if mentioned lads but who's GM?

Sorry guys, any update here?

We need to be getting the league in order so we can set a draft date.
    Who's GM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

BizzyC wrote: »
    Sorry guys, any update here?

We need to be getting the league in order so we can set a draft date.
    Who's GM?

Johnny_Fontane is the GM here. He PM'ed me yesterday as he was out of the country for the last few weeks. He's gonna get this league sorted over the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

back today. will sort this tomorrow. bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Ok lads, Division 4 is alive.

I have renamed it and added and booted everyone who is in there.

We need to sort out a draft day.

Is there anything that is an absolute no no at the moment?

I'm thinking
    Sunday 31st 9.30pm
    Monday 1st 9.30pm
    Tuesday 2nd 9.30pm

I will draft up a google doodle to vote on in 24 hours once people put up their issues.

Sunday 31st would suit me best, not major issue with the other 2 days though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Ok lads, Division 4 is alive.

I have renamed it and added and booted everyone who is in there.

We need to sort out a draft day.

Is there anything that is an absolute no no at the moment?

I'm thinking
    Sunday 31st 9.30pm
    Monday 1st 9.30pm
    Tuesday 2nd 9.30pm

I will draft up a google doodle to vote on in 24 hours once people put up their issues.

Throw up a doodle and see what suits everyone, Wed or Thu could work too

• Advertisement

Mon or tue for me but doodle poll be easier

Advertisement