Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

poldebruin wrote: »
    Nope, I'm more than happy for you to to GM the league. I~ just wanted to ensure there was no mix ups.

Are you going to be a Goodell or a Tagliabue?

I'm going to be an Al Davis, constantly suspicious the league is overthrowing me and planning a merger with division 5 or something. I became notorious in the Madden league for being a Davis re-incarnation. But seriously with GMs low-key is the way to go. After the division 4 and 5 shenanigans last year I will be double and triple-checking all the rules on a daily basis.

If I ever do come across as insulting or something, take it as a joke, because 99% of the time it is. I'll try to break my character and be a diplomat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'm going to be an Al Davis, constantly suspicious the league is overthrowing me and planning a merger with division 5 or something. I became notorious in the Madden league for being a Davis re-incarnation. But seriously with GMs low-key is the way to go. After the division 4 and 5 shenanigans last year I will be double and triple-checking all the rules on a daily basis.

If I ever do come across as insulting or something, take it as a joke, because 99% of the time it is. I'll try to break my character and be a diplomat though.

Just win baby!

All right first duty as GM is assembling the league. I'll do the list of people currently in the league, though I don't know all the usernames so tell me which team is who's.

Teams I know are in the league from division 5:
    Sandyford Sharks - Matthew8
    Team of Rivals - Jimmy Iovine
    Team Better Than Awesome - Hazys
    Clontarf Cheetahs - Jester1980
    Washington Generals - padraig f
    Bunch of Goons - Benimar
    Molly - San Diego Tribesmen

Others from division 5 whose teams are not there or I don't recognise but are meant to be in division 4:
    Slowharry
    El Duderino
    Arod 2000

Division 4 owners from last year still in the league (tell me the team you own):
    Poldebruin - Bray Broncos
    Niall1811
    Benny Cake - Moyross Piebalds
    Raven 136
    Scouser
    EveAlex - Longford Patriots

Now I was just kicking some teams there who were promoted and I accidentaly kicked the Longford Patriots for some reason so if you are them I'll send you a pm. Once we have the league assembled I'll set up a draft time poll.

All right first duty as GM is assembling the league. I'll do the list of people currently in the league, though I don't know all the usernames so tell me which team is who's.

Teams I know are in the league from division 5:

Others from division 5 whose teams are not there or I don't recognise but are meant to be in division 4:
    Slowharry
    El Duderino
    Molly
    Benimar
    Padraig f
    Arod 2000

Division 4 owners from last year still in the league (tell me the team you own):
    Niall1811
    Benny Cake
    Raven 136
    Scouser
    EveAlex

Now I was just kicking some teams there who were promoted and I accidentaly kicked the Longford Patriots for some reason so if you are them I'll send you a pm. Once we have the league assembled I'll set up a draft time poll.

Updated with my team name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

My team name is Bunch of Goons.

Have now signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Will sign up later on today. Cant right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Signed up as the Washington Generals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

My team are the Moyross Piebalds.... hopefully the Piebalds can improve on last years ordinary performances!!

I've updated the post with the names and teams. I've also set up a doodle draft poll, though because I don't know when I'm free I won't vote for a while. Here's the link:

http://doodle.com/28wgpz4hd9uxitub

The time that receives the most votes will be chosen, if times are tied I will go with the earliest one so if something goes wrong we will have more time to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I've updated the post with the names and teams. I've also set up a doodle draft poll, though because I don't know when I'm free I won't vote for a while. Here's the link:

http://doodle.com/28wgpz4hd9uxitub

The time that receives the most votes will be chosen, if times are tied I will go with the earliest one so if something goes wrong we will have more time to resolve it.

I just voted. I'd imagine you can knock Saturday 1st on the head as the Navy/Notre Dame game is that day.

• Advertisement

San Diego Tribesman are back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

just voted

just a reminder to all

dublin v mayo is on the 2nd of September

possible draft day minefield!

I've added my vote.

Could you look again at the dates offered - the last day, Sept 5th is actually the new season kickoff. I think this is leaving it too tight in the event something unforeseen happens/goes wrong.

We should look to have the draft on the Mon or Tue of that week at the absolute latest imo.

It won't be on Wednesday, if that's leading the poll I will use the next most popular time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

poldebruin wrote: »
    I've added my vote.

Could you look again at the dates offered - the last day, Sept 5th is actually the new season kickoff. I think this is leaving it too tight in the event something unforeseen happens/goes wrong.

We should look to have the draft on the Mon or Tue of that week at the absolute latest imo.

Sept 5th is off the table for all league as NFL.com are not offering it as a date on the draft setup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Just voted there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Damn it, I'm in Vegas all those days, so i'll be in no state of mind for a draft...oh well :cool:

Looking like Sunday at 8pm. I see padraig is in the PPR league which is drafting at that time, so if its tied I won't go with 8pm Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Looking like Sunday at 8pm. I see padraig is in the PPR league which is drafting at that time, so if its tied I won't go with 8pm Sunday

Thanks, just noticed that myself today. I requested to move the PPR draft to another day, like Monday, because I think there will be more than one Boards draft going on Sunday evening, and most PPR guys will be in one of them. Still needs to be discussed but hopefully we can get it moved.

Bleh, sunday doesn't work; auto pick will suck but if it has to be done it has to be done

• Advertisement

So here's the situation today, we have these owners signed up:
    Washington Generals - padraig f
    Bunch of Goons - Benimar
    Molly - San Diego Tribesmen
    Arod 2000 - The fumblers
    Benny Cake - Moyross Piebalds
    Raven 136 - The Klique
    Scouser - Golf Bravos
    EveAlex - Blue Bloods
    El Duderino - Team Awesome
    Slowharry - Zamunda Zebras

I think only Niall1811 has to sign up.

All but these owners have voted in the draft poll:

Arod 2000
    Niall1811
    Raven136
    Slowharry
    Jimmy Iovine

The deadline for voting in the draft poll is the 19th of August so please vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

All but these owners have voted in the draft poll:
    El Duderino (Don't think he will vote, hasn't been on boards in a year)
    Arod 2000
    Niall1811
    Scouser
    Raven136
    Slowharry

The deadline for voting in the draft poll is the 19th of August so please vote.

How did El Duderino confirm his spot in the league?

And Niall1811 is a mate of mine will get him to come in and post he is also Longford Patriots

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

im blue bloods

CoachTO wrote: »
    How did El Duderino confirm his spot in the league?

And Niall1811 is a mate of mine will get him to come in and post he is also Longford Patriots

He got in contact with division 5 GM Johnny Fontane before his promotion, and he's voted in the doodle poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

my franchise is the golf bravos

giddy up

Great, Team Awesome signed up. 1 more team to go, you know who you are, which is good because I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I have an email for el duderino on 5th july, saying he would like to sign up (to division 5). I have passed it over to the gm of div.4

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Lads

Sorry I've been away for a couple of weeks didn't think I was in div 4 looks like I got promoted I take a place if there is room.

Don't particularly mind what division I'm in as long as I'm in one

• Registered Users Posts: 1 El Duderino 2012

Great, Team Awesome signed up. 1 more team to go, you know who you are, which is good because I don't.
    Sorry for the mix-up guys - I'm Team Awesome. Just voted in the poll there as well last night.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in Division 4 or 5, but whichever one you want to put me in I'm happy with.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Sorry for the mix-up guys - I'm Team Awesome. Just voted in the poll there as well last night.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in Division 4 or 5, but whichever one you want to put me in I'm happy with.

Thanks

You're for sure in division 4.

Advertisement