Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Just to let everyone know, there is a discussion going on in the main Boards Fantasy Thread regarding proposed rule changes and voting details for next year. Just in case you don't drop into that thread much. It will likely be stickied, but just in case you wanted to have a read or weigh in on any of the proposals.

For my playoff game I'm very much thinking of taking a chance and dropping Philip Rivers - who's been great all year (fantasy-wise) for all but one game. I'm tempted to slot new FA pickup Shaun Hill into my line up - but maybe I'm being too cute. Rivers is up against the Patriots this week, while Hill has a favourable matchup against Washington.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Benching the Rams D and Bryant could have been costly moves...
    Going in to last night I was hoping Lacy and Cosby wouldn't net 30+ points between them and they racked up close to 40 to give you the win.

Shame we came up against each other this week, with the other playoff game going 54.4 - 37.4

I should be able to finish 5th anyway, if there's any inactives in a higher league I could still get promotion.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Benching the Rams D and Bryant could have been costly moves...
    Going in to last night I was hoping Lacy and Cosby wouldn't net 30+ points between them and they racked up close to 40 to give you the win.

Shame we came up against each other this week, with the other playoff game going 54.4 - 37.4

Yeah, i thought my goose was cooked after Sunday's games tbh. I recorded the monday nighter and watched tuesday morning, when Lacy went off in the first half I knew i had a chance.

It is a shame when 2 high scores come up against each other but, I consider myself lucky as there were two even higher scores in the other game. Could easily be going home myself. It's been a very competitive league this year, the best i have taken part in and I think most if not all of the owners did a great job.

Bryant and the Rams were 50/50 calls over Royal and the Lions (v Tampa), but in fairness you left a few point on the bench as well, so either of us came within a decision or two of winning.

Shaun Hill, The Rams D and Mason Crosby all added to Bray Broncos at the last minute has dug me out the last two weeks. Mirroring the NFL, the hot team in the playoffs does well! luckily none of the real nfl teams have anything wrapped up yet and the spectre of rested players (stars) does not rear it's head.

Fantasy can be a cruel mistress. Down by 10 with only Alshon Jeffrey left to play, he has 2 points 58 minutes into the MNF game between the Bears and Saints. Cue 10 points in the last minute of garbage time (down 31-7) to hand me the win in the semis. So a big apology to my opponent, points were very hard to come by last week - even more so if you have Philip Rivers as your starting qb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

your gunna need some luck in the championship final......

thankfully he's on my team. :pac: :D :cool:

ba dum tss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

What a week for The Godfavre to have a complete stinker....

Barring an unholy miracle, it looks like Bray Broncos could be our champion for 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

swoody wrote: »
    your gunna need some luck in the championship final......

thankfully he's on my team. :pac: :D :cool:

ba dum tss!

That backfired tremendously...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

What a week for The Godfavre to have a complete stinker....

Barring an unholy miracle, it looks like Bray Broncos could be our champion for 2014.

because i've been scoring 100+ points every week i decided gambled on a few new changes but my heavy hitters never turned up, sure i'm promoted anyway so i don't really care. 13-2 is still good. :D
    BizzyC wrote: »
    That backfired tremendously...

my luck ran out........ literally! :pac:

Yes, thanks to Kyle Orton playing like Andrew Luck, and Andrew Luck playing like Kyle Orton I scooped the prize this year.
    Bray Broncos MVPs for the year are Eddie Lacy and Alshon Jeffrey. They really poured it on in the business end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

So is this the NEW div 4 thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I guess so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Feels...kinda lived in...

Can we start with maybe a draft time polls I get an idea? I'm run out the door with work and other stuff but wanna make sure I make this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

BKWDR wrote: »
    Can we start with maybe a draft time polls I get an idea? I'm run out the door with work and other stuff but wanna make sure I make this

I presume the draft will be after 3rd September right? I'm going on holidays on the 5th so I'll probably be on auto-draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Does GM update us into Div 4, on NFL.com or do we have to, I can't remember from last year?

Does GM update us into Div 4, on NFL.com or do we have to, I can't remember from last year?

I think he has to get the link sent to us or just rename it but yeah I've checked there and its still division 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'll be getting it set up soon lads don't worry. Draft date is usually on the Monday-Wednesday before the Thursday season opener.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I'll be getting it set up soon lads don't worry. Draft date is usually on the Monday-Wednesday before the Thursday season opener.

No rush Adam and thanks for doing the job again this year, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Adam, thanks for taking on responsibility of GM.

Can I suggest we hold Draft Sunday 30-Aug or 6-Sept Week nights make it hard to attend as usually still in work and possibility of been away travelling.

I assume we will hold vote but would like Sunday option included as option.

Cheers

Can I suggest we hold Draft Sunday 30-Aug or 6-Sept Week nights make it hard to attend as usually still in work and possibility of been away travelling.

Cheers

I know there will be a vote and that will win out. But bear in mind 30th is an all Ireland Semi final day (thinking of Mayo and Dublin ppl)

Weekend nights can be a dead duck with people's plans. Evening of a weekday between 31st and 4th ideal I'd hope

• Advertisement

Cheers
    BKWDR wrote: »
    I know there will be a vote and that will win out. But bear in mind 30th is an all Ireland Semi final day (thinking of Mayo and Dublin ppl)

Weekend nights can be a dead duck with people's plans. Evening of a weekday between 31st and 4th ideal I'd hope

Unfortunately, final squad cuts aren't until the Saturday and final waivers aren't processed until the Sunday which is why the draft is usually on the Monday-Wednesday.

These are largely players who most people won't consider drafting however and I'll include the Sunday option if people feel they would like that. In any event we can't hold the draft before the final round of preseason games on the 3rd.

Since this league is largely made up of those from last year's Div 6 I've kept the same set up on NFL.com and sent PM's to those from Div 5 who need to send me their NFL.com email addresses and usernames in order to be invited to the league. Once everyone is added we can go about choosing a draft date.

Just as I have plans and am traveling, Amy word on the draft date as is like to be available

Still waiting on one person to accept their invite to the league but we'll go ahead and sort the draft date anyway.

Options are Sunday 6th - Wednesday 9th at either 7, 8, or 9 pm. Pick as many of the time slots which suit you and use your boards username to vote otherwise they won't be counted.

http://doodle.com/f77my7wxx7zief5y

Still waiting on one person to accept their invite to the league but we'll go ahead and sort the draft date anyway.

Options are Sunday 6th - Wednesday 9th at either 7, 8, or 9 pm. Pick as many of the time slots which suit you and use your boards username to vote otherwise they won't be counted.

http://doodle.com/f77my7wxx7zief5y

Have you sent invites through nfl.com? I'm still in Boards division 5 on there...

Have you sent invites through nfl.com? I'm still in Boards division 5 on there...

Yep, you have to go into your emails and accept it though.

Yep, you have to go into your emails and accept it though.

But shouldn't we be in division 4?

But shouldn't we be in division 4?

You will be once you accept the email.

You will be once you accept the email.

Ok I'm in now. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Im in work until 9 on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. So unless its on Sunday or 10 one of those days I'll be a no show.

Advertisement