Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

curry-muff wrote: »
    Im in work until 9 on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. So unless its on Sunday or 10 one of those days I'll be a no show.

10 is late enough to start draft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'm on holidays so will be on auto draft as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

How is the Draft Date pole looking? Has everyone cast their vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

How is the Draft Date pole looking? Has everyone cast their vote?

Still waiting on five people to vote if FastFullback is going to abstain.

As of this morning when Davetherave amended his vote it's looking like Sunday at 9 PM but both Tuesday and Wednesday at 9 are only a single vote behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I voted for any time from Monday to Wednesday. I'm going to be watching the All Ireland Sunday and won't be near a computer or any internet until Monday so if it's Sunday evening I'm autodrafting as well (which, to be fair, would probably be better than me drafting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Adamcp898 wrote: »

As of this morning when Davetherave amended his vote it's looking like Sunday at 9 PM but both Tuesday and Wednesday at 9 are only a single vote behind.

Yeah when I first voted I didn't read the labels properly and I thought that the dates were last Sunday to yesterday, not next week. I was away in England last weekend which is why I didn't have myself available on the Sunday but that is changed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Is it possible to do two drafts at once? One of my other leagues drafts at 9 on Sunday too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Hi Adam,

When are you closing the poll? I say an NFL message from you today to say vote by Sunday? I assume that was a mistake and the vote will close either today or Saturday?

In Exile wrote: »
    Hi Adam,

When are you closing the poll? I say an NFL message from you today to say vote by Sunday? I assume that was a mistake and the vote will close either today or Saturday?

Yeah I'll be closing it tomorrow afternoon/evening, thought that's what I had said!

Anyone any ideas how to break a tie between two times by the way? Worst comes to worst I'll just flip a coin myself here but if anyone has any more transparent means of doing so feel free to suggest them!

Yeah I'll be closing it tomorrow afternoon/evening, thought that's what I had said!

Anyone any ideas how to break a tie between two times by the way? Worst comes to worst I'll just flip a coin myself here but if anyone has any more transparent means of doing so feel free to suggest them!

If it's a tie, go with the one I voted for.

This method also works if there's not a tie.

• Advertisement

What times are in the mix?

Well lads time to call this. It ended in a tie with 7 votes each for Tuesday 9pm and Wednesday 9 pm. I flipped a coin and Wednesday won out so we'll have it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Well lads time to call this. It ended in a tie with 7 votes each for Tuesday 9pm and Wednesday 9 pm. I flipped a coin and Wednesday won out so we'll have it then.

I didn't vote because I wasn't sure where to do it but Tuesday would suit me a lot better if it isn't too late to set it. It's fine if it's too late to change though.

theRB wrote: »
    I didn't vote because I wasn't sure where to do it but Tuesday would suit me a lot better if it isn't too late to set it. It's fine if it's too late to change though.

I think I'll leave it as Wednesday now. The poll was open for long enough and enough notice was given to everyone.

Cool. Out of the two, Tuesday suits as Wednesday I would have to auto draft
    Just as a by the by

Have the rules been updated for our season?

Week first 3 and last 3 are divisional games?

We have a flex option too this year don't we?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The divisional games yes.

People threw their toys out of the pram about the flex thing so no.

I still haven't updated the games but don't worry, they'll be there by Thursday night

Podge_irl wrote: »
    The divisional games yes.

People threw their toys out of the pram about the flex thing so no.

Cheers. After seeing so many different conversations on the subject I was getting confused.

Draft day.......

And the schedule has been entered as well.

• Advertisement

Is the iPhone app any good for drafting on? I've no laptop with me and the app doesn't seem to work for mock drafts.

theRB wrote: »
    Is the iPhone app any good for drafting on? I've no laptop with me and the app doesn't seem to work for mock drafts.

I tried to use the Android app a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare, but that was nearly three years ago I'd say. If you have no choice, then obviously it's the way to go, but don't be surprised if it screws you over.

****ing last

****ing last

What do you click into to see the draft order? I'm on the league home page and can't find it

EDIT nevermind I'm an idiot.

****ing last

I don't think that makes a massive difference personally because of the snake ordering of it. OK your first round guy might be weak, but it's balanced out overall. And anyway, last year my first round, first pick was the disastrous AP. He won't last long enough tonight for me to get a chance not to pick the kid-beating bollix again, but I would happily overlook him...

Ah I know. Would prefer a middle-round area though, particularly in 16 man league. I go 30 picks between selections, forces you to reach for players you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

For some reason, the draft client doesn't work with an Ethernet connection so I'll be on autodraft.

Autodraft is an actual abomination. This must be how Redskins fans feel after the draft every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

HIGH EXPECTATIONS LOCKED IN, SUPER TROOPERS FC RACKS UP RECEIVING TALENT
    Draft Grade|A+
    Proj Record|10-3|
    Proj Finish|2|
    YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS|48.6%

DRAFT SUMMARY
    Super Troopers FC took advantage of picking 13th overall, putting together a roster that will give opponents fits this season. They decided that the time for wide receivers was early, using three of their first four picks on that position. Corresponding with that strategy, Super Troopers FC landed the most prolific quartet of wide receivers in the league.
    Scoffing at traditional fantasy strategy, Super Troopers FC neglected to select a running back in the draft's first three rounds.
    In the 6th round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Tevin Coleman was selected at pick number 84 versus an ADP of 123.1 across all NFL.com leagues.
    The other league managers may have passed over a diamond in the rough, as Philip Rivers dropped to the 109th overall pick versus an ADP of 91.0.

Dez, Demarius, Allen and Olsen, can't really complain about that receiving corps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

After last nights Terrible draft, hated been #2 and having to make 2 choices each time together. Just cheered myself up with The League season 7 Premiere.

Advertisement