Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Cloonnabinnia Crimison Tide - Two Championship finals in a row ........this year we meet in round one of playoffs, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Cloonnabinnia Crimison Tide - Two Championship finals in a row ........this year we meet in round one of playoffs, best of luck

That was a seriously close one. It's always a tight one when we meet in the playoffs, it's a pity we couldn't have been kept apart until the end again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I really hate the bye week (only in the consolation bracket but still) you play the game for the craic, a week off means nothing to distract you from work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I really hate the bye week (only in the consolation bracket but still) you play the game for the craic, a week off means nothing to distract you from work.

It's nice when your players somewhat **** the bed though.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It's nice when your players somewhat **** the bed though.

Mine do that every week.

• Advertisement

Two previous champs in the final so.

Two previous champs in the final so.

Cloonnabinnia and Heisenberg played out Championship match in 2013 (Div 7) & 2014 (Div 6), if I recall.

Pity NFL app does not have a history section like in Championship Manager etc to see your performance each year.

Cloonnabinnia and Heisenberg played out Championship match in 2013 (Div 7) & 2014 (Div 6), if I recall.

Pity NFL app does not have a history section like in Championship Manager etc to see your performance each year.

Does indeed have a history section. Click League and over on the right is a History subsection. Myself (TDM) and Tig Besticles fought it out two years ago. Our league has basically moved up en masse each year so it's easy enough to track.

Edit: app doesn't have it. Website does.

Does indeed have a history section. Click League and over on the right is a History subsection. Myself (TDM) and Tig Besticles fought it out two years ago. Our league has basically moved up en masse each year so it's easy enough to track.
    Cool, I can track my failure to ever make the playoffs while sky rocketing up the leagues. Hopefully we'll all be in division 2 next year.

I'm happy enough just to have gotten a winning record to be honest after being left to rely on UDFA's by a miserable autodraft. Should be a great final, both of us have won it all before and the last time either of us lost was November 1. Best of luck TDM, last season Gio Bernard won me the championship on MNF in week 16, hoping for something similar this year ;)

• Advertisement

That...could have started better

Anyway, best of luck and happy Christmas!

Congratulations to TDM

Cheers. Let's see if we can keep our track record of moving up as a group!

Great season lads, congrats to everyone who made the playoffs, fingers crossed a few of us will make it to division 2 next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Well done to TDM

Apologies to all, i didn't really throw myself into it this year, i had a busy Sept and never really got to picking it up again in Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

After starting 4-1, I went either 0-8/0-9

What a disaster of a season. Some Chip Kelly-esque decisions early on killed me.

I said after week 9 I wasn't playing this stupid game again.

Can't wait to make up for it next season.

Well lads, just bumping this to remind anyone from last year who hasn't seen already, to post on the 2016 fantasy football thread to be included for the coming season again

Did we go up a division or still 4 this year?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Did we go up a division or still 4 this year?

Remains to be seen, but I'd imagine the amount of promotions you get has to diminish eventually. I started in division six, yet I've never made the playoffs!

Remains to be seen, but I'd imagine the amount of promotions you get has to diminish eventually. I started in division six, yet I've never made the playoffs!

We'll be in the premier league yet....

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    We'll be in the premier league yet....

It's a game of stamina more than strength

Who was GM last year as I am down to take over this year and would like to just rename old Division 4 as new Division 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

So I'm the new Division 4 GM. Here are our participants this year.

Please PM me your email and I can invite you to the league.

Invites sent to: ftse100,LightningBlue, DBIreland, Joemcn95 and Blue Shamrock so far.

Wicklow Redskins exspensivewino Div4
    Eric D and Ivory In Exile Div4
    Portlaoise Patriots nasty_crash Div4
    Tallaght Band Mcrannp Div4
    Roebuck racial ephiets Raphael Div4
    Dublin G-Men Double G Brew Div4
    converse nostars Smcglan Div4
    The Monstars Joemcn95 Div4
    Longford Crusaders LightningBlue Div4
    Foxy Fellows AbusesToilets Div4
    Hello Simey Bugg Div4
    wilfork for cash DBIreland Div4
    kerry kings DDC1990 Div4 GM
    The Mayo 51ers Blue Shamrock Div4
    The Abusement Park ftse100 Div4
    Its always Murray in Philly_b wardie101 Div4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Joined the league as Longford Crusaders. Thanks for setting it up DDC1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

In as The Mayo 51ers, third season of fantasy football hopefully be a good season. Cheers for setting it up DDC1990

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any idea for draft date? Snake or auction? Any chance of a flex position this year?

Any idea for draft date? Snake or auction? Any chance of a flex position this year?
    The usual settings as far as I know.

Snake auction and 3 WR's no flex.

Same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

DDC1990 wrote: »
    The usual settings as far as I know.

Snake auction and 3 WR's no flex.

Same as last year.

I really dislike the lack of a flex, makes no sense to me. Wasting players on the bench.

I really dislike the lack of a flex, makes no sense to me. Wasting players on the bench.

Yeah 2 years ago we had the flex option and it was great.

Unfortunately its not my call. There is usually a vote to change settings and stuff. Don't know has it happened yet.

• Advertisement

10 invited, 5 to go.

When everyone has joined the league we can go about picking a draft day and time.

Advertisement