Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Anyone else notice the preview of your matchup is no longer available on NFL app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone else notice the preview of your matchup is no longer available on NFL app

I don't even bother with the app anymore, has it improved in any way? Awful the last few years.

Out of curiosity how many trades between teams actually go through in our league each year. 3 years and yet to have one accepted or offered a fair one to accept?

Out of curiosity how many trades between teams actually go through in our league each year. 3 years and yet to have one accepted or offered a fair one to accept?

They do seem very rare. I was offered one this morning that I really didn't think was remotely fair. I think it's a combination of (in my case) not often being able to design what I would regard as a fair trade to offer somebody that matches my needs with areas the other person lacks, in part due to a bit of a lack of knowledge or confidence about it, and on the other hand a fear that people are trying to screw the other person over with a trade, rather than coming up with something mutually beneficial.

The one I got this morning, for example, wanted me to take a no.2 WR (a pretty distant no. 2 at that) and RB, in exchange for a no1. WR and RB. I mean, that isn't going to fly, I'm not sure what the intention of it was. I'm short of Wide Receivers, so I could countenance a trade that involved swapping out a good RB for a good, maybe even only OK WR. But a direct swap that involves me downgrading in TWO positions? If people are just trying to play each other for suckers then trades won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

They do seem very rare. I was offered one this morning that I really didn't think was remotely fair. I think it's a combination of (in my case) not often being able to design what I would regard as a fair trade to offer somebody that matches my needs with areas the other person lacks, in part due to a bit of a lack of knowledge or confidence about it, and on the other hand a fear that people are trying to screw the other person over with a trade, rather than coming up with something mutually beneficial.

The one I got this morning, for example, wanted me to take a no.2 WR (a pretty distant no. 2 at that) and RB, in exchange for a no1. WR and RB. I mean, that isn't going to fly, I'm not sure what the intention of it was. I'm short of Wide Receivers, so I could countenance a trade that involved swapping out a good RB for a good, maybe even only OK WR. But a direct swap that involves me downgrading in TWO positions? If people are just trying to play each other for suckers then trades won't happen.

You hit the nail on the head RDS.

I've never been offered a fare trade in these leagues at all. I think it's just borne of out people wanting to make sure they get the bigger end of the stick first and then not being able to make it look remotely attractive to the other party.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I traded away OBJ last year for a feckin TE cause I was desperate for one and had so many WRs (to be fair, before he fully exploded onto the scene).

Didn't work out too swimmingly...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I traded away OBJ last year for a feckin TE cause I was desperate for one and had so many WRs (to be fair, before he fully exploded onto the scene).

Didn't work out too swimmingly...

Ouch. Presume something along those lines happens every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

The one you offered me was probably the fairest one I had ever received in 3 years in these leagues. It ended up being one of those ones where I decided to stick with what I had.

Tyler Eifert, 3rd best TE in league (40.20 fantasy points - 3 TD & 222 receiving yards) is on Trading Block, please send me back up WR you are willing to trade for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Tyler Eifert, 3rd best TE in league (40.20 fantasy points - 3 TD & 222 receiving yards) is on Trading Block, please send me back up WR you are willing to trade for?

Have a quick look at my line up. Let me know within reason. (Dingle Dogs)

• Advertisement

I'm up for trading Tyrod Taylor - 5th best QB this season in fantasy. Looking for RB's

BKWDR wrote: »
    Have a quick look at my line up. Let me know within reason. (Dingle Dogs)

Dingle Dogs, if your WR I would only be interested in Sanders and I won't insult you with trade offer. You have got unlucky with some good veteran WR who not getting targeted this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I also have Antonio Gates available for trade. Looking for WR2 or WR3 options. I'm RomaSuck Raiders.

Lost by 4 points...plan to play with only 8 players (2WR) due to half team on Bye back fired after looking good on Sunday.

Cloonabinnia, I had to turn down your trade.

I'd have loved to accept, but after I lost J Charles last week, I couldn't afford to take that sort of a gamble

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Gary Barnidge anyone?

Sorry guys just looked at my lineup there, im a disaster between lads on BYE and IA's

Thank God I did not start P.Manning. Peterson in which will be his last game for me had a stormer, back too top of Division 😎

Malcolm Floyd scored 23.3 points. FFS I can't buy a bloody win. That's 6 defeats in a row. I bring in a RB who ends up being IA.....

I really can't wait for this season to be over

In Exile wrote: »
    Malcolm Floyd scored 23.3 points. FFS I can't buy a bloody win. That's 6 defeats in a row. I bring in a RB who ends up being IA.....

I really can't wait for this season to be over

I won this week, but I knew I was screwed from a long way out. First round pick was Anderson, made the mistake of playing him again this week but got bailed out by Langford. Also picked desean Jackson. And like a fool, turned down several offers to trade both of them (though the offers were bad at the time). Very frustrating season. Picking up Langford was the one clever move I made.

• Advertisement

I won this week, but I knew I was screwed from a long way out. First round pick was Anderson, made the mistake of playing him again this week but got bailed out by Langford. Also picked desean Jackson. And like a fool, turned down several offers to trade both of them (though the offers were bad at the time). Very frustrating season. Picking up Langford was the one clever move I made.

I picked up both Chandarick West and Knile Davis when Charles got hurt. I took Charles with my first round pick. At least West has covered for him.

Only other highlight has been getting Benjamin Watson. God I hate FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ah here, on the 21st of October Cloonnabinnia wanted my Blake Bortles for his Peyton Manning. I guess he must have dumped Manning off to Heisenberg because now he wants my Blake Bortles for his Peyton Manning. I'll tell you the same thing I told Cloonnabinnia

Come back with a decent offer and not someone who has less than half the points and is past it, for my awesome young stud who has the better rest of season rate.

I'm open to trades but you can fcuk right off with offers like that. :D

davetherave, we are at part of season weer people stay not paying attention to Fantasy Football. Although hoping as I move up division, teams with losing records still play week in week out.

I was just chancing my arm with Manning for Bortles Trade in case you do not follow NFL and may not be aware Manning out for weeks (possible season as starter) and just recognize his name and history and think it good.

snakey fúck....

Yeah, that's why nobody ****ing trades in this division. The only offers you get are people trying to rip you off. More or less removes that whole dimension from the game unfortunately.

Yeah, that's why nobody ****ing trades in this division. The only offers you get are people trying to rip you off. More or less removes that whole dimension from the game unfortunately.

This, tbf.

Even that RB + WR for RB + WR trade that went through a couple of weeks back was somewhat odd.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    This, tbf.

Even that RB + WR for RB + WR trade that went through a couple of weeks back was somewhat odd.

What was odd about it? I needed a good WR and was willing to give up Marquee player in Peterson. Figured and was correct that only way a trade will take place is if recognised player involved. Last week players involved scored me 19.40 versus 18.10 players I traded away.

What was odd about it? I needed a good WR and was willing to give up Marquee player in Peterson. Figured and was correct that only way a trade will take place is if recognised player involved. Last week players involved scored me 19.40 versus 18.10 players I traded away.

What about this week? ;)

Nothing wrong with it per-say in so far as collusion, but I just thought at the time it was a little one-sided. But I won't veto a trade and will always leave it to the league vote to decide unless it's very obviously two people making a mockery of things, after all people being able to take chances and make their own trades is part of what makes it fun.

MIke Wallace (WR) and jason Witten (TE) up for trade in return for a WR, send me your options. Will trade 2 for 1 if you want.

• Advertisement

I cannot be any happier that season is over.

After starting 3-1, I finished on a 9 game losing streak, and most of those games were blowouts. It seemed every waiver I made, every sub I made was the wrong call.

Advertisement