Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

My team has systematically fallen apart week after week. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Started and finished season strong it's just a pity about the middle. Best of luck to those still in Championship bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Good job Gearoid! Apparently week 16 was my turn to collapse, but that's a hell of a rally you pulled off. GG!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 exspensivewino

Raphael wrote:
    Good job Gearoid! Apparently week 16 was my turn to collapse, but that's a hell of a rally you pulled off. GG!

Cheers man. I'll put it down to luck :) .. I was sure my winning streak was going to come to an end in the final.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,

If you want to play fantasy again this season please post in the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057762109

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Could someone post the final standings from last season please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

adrian522 wrote: »
    Could someone post the final standings from last season please?

1st - Wicklow Redskins
    2nd - Roebuck Racial Epithets
    3rd - The Abusement Park
    4th - Longford Crusaders
    5th - 2 Gurley's 1 Cup
    6th - Converse nostars
    7th - Tallaght band
    8th - Portlaoise Patriots
    9th - Dublin D-Men
    10th - Hello Simey
    11th - Foxy Fellows
    12th - The Butler did it
    13th - The Mayo 51ers
    14th - The Monstars
    15th - Kerry Kings
    16th - Finding Geno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

#|Team|Name
    1|Rugby4ever|Agent J
    2|Gronk when your winning|paulie21
    3|South Park Cows|AirDemon
    4|Moorefield Rangers|mooreman09
    5|The Mayo 51ers|Blue Shamrock
    6|The Monstars|Joemcn95
    7|Finding Geno|In Exile
    8|Chancers|McG
    9|9 11was an inside schaub|Moist Bread
    10|Irish Colts|Alfred Borden
    11|KILL Initiative|L.S.F
    12|Forte Year Old Virgins|gerryfed
    13|manafan steelers|manafana
    14|The Coonagh Tunas|Jofspring
    15|The Milltown Massive|sullyos09
    16|El Captain|MoyVilla9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

McG wrote: »
    #|Team|Name
    1|Rugby4ever|Agent J
    6|The Monstars|Joemcn95
    7|Finding Geno|In Exile
    8|Chancers|McG
    11|KILL Initiative|L.S.F
    16|El Captain|MoyVilla9

Cheers McG! I've followed up with the previous GM of division 4 to get admin rights to the league. Once I get that, I'll start contacting people for their email addresses so they can be added to the league. Then we'll create a poll for draft times!

Hopefully we can make it a great year, plenty of interaction and my favourite... trades :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

gerryfed wrote: »
    Cheers McG! I've followed up with the previous GM of division 4 to get admin rights to the league. Once I get that, I'll start contacting people for their email addresses so they can be added to the league. Then we'll create a poll for draft times!

Hopefully we can make it a great year, plenty of interaction and my favourite... trades :D

No problem.

Is the draft order random, if so, when is it set? Immediately before the draft or in advance? Want to get a couple of mock drafts in!

• Advertisement

No problem.

Is the draft order random, if so, when is it set? Immediately before the draft or in advance? Want to get a couple of mock drafts in!

As far as I'm aware and can remember, it's random and you find out when the draft window opens 30 mins before the draft! But I'll confirm that! The actual draft will be 1-2 weeks before the season starts I'd imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looks like I'm in Division 4 this year. First time playing was last year. Really enjoyed it. Beginners luck had a lot to do it. Can't wait to get going again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

up 2 divisions in 3 years, think my highest finish was 6th :D

Looking forward to again this season!

L.S.F wrote: »
    up 2 divisions in 3 years, think my highest finish was 6th :D

Looking forward to again this season!

Sometimes 'Availability is the best Ability' :)

#|Team|Name
    1|Rugby4ever|Agent J
    6|The Monstars|Joemcn95
    7|Finding Geno|In Exile
    8|Chancers|McG
    11|KILL Initiative|L.S.F
    16|El Captain|MoyVilla9

Just checked the site and I was automatically back in div 5, is this new league set up yet? I'll PM league in a few admin and if div 5 comish can kick me out.

Just checked the site and I was automatically back in div 5, is this new league set up yet? I'll PM league in a few admin and if div 5 comish can kick me out.

Yeah you will automatically be added to your old league when it's renewed. Once the new GM of that league gets commish powers, he should be kicking out everyone and adding the new members.

I've been added to Division 4 by the old GM, just waiting for him to transfer admin rights... then I'll start sending out invites!

I've got admin rights now to the league so time to get this all sorted :)

I've sent you all PMs, requesting your email addresses so I can send you invites to join the league. If you guys can try do that ASAP, that'd be greatly appreciated. Once all 16 of us have joined, I'll set up a poll for a draft day/time.

Any questions, give me a shout :)

Well lads... 10 of 16 have now joined. The below 6 either haven't PM'ed me your email address or haven't accepted the league invitation afterwards. If we can all join in the coming days, that'd be great! Then we'll move on to the next step :)

1 Rugby4ever Agent J
    3 South Park Cows AirDemon
    6 The Monstars Joemcn95
    11 KILL Initiative L.S.F
    13 manafan steelers manafana
    16 El Captain MoyVilla9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Sorry folks was away for last week.. All signed up now.

J

Sorry, overlooked the e-mail. In now :)

• Advertisement

All league members have now joined :D

Thanks for the cooperation lads! As per adrian522's instruction (he's the guy who organizes all of the fantasy leagues), I have entered all of the teams and divisions into a spreadsheet he has provided. This then populates the fixtures for the season, putting more emphasize on divisional match ups (just like the NFL itself). I then had the joy of going through all 13 weeks and updating the fixtures, fun times! If someone got a chance and could double check to make sure they match up, that'd be fantastic! Just open the below link and the schedule tab, and check does it all match up!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jcbkpt6e8h_9D6i0Cnj7ATj2_PD_nyXyK0i6m4BQ1H8/edit#gid=788362156

Next step is creating a poll for the draft day and time. Most leagues seem to have their draft a week before the league starts, two weeks max! I will create a doodle poll and post here shortly, if everyone could vote for every day and time that is OK with them, that'd be great. It'll be tough to accommodate all 16 of us, but we'll just have to go by a majority.

Any questions, just post here or drop me a PM.

Cheers gents,
    GerryFed

BOARDS DIVISION 4 DRAFT POLL

https://doodle.com/poll/m7ipaga8zimqrpy2

Please click on the above link and select ALL options that you will be available for. They are all from Thursday Aug 31st to Wednesday September 6th and at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm. This seems to be the best drafting dates/times based on all of the other leagues and from my own experience. Closer to the season, means less pre season injuries! Obviously, I'm open to suggestions! Please shout :)

I'm going to put an end date of midnight on August 27th for the poll. So make sure to vote before then. Again, if people want to draft at an earlier date, post here and we can discuss it. I'm very open myself. Only dates that don't work for me are Aug 25th, Aug 26th and Aug 30th from 10pm (work league draft).

Oh and if you could use your boards username on the poll, it'll be easier to keep track!

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Its bot allowing me to vote!! Was trying to vote for Weds 6th at 9 or 10pm.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Its bot allowing me to vote!! Was trying to vote for Weds 6th at 9 or 10pm.

Hmmm that's odd. I can do it for you I guess. So the only date/time you're available from the 31st-6th is Wed 6th at 9 and 10pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Hmmm that's odd. I can do it for you I guess. So the only date/time you're available from the 31st-6th is Wed 6th at 9 and 10pm?

I'm on holidays until the Sunday morning so could do Sunday eve, Monday or Wednesday!!!

I'd try make it work any day though... I might just be drunk.... :)

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I'm on holidays until the Sunday morning so could do Sunday eve, Monday or Wednesday!!!

I'd try make it work any day though... I might just be drunk.... :)

Sure I'll put you down for 9 + 10 on Mon and Wed. Then we can look into the previous week if that ends up being more popular. Cheers :)

12 out of 16 have responded already, great stuff lads!

The heavy favourite appears to be the night before the 1st game of the season haha! This wouldn't have been my 1st choice personally (a few days to assess the team and throw out trade offers is more my style :P ) but the people want what the people want!

I'll follow up with the people who haven't voted in a few days, make sure everyone has their say!

Cheers!

Draft Date/Time Set!

Wednesday, September 6th, 9PM

Although there is still one more person left to vote, it won't affect the overall result. 10/15 have voted for the above date and time. 2 other people voted for 10pm on Wednesday, September 6th, 10PM... so hopefully those 2 guys will be able to move some stuff around and make the 9PM slot or join late at worse.

Are we all OK with going ahead with this? I understand that doesn't work for 5 people based on their votes, but it's a majority so we'll have to run with it sadly.

Speak now or forever hold your peace :)

Draft Date/Time Set!

Wednesday, September 6th, 9PM

Although there is still one more person left to vote, it won't affect the overall result. 10/15 have voted for the above date and time. 2 other people voted for 10pm on Wednesday, September 6th, 10PM... so hopefully those 2 guys will be able to move some stuff around and make the 9PM slot or join late at worse.

Are we all OK with going ahead with this? I understand that doesn't work for 5 people based on their votes, but it's a majority so we'll have to run with it sadly.

Speak now or forever hold your peace :)

I'm not available wednesday night but might be able to jump on for a couple of rounds on the sly in work. I'm familiar with the NFL site so will set detailed auto draft instructions and have my preference list updated

• Advertisement

I'm not available wednesday night but might be able to jump on for a couple of rounds on the sly in work. I'm familiar with the NFL site so will set detailed auto draft instructions and have my preference list updated

Yeah this is the worst part about 16 team leagues I guess, very hard to get everyone online at the same time :/ Yeah just make sure to set your rankings I guess, and their app should be pretty decent if you can hop on for the early rounds even. Sorry man

Advertisement