Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

PMd you my email.

3WRs has an upside in a 16 man, as it keeps people from hoarding running backs - there's just not enough of them to go around, so you don't wanna see someone with 3 playable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Raphael wrote: »
    PMd you my email.

3WRs has an upside in a 16 man, as it keeps people from hoarding running backs - there's just not enough of them to go around, so you don't wanna see someone with 3 playable ones.

I disagree, it usually ends up with a person struggling to find a legit option for that 3rd WR spot and having a solid RB or TE sitting on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Yeah 2 years ago we had the flex option and it was great.

Unfortunately its not my call. There is usually a vote to change settings and stuff. Don't know has it happened yet.

In the boards leagues? These leagues should have always been 3 WR even after the poll done last year. I know a few divisions didn't follow suit like they should have. To keep it fair all rule changes go through a voting stage. No harm throwing up a thread for 2016 rule change proposals but probably a bit late in the day to give everyone a chance of voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

TOss Sweep wrote:
    In the boards leagues? These leagues should have always been 3 WR even after the poll done last year. I know a few divisions didn't follow suit like they should have. To keep it fair all rule changes go through a voting stage. No harm throwing up a thread for 2016 rule change proposals but probably a bit late in the day to give everyone a chance of voting.

It was a mistake from the GM. Not his fault nobody told him to change that setting.

As a first time GM I know how easy it could be to miss a setting like that especially as the default is 2WR 2RB 1Flex.

Just waiting on 3 emails now lads.

Everyone who Pm-ed me has been invited so if it hasn't come through to your email let me know.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Everyone who Pm-ed me has been invited so if it hasn't come through to your email let me know.

Haven't received anything yet. Are you sure you sent to the right email address? My email is .co.uk not .com which is a mistake I've seen a few make before

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

TOss Sweep wrote: »

The review and polls are set at the start of the season, and only come into effect a year later.

Last time they were voted on, it was agreed to keep the 3 WRs.

In Exile wrote: »
    The review and polls are set at the start of the season, and only come into effect a year later.

I know I set the polls last year.
    Last time they were voted on, it was agreed to keep the 3 WRs.

Yup and it was a mess in the end with people changing their votes but very close ended up being 2-3 difference between 3 WR and 2 WR & Flex

Ok guys.

15 invites sent out (plus myself), but two GM's have not joined yet.

The team names are different, so anyone who has joined, would you mind posting here with your team name confirming that you have joined.

As soon as we have 16 GM's we can sort out a draft date.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

The Mayo 51ers I have joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Team Name : "The Butler did it" (last year I was "Wilfork for Cash")

I've joined the league.

Finding Geno in.

I was Eric D & Ivory

• Registered Users Posts: 15 exspensivewino

I've joined the league. No change to the team name - Wicklow Redskins

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

I'm in...2 Gurleys 1 cup (Last year was Always Murray in Philly)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Smcglan

I've joined converse nostars

Ok a quick update.

1) Still waiting on 1 more person to join. Hopefully get that sorted soon.
    2) The fixtures will be changed to ensure more in Division Games happen and it closer mirrors the NFL divisions.
    3) The poll for the draft is here: http://doodle.com/poll/gxt6bx2ktf89m8zz
    When you enter a name ensure you use your boards username and not your own name so I know who has voted etc. Click as many options as apply to you. Hopefully the dates and times all fall within the boards charter!

We are 16!

As soon as I have the fixtures I'll set them up in the league and i'll let you all know.

Also edited my last post. The poll is for the draft day and time and not fixtures! I had fixtures on the brain.

6 voters so far, with September 5th at 9:00pm being unanimously in the lead at the moment.

We are 16!

As soon as I have the fixtures I'll set them up in the league and i'll let you all know.

Also edited my last post. The poll is for the draft day and time and not fixtures! I had fixtures on the brain.

6 voters so far, with September 5th at 9:00pm being unanimously in the lead at the moment.

Voted for the latest available times, but as long as it is after 9pm Irish time, it shouldn't too much of a problem for me

Have we a set date yet for the draft? Just need a few days notice to make sure I can work from home

I thought I had replied to this 3 days ago. Sorry.

Today is the last day to vote. Then I'm going with the top option.

If you haven't voted use the doodle link further up the page. If you have voted and need to change, change it now.

It's looking like Monday at 9. However two people who had pucked it jave changed their vote since and 3 more have to vote, so it's still very much up in the air.

Edit: Poll will close at about 7.00, so get your votes in early.

• Advertisement

Ok despite 3 people changing their votes the leading date ended up as Monday the 5th at 9.00pm.

Make sure to log on early to make sure your computer can run the draft client.

My computer made a right balls of it last year and I ended up missing my First draft pick. I ended up with La'Veon Bell who missed the first 4 games with suspension before getting injured soon after coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Draft day, will need to do a lot of research before 9 tonight I think.

Draft day, will need to do a lot of research before 9 tonight I think.

Its seems to have come out of nowhere!
    Hopefully goes off without a hitch.

Has the draft order been decided yet? I'm sure folks wouldn't mind running a mock or two in preparation.

Has the draft order been decided yet? I'm sure folks wouldn't mind running a mock or two in preparation.

****! It's something I didn't even think of. On mobile now so I can't sort that out until I get to my PC. Really sorry guys I didn't even think of that.

I'll hace it sorted by 8ish. Sorry about that.

Draft orders are set by default by NFL.com and done usually 30mins before the draft.

****! It's something I didn't even think of. On mobile now so I can't sort that out until I get to my PC. Really sorry guys I didn't even think of that.

I'll hace it sorted by 8ish. Sorry about that.

No worries man.

Ok we are in Pre Draft mode.

25mins to go time.

Here is the draft order, I promise I didn't change anything.

Dublin G-Men on the clock.

396262.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Best of luck lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Thanks DDC for organising it.

Advertisement