Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Lol, possibly the biggest score from a single player this year was a projected 0....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

week 14 bye secured.

ready2party.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Moved up 2 places to 12th overall. First time out of the relegation zone all year! Two more game-weeks to guarantee survival.

Well I think Foster's injury issues are going to take me out of playoff contention now.
    With a loss this week I think it's virtually impossible for me to pick up a playoff spot now.

On another reoccurring topic, Cutlering the Mustard has another bye week player starting this week while he had an active backup on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Think I night have a slim shot at playoffs depending on results elsewhere. Does it go on head to head as a tie break?

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Does it go on head to head as a tie break?

Yup!

Wow, ended up winning by less than a point.
    Thank you Justin Forsett....

Last week is looking tight for the final playoff spot.
    I need to pull out a win and have either the Islanders or Bray Broncos lose since they're both ahead of me on tie-breakers at the moment.

Division 2 is looking a lot like NFC south at the moment.
    We might have a 6-7 team making the playoffs ahead of teams with 8-5 and 7-6 records.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

BizzyC wrote: »
    Division 2 is looking a lot like NFC south at the moment.
    We might have a 6-7 team making the playoffs ahead of teams with 8-5 and 7-6 records.

Yeah, must say never understood the point of divisions in these leagues. You don't play the others in division multiple times so just seems weird.
    Would have thought a single 16-team division with best records going through would have made more sense

How do tie breakers work for teams that didn't play each other?

After this week it looks like both myself and Boccy's Jockeys will be sitting at 8-5 with no head to head matchup.

He has a 2-0 division record, while I have 1-0.
    Overall, I have a better pts record though....how will this work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

How do tie breakers work for teams that didn't play each other?

After this week it looks like both myself and Boccy's Jockeys will be sitting at 8-5 with no head to head matchup.

He has a 2-0 division record, while I have 1-0.
    Overall, I have a better pts record though....how will this work out?

points is the second tie breaker so if no head to head match then points decides.

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »
    points is the second tie breaker so if no head to head match then points decides.

Don't think that's correct.

I'm out of the playoffs despite being in last week and getting a win, and been trying to figure out how that happened.
    Tied at 8-5 for wildcard spot with Boccy's Jockeys and Bray Broncos.

Bray Broncos beta me during the season so I get the have tiebreak over me.
    Didn't play against Boccy's Jockeys so no head-to-head, and I have more points scored.

Anyone have an idea how this works?

Also, it's ironic that the division winner that got into the playoffs at 6-7 is called "WinByDefault"

It looks a bit odd alright.
    But looking at the results, I think you lost out in a knock-on tie breaker.

Boccy's beat Bray Broncos so they come out above them, but Broncos beat you meaning they have to finish above you.

Wonder if it would have gone to points had you played and beaten Boccy's....

Interestingly, I actually come out bottom of the 8-5 standoff due to results against you and Broncos, but am actually placed 1st of the 4 teams in playoff standings due to winning my division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Yes, just checked it there today - was not sure I was in the playoffs or not as it was so tight between 4 or 5 teams. The entire Division was very competitive this year with all divisions having 3 viable teams.

Bray Broncos started 1-3 but finished strongly going 7-2 over the final 9 weeks and averaging 109 points per week. Eddie Lacy, Emmanuel Sanders and Coby Fleener were my stars of the season. Little cameos from Ronnie Hillman and Tre Mason also helped.

I wasted so much time (not to mention high draft picks) on Vernon Davis and Reggie Bush, who were the biggest busts of the year with 33 points and 42 points respectively. By way of comparison, Tre Mason scored 34 points last week alone.

Wild card game against "Won't Come Last" lined up next week. All of their players seem to be either NE, SD or HOU (v Jax!) so only 2 games for me to track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Lost my last 4 games, not the kind of form to get you into the post season :(

Don't think that's correct.

I'm out of the playoffs despite being in last week and getting a win, and been trying to figure out how that happened.
    Tied at 8-5 for wildcard spot with Boccy's Jockeys and Bray Broncos.

Bray Broncos beta me during the season so I get the have tiebreak over me.
    Didn't play against Boccy's Jockeys so no head-to-head, and I have more points scored.

Anyone have an idea how this works?

Also, it's ironic that the division winner that got into the playoffs at 6-7 is called "WinByDefault"

it is right

you lost to bray and didn't play bockeys your head to head to head is 0-1
    bray beat you and lost to bockeys so their head to head to head is 1-1
    bockeys beat bray and didn't play you so their head to head to head is 1-0

in that situation bockeys have the best head to head to head record followed by bray followed by you

eaxact same tiebreaker happened in the prem

I beat Slingers Owls and didn't play Spawn of Spongey so head to head to head was 1-0
    Slingers beat Sponger but lose to me so had 1-1 head to head to head
    Spongey lost to Slingers and didn't play me (same as your situation) so they were 0-1

so I won the division,slingers came second and spongey 3rd. It didn't matter in our scenario though as we all made the playoffs at 9-4 anyway.

it is right

I wasn't disagreeing with the head-to-head part, I was querying your point below:

Whatever the answer is, seems convoluted as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

The only thing that is decided is that
    Pillow fighters, Cutlering the mustard, Blacque Power (ahem) and Yippae Kai a Justin Tucker are relegated!!!!

From hero last year to absolute zero this year. :eek::eek:

Best of luck to all of those in the playoffs and consolation rounds.....

Very tight with 7 teams on 6-7 in the league. Just goes to show how competitive it has been this year.

The only thing that is decided is that
    Pillow fighters, Cutlering the mustard, Blacque Power (ahem) and Yippae Kai a Justin Tucker are relegated!!!!

From hero last year to absolute zero this year. :eek::eek:

Best of luck to all of those in the playoffs and consolation rounds.....

Very tight with 7 teams on 6-7 in the league. Just goes to show how competitive it has been this year.

it's very boring at the top tho..... :D

it is right

you lost to bray and didn't play bockeys your head to head to head is 0-1
    bray beat you and lost to bockeys so their head to head to head is 1-1
    bockeys beat bray and didn't play you so their head to head to head is 1-0

in that situation bockeys have the best head to head to head record followed by bray followed by you

eaxact same tiebreaker happened in the prem

I beat Slingers Owls and didn't play Spawn of Spongey so head to head to head was 1-0
    Slingers beat Sponger but lose to me so had 1-1 head to head to head
    Spongey lost to Slingers and didn't play me (same as your situation) so they were 0-1

so I won the division,slingers came second and spongey 3rd. It didn't matter in our scenario though as we all made the playoffs at 9-4 anyway.

Can you work out the seven-way 6-7 tie-breakers please? :)

Might have missed one or two but I think it worked out like this for the tie-breaker:

wont come last 5-2
    infacteh indians 4-1
    big game bottlers 3-3
    aille cows 3-3
    swords sharks 2-2
    barneys dinosaurs 2-3
    win by default 2-4
    pillow fighters 1-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

thats a mad tie breaker. But not sure anyone who has a losing record can expect to make the playoffs, even though some did.

thats a mad tie breaker. But not sure anyone who has a losing record can expect to make the playoffs, even though some did.

yep that is a mad tiebreaker. None of these were division winners ? (which would remove them from a tiebreaker scenario) 7 teams in a head to head seems mental.

yep that is a mad tiebreaker. None of these were division winners ? (which would remove them from a tiebreaker scenario) 7 teams in a head to head seems mental.

Wont come last was 8-5 and a division winner.

Of the rest, WinByDefault was a division winner and out of the 6-7 tiebreaker, so unluckily for Pillow Fighters, they'll be relegated as a result of a 6 way tie breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya its a weird one seeing Pillow Fighter ahead of me in the division but staying up on the tie breaker.

That's why we love/hate fantasy!

Wont come last was 8-5 and a division winner.

Of the rest, WinByDefault was a division winner and out of the 6-7 tiebreaker, so unluckily for Pillow Fighters, they'll be relegated as a result of a 6 way tie breaker.

man that is harsh. No inactives in Div5 saving him from relegation ?

whats the story with promotion? do i still need to win the championship playoffs or is my 12-1 record and regular season champions trophy enough :confused:

i'm usually battling relegation in D4 so this is all new to me.......

man that is harsh. No inactives in Div5 saving him from relegation ?

You usually have a few inactives/"don't get in on time" in the divisions above and they cascade down through the divisions if I remember rightly.

I wouldn't count my relegation chickens until the divisions are divvied up in July next year.

From the Charter:

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division.

....so yes, if you receive a first round bye, you are automatically promoted. teams 3 through 6 playoff for the remaining 2 spots this week.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to everyone in the play-offs and consolation bracket!

Advertisement