Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Hey guys, was off getting married the other week and managed to destroy my smartphone so couldn't fix my lineup.
    At least it wasn't material, no lineup I could have set would've won the game.

Looks like I'm in for a very poor start to the season, need Brady to outscore Knile Davis by 30 points to avoid going 1-3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

BizzyC wrote: »
    Hey guys, was off getting married the other week and managed to destroy my smartphone so couldn't fix my lineup.
    At least it wasn't material, no lineup I could have set would've won the game.

Looks like I'm in for a very poor start to the season, need Brady to outscore Knile Davis by 30 points to avoid going 1-3.

Congratulations on getting married. I suppose it would be tough to be studying fantasy football on your honeymoon!

My sole win this season came against your team last week - it was a full team then though, and I still barely scraped a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Gone 0-4.

Gronkowski is on the block for anyone who has a WR1/2.

gronk just gone.....

traded for Demaryius thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just looking at the comment... I wonder did he mean to reject it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Yippie Kai A Justin Tucker Finally off the mark 1-3 thanks to Jamaal Charles finally getting his act together against my useless Patriots - I feel like a pressure has been lifted.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Just looking at the comment... I wonder did he mean to reject it?

I didnt see the comment, what was the comment?

Yippie Kai A Justin Tucker Finally off the mark 1-3 thanks to Jamaal Charles finally getting his act together against my useless Patriots - I feel like a pressure has been lifted.

Well done!
    I'd like to thank some dufus Offensive lineman for robbing me of mine!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers--huge-day-includes-all-time-great-play
    that-didn-t-count-201724066.html

''No thanks''

odd.....I cant actually see that. I see the problems in Div 3 in relation to a trade, but there you go.

• Advertisement

Got a message from Infacteh Indians saying that he pressed the wrong button when accepting the trade for Gronk.

I have asked him to come on here and discuss it. Because I am the GM, I think its fairer that the discussion happens here rather than privately, its more open that way.

I have a problem in 'undoing' this trade, because it sets all the wrong sorts of precedents. We cannot be in a situation where people say they hit the wrong button 8 hours after accepting a trade. I think if we can have a discussion on here on how to deal with this going forward, it would be more beneficial to everyone. Thats not to say that I wont undo the trade, but its probably not the smartest course of action.

So guys, what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I have no problem with the trade, value-wise. I think he did better out it, I'd rather have Gronk than Thomas at the moment. Personally I would have no issue whatever you guys decide, but if i was a participant in the trade, I might be within my rights to hold onto the player - especially 8 hours later. If the comment of "no thanks" was made at the time of the trade, it does lend credence to the hit wrong button explanation.

Precedent-wise, as long as neither player has played, scored points or had their injury status updated nor their expected workload to increase/decrease (due to a team mate injury/suspension) and the two that agreed to the trade both want to undo it, then I don't see an issue in trying to keep the league as friendly as possible.

I think firstly, both trade partners have to agree to it (the cancelling of the deal)
    There must be no material change in the value of either of the players either directly or indirectly (as a result of team mate - i.e We find out that Brady looks like he's going to have a down year, or that Emmanual Sanders is getting a bigger workload)
    I also believe that the players should not have played a game between the trade and the cancelling. This gives more information about the player in retrospect.

My only thing here is it is quite clear that there was no interest in the trade. I think nfl.com have swapped the decline accept buttons on their app this year.

as to what should happen, I think it's clear that the was no intention to make a trade, however, whichever way the division 3 issue was solved should be the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Agree with poldebruin's comment.

If legitimate mistake made, think it's fair to cancel it.

Houston Texans DEf (#2 def this season) available for a good WR.

PM with any offers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

as i said in the other thread. You make a mistake thats your tough luck.

If both parties dont want to reverse it then the trade stands end of. If both want to reverse it then they should deal with it between them and not drag the rest of the league into the discussion. Its easy to offer the trade reversal and if both parties are ok with it its accepted and the status quo returns.

the only way a trade should be reversed is if NFL.com come out with some kind of statement that there was a glitch and trades where reject was hit were accepted and vica versa. Thats not the case so its user error and tough luck.

Lads, I will swap him back, I think its clear the guy made a mistake and I'm not a dick.

Gronk or Travis Kelce on the block for a good WR1/2 again.

Lads, I will swap him back, I think its clear the guy made a mistake and I'm not a dick.

Fair play

going from bad to worse now....

brought in Bridgewater cause Brady has been shocking and then he gets deactivated for the game last night....

BizzyC wrote: »
    going from bad to worse now....

brought in Bridgewater cause Brady has been shocking and then he gets deactivated for the game last night....

In fairness it wasnt a secret that he may be a scratch for the game. If you decided to put him in and go to bed without confirmation then thats realyl a big balls up your end and not a case of bad luck.

• Advertisement

yeah I know, some of the reports had him down as probable though when I made the move.
    I was never going to win this week with Brady at the helm and Foster likely to be out anyway.
    Especially with Lacy netting 25 for bray broncos.

This may be my worst ever FF team, what was I thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

D3PO wrote: »
    as i said in the other thread. You make a mistake thats your tough luck.

If both parties dont want to reverse it then the trade stands end of. If both want to reverse it then they should deal with it between them and not drag the rest of the league into the discussion. Its easy to offer the trade reversal and if both parties are ok with it its accepted and the status quo returns.

the only way a trade should be reversed is if NFL.com come out with some kind of statement that there was a glitch and trades where reject was hit were accepted and vica versa. Thats not the case so its user error and tough luck.

I thought the exact same thing when I read the Division 3 thread on it, but then I do the same, stupid thing. I was on a course with work, got the alert on the app in class, typed 'no thanks' and pressed ACCEPT, thinking it was to accept the message. :mad:

Have to say, I'm not mad about the layout of the app! I normally use the PC. Also, I accepted the trade on Tuesday, it didn't go through til Friday, yet there's no option to cancel the trade.

Gronk or Travis Kelce on the block for a good WR1/2 again.

Fair play for accepting the trade reversal. You didn't have too, the mistake was on my side, to thanks again. :cool:

As it turns out, the trade reversal won't go until next game week, so you'll get 1 gameweek out of Demaryius.

And many thanks to the other Franchise Owners for sticking up for me, in keeping with the competitive nature of the NFL ;)

wow, really shot myself in the foot.
    Didn't listen to the injury news and started bridgewater, Brady has a good game -20.98 points.
    Listened to injury news and sat Foster -22.3 points.

End up losing by 41.32 points....

nice little stat line by demaryius thomas for his one week stay in my lineup. I would have won anyways, but finally, have broken my duck.

1-4 (here I come!)

in other news cutlering the mustard is back in the game.

they made some lineup changes last week. After contacting the guy, I never heard anything back.

Their progress will be monitored carefully. They were inactive for what looks like 4 weeks, so any further periods of inactivity will result in the GM taking over their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Meanwhile all my fantasy teams this year are going backwards..... ughhhh! :(

in other news cutlering the mustard is back in the game.

they made some lineup changes last week. After contacting the guy, I never heard anything back.

Their progress will be monitored carefully. They were inactive for what looks like 4 weeks, so any further periods of inactivity will result in the GM taking over their team.

Isnt that the same guy that got kicked from the Dynasty league last season due to inactivity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

D3PO wrote: »
    Isnt that the same guy that got kicked from the Dynasty league last season due to inactivity ?

Yes.

bad form. So the guy has previous. Id be very vigilant if Im the gms of div4 so.

• Advertisement

Well tbh its clear cut, he missed draft and was inactive for first 4 weeks (3 is limit) if he doesn't log in before ko thurs gm should take over team

Advertisement