Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Well Philip Rivers finally put paid to my hopes of squeaking (undeservedly) into the playoffs last night.

While Big Ben was putting up 6TD's for the 2nd week running, Rivers posted a -2.18 effort (yes, that is a minus), the final nail in the Broncos coffin this year, although, waiver wire pickup Brandon Lloyd did chip in with a single point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Weird to feel so pleased with picking up win #3, but dammit I am.

My roster is irrecognisable from what I drafted.

Week 1:
    QB Aaron Rodgers
    RB Steven Ridley
    RB Fred Jackson
    WR Michael Crabtree
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Jarret Boykin
    TE Julius Thomas
    K Mason Crosby
    DEF Panthers
    Bench: Stevie Johnson, Ray Rice, Josh McCown, Kenny Stills, James White

Week 9:
    QB Ryan Tannehill
    RB LeSean McCoy
    RB Lorenzo Talifaero
    WR Michael Crabtree
    WR Mike Evans
    WR Kenny Stills
    TE Rob Gronkowski
    K Shayne Graham
    DEF Dolphins
    Bench: Fred Jackson, Jay Cutler, Alfred Blue, Josh Gordon, Bills

Really thought I was doomed to relegation at the start of the season but optimistic now that I will survive.

In hindsight I wish I had tried to deal Josh Gordon earlier in the season. It would have made more sense hanging on to him this long if I was going to make the play-offs and hopefully go on a championship run. If there is an owner out there in that position, confident of making the play-offs and looking to light it up throughout, I'm up for trading him. I am still in a situation where I need help now, not later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Unbelievably forgetful move by me, after putting in waiver request for Brian Hoyer I then forget to put him for Stafford's bye, just really busy few days.

Need to get lucky tonight to pull out a win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

my playoffs spot is confirmed. :)

swoody wrote: »
    my playoffs spot is confirmed. :)

my playoff elimination was confirmed weeks ago.

But we're not giving up on the year. My players will be playing hard for their jobs next year. I don't want to see them quit on their coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Jerry Jones just brought me upstairs and fired my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I have an outside chance of a playoff spot, need to pick up 2 games vs boccy's in the last 4 weeks to do it though.

I doubt my chances of going 4-0 to end the season for an automatic spot, there's a lot of 4-5 teams in the running for the wildcard though.

Trade block:

Ryan Tannehill and the Miami Dolphins DEF.

Send me a PM if interested!

Really happy my waiver request for Andy Dalton didn't go through now....

Hopefully Sanchez will do a better job covering for Brady this week.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Really happy my waiver request for Andy Dalton didn't go through now.....

Me too.....had a last minute change of heart. Thanks god.
    Hopefully Sanchez will do a better job covering for Brady this week.

oh.......pinning your hopes on Mark Sanchez??! I'm in the same boat with Kyle Orton starting in my win or go home game.

I see Division 2 (in Division 4 if you know what I mean) is starting to look like the NFC South. At least they, along with Division 4 are competitive. Runaway leaders in 1 and 3. I wonder if it's possible to rename the divisions within a division. North, East, West and South to avoid confusion.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the wildcard race is going to be something!

Oooh... looks like I'll win this week in spite of a potential Sanchez meltdown, and Boccy's look like losing as well.

I may still be in with a chance at a playoff seed...

edit:
    I've just realised how unlucky I've been with schedule this season.
    4th highest scoring team, but still have a negative points difference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

So Parkey, Benjamin, and a 12 point lead against eagles D... that lead is down to 2 now. Here's hoping cam gets moving the ball

Pick 6... u gota be sh1ttin me

Benjamin finally gives me a chance late on. Garbage time might save me and my slim playoff aspirations in a **** or get of the pot game

Ha thank u garbage time. That should do it... as grudance pointed out.. 'some folks won or lost games on those two touchdowns'

Sanchez came through, looking very good as well.
    But with Brady back, I wont be needing him.

If anyone is in need of a potential boost at QB, I'm open to trades for a decent backup WR/RB.

Sanchez came through, looking very good as well.
    But with Brady back, I wont be needing him.

If anyone is in need of a potential boost at QB, I'm open to trades for a decent backup WR/RB.

ha ha, Mark Sanchez.....seriously? :eek:

Whoever is starting QB in that Eagles offense is a viable fantasy starter. Sanchez is likely to put up very respectable numbers.

edit:

Just to add to that, in six quarters of football he has scored 33 points. Looking at the schedule going forward Eagles face: GB, Ten, Dal, Sea, Dal, Wsh, NYG. Pretty good run of games.

ha ha, Mark Sanchez.....seriously? :eek:

Watch the tape of the Eagles game.

That system is what he should be playing in, and he actually showed better decision making to Nick Foles.

I always felt bad for him in NY, Jets is a black hole for talent.
    As a Pats fan though, butt fumble was a highlight for me!

• Advertisement

Watch the tape of the Eagles game.

That system is what he should be playing in, and he actually showed better decision making to Nick Foles.

I always felt bad for him in NY, Jets is a black hole for talent.
    As a Pats fan though, butt fumble was a highlight for me!

yeah, but carolina are a mess right now, I wouldnt read too much into it. You'd want to be in a fairly big hole to start him and GB present a greater challenge this week.

Clay Matthews gotta love all this talk about Sanchez.....

He's not going to be a great QB to have, but with the offense he has around him I can see him busting out several 15+ point games between now and the end of the season.

Looking at some teams, that would be an upgrade.

Absolutely. I could be way off here but I'd expect Sanchez to be scoring at least 14 points each week with the potential there to be scoring in the 20s. He could easily be a top 10 QB from here til the end of the season.

Tristram wrote: »
    Absolutely. I could be way off here but I'd expect Sanchez to be scoring at least 14 points each week with the potential there to be scoring in the 20s. He could easily be a top 10 QB from here til the end of the season.

yes, but I also expect him to have a 6 pointer in there somewhere aswell.....

So at 3-7 and 15th in the league, I wonder what the hell I have been doing this year.....so heres my draft recap....

2e1g10p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

So at 3-7 and 15th in the league, I wonder what the hell I have been doing this year.....so heres my draft recap....

2e1g10p.jpg

mines just as good....... :pac:

11fd581cb26fdd1f3372e9a3b901721c.png

9-1 (thank god i got that lose out the way before the playoffs last week :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

328401.png

I see my whole team, except for my D, are playing bottom 7 opponents thnis week. There's no way I could lose.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

infacteh wrote: »
    =

I see my whole team, except for my D, are playing bottom 7 opponents thnis week. There's no way I could lose.......:D

I think you need more Tight Ends to be honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

TO. wrote: »
    I think you need more Tight Ends to be honest :D

Just playing the odds, one of them has to turn out to be consistent!! :D

• Advertisement

Game previews are always good for a laugh:
    Meanwhile, Pillow Fighters added two players, picking up Adam Vinatieri (8.00 projected points) and Taylor Gabriel (3.00 projected points) while dropping Shayne Graham (9.00 projected points) and Jared Cook (2.60 projected points). They've also benched Percy Harvin (bye) for the matchup. They'll still need to replace Jonas Gray (0.00 projected points) in the starting lineup. Pillow Fighters might want to think about picking up Roy Helu (6.30 projected points) to start over Gray (0.00 projected points) and might also consider adding Baldwin (7.40 projected points) to start in place of Kenny Stills (3.00 projected points).

Advertisement