Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

and 1-6!

Jesus!

Its gone beyond help, but in a desperation play, everyone is on the draft block. That includes Gronk and Shady McCoy. Make me offers!

offer for shady mccoy from allie cows noted....he offered jordy nelson in return. thinking about it.....

If anyone else wants shady, send me the trade. my RB core is jonathan stewart and zac stacy, so if someone can offer me a RB (of any sort), you can take a look at my wr's and maybe we can a double swap.

my rb core is so low that I would probably need someone there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Bray Broncos are putting Reggie Bush, Tre Mason and Darren Sproles on the block if anyone is looking for RB help.
    I could package a WR (Quick) or TE (Owen Daniels/Vernon Davis) as that is what I'm looking for in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Phew... Brady is getting back on track now and my season is starting to turn with him.
    Going to be 4-4 after starting 1-4.

Going to be tough over next 2 weeks though, all my receivers on bye next week when I face Godfavre, Brady on bye the following week.

Wow, watching the games on delay last night so couldn't check fantasy but kept thinking... Please don't let me be up against big ben this week.... 522 yards and 6tds , 44pts later....Yep.

But just clung on to win, 128 - 126!

• Advertisement

I traded gronk for julius thomas this week, but fortunately larry fitz was part of the deal and he came up big (bit of a surprise to be fair).

you're 1-6 and you trade gronk the week he blows up for 32 points. you couldnt write this stuff.

2-6 now though. :rolleyes:

Also Cutlering the mustard started a player on a bye this week.

As per the original deal, I will take over their team this week.

We have given him every opportunity and there has been no response to messages i have sent to him on boards.

Everyone happy with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Also Cutlering the mustard started a player on a bye this week.

As per the original deal, I will take over their team this week.

We have given him every opportunity and there has been no response to messages i have sent to him on boards.

Everyone happy with that?

No, I have to say I'm not happy with this. In fact I am extremely confused about it and would like some kind of clarification. The "original deal" is the set of rules that were agreed upon and clearly laid out for all boards league. In this case they have been completely ignored for no good reason.

gufc21 initially pointed out the inactive on the 26th of September.

Below are all the many posts relating to the inactive.
    gufc21 wrote: »
    Just to raise the point my opponent this week, Cutlering the mustard, has been inactive the start of the season. He hasn't logged in since the season started.
    Same team was booted out of the Dynasty league for being inactive.
    Think may have had similar issues in Div 5 last year, not 100 % sure on that
    poldebruin wrote: »
    Can we message him and let the GM of the league take over the team by Saturday? He has 3 bye players and 1 on IR this week. I think it's fair to say this qualifies as an abandoned team.
    I know it will end up biting me in ass but ya gm should take control. It's no add drops and best team using projected nfl.com totals right?
    poldebruin wrote: »
    That's the gist. No backup qb, and by seasons end it will be the bare bones of a team gm controlled or not.

I really don't understand abandoning a team, if you bother to show for a draft you would think the interest would be there.
    He was auto draft. Hasn't logged in this season at all
    sorry guys only seeing this now. I will contact him today.

JF (GM)
    Have contacted him via boards. They have been very active in the last few weeks on other threads, so seems that they are around.

will update as I get it.

in other news, unless gronk breaks out tonight, I'm going 0-4!! Shady McCoy is really trying my patience. 17 yards last night....
    in other news cutlering the mustard is back in the game.

they made some lineup changes last week. After contacting the guy, I never heard anything back.

Their progress will be monitored carefully. They were inactive for what looks like 4 weeks, so any further periods of inactivity will result in the GM taking over their team.
    D3PO wrote: »
    Isnt that the same guy that got kicked from the Dynasty league last season due to inactivity ?
    Tristram wrote: »
    Yes.
    bad form. So the guy has previous. Id be very vigilant if Im the gms of div4 so.
    Well tbh its clear cut, he missed draft and was inactive for first 4 weeks (3 is limit) if he doesn't log in before ko thurs gm should take over team
    why is he even getting a chance then ? the rules were the rules we had a hell of a lot of back and forth agreeing them.
    This was posted a page or two back.
    What are the rules on this again?
    3 weeks inactive and you're out
    Lads, I think its better to have him in there rather than not in there. If he starts an inactive again, he's gone.

I will tell him as much.

Does this make sense?
    Id actually prefer for him not to be here and for the GM to take over, as per the rules. Maybe that's just me through.
    Would second that.
    Has had his chance, and has prior form
    tricky one though, as he did change his team last week, so is now (technically) active again.
    the problem you have with the starting an inactive / player on a bye rule is if you ahve most of your guys have a bye in the same week or weeks an inactive can get by due to that technicality.

if your not active as per the rules then personally I think there should be zero tollerence. Thats why I thought we had a collective rule system made up by the majorities feedback here on boards ?

Look its your league so the GMs shoudl do what the league wants I jsut think a guy who has form, doesnt turn up to draft, has had 4 weeks of playing inactives / bye players doesnt deserve any leeway.

I dont have anythign personal against the guy, I dont even know who he is here on boards, my views are purely from the point of wanting all fantasy players to get enjoyment out of the game and thats best servers without inactives.

No, I have to say I'm not happy with this. In fact I am extremely confused about it and would like some kind of clarification. The "original deal" is the set of rules that were agreed upon and clearly laid out for all boards league. In this case they have been completely ignored for no good reason.

gufc21 initially pointed out the inactive on the 26th of September.

Below are all the many posts relating to the inactive.

Thanks for that Tristram. The problem here is that I should have immediately banned him as per rules but instead of banning him straight away, I contacted him to say he was going to be banned if he didnt update his team. He has been active right up until this week.

You seem to be going after me in all this for some reason. I've been crystal clear the whole way along in relation to this. As per the original message, if he was inactive at any stage again, his team would be taken over. This happened this week.

Rules are rules I suppose, so should have taken over at that stage, but it didn't happen and we gave him until thursday when he did in fact log in and change his lineup.
    Well tbh its clear cut, he missed draft and was inactive for first 4 weeks (3 is limit) if he doesn't log in before ko thurs gm should take over team

And again, lads, this is a voluntary free league, where I voluntarily give up my time for absolutely no gain. The guy is now banned and we have taken his team over.

I know Tristram has a problem with that but he's seems to have a personal issue with me. Anyone else got a problem with the gm taking over cutlering the mustards team?

Just to clarify, my issue is with the mishandling of this inactive situation, not the rules. The rules are crystal clear and leave no doubt as to what the correct procedure is should such a situation arise. My confusion is a direct result of the rules not being followed a month ago only to be implemented later on now. This kind of inconsistency doesn't sit well with me.

Also, I don't have a "personal issue" with any posters here and I don't think my pattern of posting would lend any credence to that theory. I actually think it's pretty bad form to even float something like that out there. I don't believe that kind of posting is what this forum is about. All my posts have been issue-based. I don't understand how I find myself in the situation of "defending" myself here yet again.

• Advertisement

Cmon Tristram, I know that you are a very respected poster. But you are being hyper pernickety in this respect.

The decision was made to give him until thursday to change his team. By the rules, he shouldnt have been given any more time. But how do you know what his personal situation was? He may have had a personal tragedy or something happen, so I think its reasonable and fair to give the guy a chance (as it was the very first bye week) to respond. Which we did.

Apparently this guy had previously gone inactive in a dynasty league. I had absolutely no knowledge of this, nor was it ever mentioned to me.

So thats it. Thats all there is to it. I'll take over his team and the league will roll on.

That's not in line with rules though.

Rule is 3 weeks of inactivity.
    He broke it once, fair enough he came back.

Has he broken it again or have you followed a new rule that you've made up?
    From what I can see he logged in 7 days ago, and the only bye player he played was a kicker.

My opponent this week had a bye player in their line up, why not take over that team as well?

BizzyC wrote: »
    That's not in line with rules though.

Rule is 3 weeks of inactivity.
    He broke it once, fair enough he came back.

Has he broken it again or have you followed a new rule that you've made up?
    From what I can see he logged in 7 days ago, and the only bye player he played was a kicker.

My opponent this week had a bye player in their line up, why not take over that team as well?

so what do you propose we do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭Guffy

There are two positions that I wouldn't take into count when considering activity.... Kicker and Defence. Not because of their imprtance or perceived lack of but rather because of their position in the my team squad. I have done it myself, picked up a D on waivers but forgotten to put them into lineup due to not scrolling down to see them. Every other position is viewable when you first open the page and these are easy to forget.

However, This team should have been taken over in week 4, going by the rules. I did suggest giving him until the Thursday alright but I guess that was wrong. In saying that two wrongs don't make a right. There is a history of inactivity here and therefore the team should be taken over immediately. I know some teams will of had an easier ride or whatever but it doesn't matter and I did raise the issue before I played him so I can't be called for seeking an unfair advantage or anything

I am looking to trade Aaron Rodgers now. I would like QB+WR in return I think but will listen to all offers. Shoot me a message if interested.

So thats it. Thats all there is to it. I'll take over his team and the league will roll on.

I think this is bad form. I have been in a position to either drop one of my players to pick up a Kicker or defence to cover a bye week and decided not to do it. I don't think it's evidence of an abandoned team. He may not have wanted to send Dawson to waivers.

This isn't enough evidence to suggest abandoned. Not everyone is logging into FF every day looking at and changing their team. You do have a responsibility to set a line up, but leaving a kicker in that's on a bye is not egregious in my opinion.

I'm playing a player that has 4 on byes this week, I have 4 myself, I'm pretty sure I might have to leave a spot open.

I'd suggest monitoring the team, and if it gets ridiculous the GM should jump in.

because of their position in the my team squad. I have done it myself, picked up a D on waivers but forgotten to put them into lineup due to not scrolling down to see them. Every other position is viewable when you first open the page and these are easy to forget.

I've done this so many times - or you forget to click submit and you think you have changed the line up only to discover to your chagrin that you've played an empty DEF and left your newly waiver acquired one on the bench
    There is a history of inactivity here and therefore the team should be taken over immediately.
    I don't think it was anything major. It seems like a an owner that is only vaguely interested. But vaguely interested should be enough if they are setting (for the most part) a lineup every week.
    I know some teams will of had an easier ride or whatever but it doesn't matter and I did raise the issue before I played him so I can't be called for seeking an unfair advantage or anything

I don't think anyone had any particular advantage, and for the most part, Cutlering had a viable team every week. Once, in week 4 he failed to start a QB and a DEF and once in week 8 he fielded a kicker on a bye. That's it.

interesting replies. I didn't think that anyone would give the guy a chance. I have contacted him a number of times, including again this week and he has never once come back to me. I know there was a mistake in week 4 by me but he was warned then (even if he didn't acknowledge it).

we need to make a call on this by tomorrow.

I vote we take it over, but I'm easy either way.

we just need to bring it to a head.

I say no, the rules say no.

The activity log on the league only shows changes made, not logins.
    He last made a change on the 21st, well within the 3 week period.

You cant talk about the last bout of inactivity all you want, just because that didn't get handled according to the rules doesn't mean we throw the rulebook out now.
    2 wrongs dont make a right.

His lineup looks fine for this week, he has 2 byes next week.
    If he plays those two bye players in next week's game, then we can boot him as he'll be past 3 weeks and clearly not managing his team.
    Until then anything else goes beyond the rules laid out for a GM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I say no, the rules say no.

The activity log on the league only shows changes made, not logins.
    He last made a change on the 21st, well within the 3 week period.

You cant talk about the last bout of inactivity all you want, just because that didn't get handled according to the rules doesn't mean we throw the rulebook out now.
    2 wrongs dont make a right.

His lineup looks fine for this week, he has 2 byes next week.
    If he plays those two bye players in next week's game, then we can boot him as he'll be past 3 weeks and clearly not managing his team.
    Until then anything else goes beyond the rules laid out for a GM.

I concur

• Advertisement

BizzyC is spot on.

As he isn't currently inactive I'm not sure why this cropped up now?

BizzyC is spot on.

As he isn't currently inactive I'm not sure why this cropped up now?

He didn't bench out a kicker who was on a bye.

He didn't bench out a kicker who was on a bye.

Think I'll have to do the same this week :(

edit: although not a kicker

Ok lads, cheers for the replies. I'm happy enough to let him work away.

Lets see what happens.

I am looking to trade Aaron Rodgers now. I would like QB+WR in return I think but will listen to all offers. Shoot me a message if interested.

Just want to make this gets noticed.

Just want to make this gets noticed.

cutler and mike evans for rodgers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Hey all, sorry about not giving the league as much time as possible,
    I'm in a few leagues so sometimes inactives get lost in the shuffle, I'll make sure to keep my roster up to date for the rest of the season.
    And equally I should have replied to messages but I'm a lazy bollocks.

mayordenis wrote: »
    And equally I should have replied to messages but I'm a lazy bollocks.

Love the honesty! This is actually the main reason for me not getting things done too.

Who would have thought that when I drafted Shady McCoy and Zac Stacy for my RB lineup that I would have 2 total TD's from my RB core in WEEK 9.

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Everybody should trade with me.

Week 8, I trade Gronk and he goes for 32pts
    Week 9, I trade Evans and he goes for 24pts

Advertisement