Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

I'm just on the way home, should be online shortly after 8, probably be picked first and get a kicker 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 36,099 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well fair play to everyone - good drafting all round.

A yearly reminder of how unenjoyable 16 team drafts are. Really gets pretty ugly as you approach 200 picks! Anyway best of luck to everyone for the season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Sorry to miss this lads. Was coaching GAA 7-8, then playing 9-10. I didn't even do too badly, albeit auto draft got me 3 tight ends.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

MAKE HER WENTZ ASSEMBLES A RUSHING ATTACK
    Draft Grade|Proj Record|Proj Finish
    B|5-8|T8
    Make her Wentz finished with a solid, if unspectacular, draft performance, taking the sixth overall draft slot and building a team capable of making the playoffs. They jumped on ball-carriers early, using three of their first four picks to acquire running backs. At another spot in the lineup, Make her Wentz was able to secure the best trio of wide receivers in the league.

So in other words, I'll be coming 16th and relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

WITH AN ELITE ASSEMBLY OF WIDEOUTS, CROMARTIE KIDS HOPES TO LAND AMONG THE LEAGUE'S ELITE
    Draft Grade Proj Record Proj Finish
    B 7-6 7

DRAFT SUMMARY
    Cromartie Kids finished with a solid, if unspectacular, draft performance, taking the second overall draft slot and putting together a team that may be playoff caliber. They put extra emphasis on wide receivers, using four of their first seven picks to address that position. That early positional investment helped to yield one of the most prolific foursomes of wide receivers in the league.

This is the worst summary ever :o:o I have awful receivers and double dipped at RB for my first 2 picks :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah the NFL predictor always a good laugh!!

They’ve substantially rewritten most everything else over the last year or so...I’d say it’s on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

WITH SOME SPECULATIVE PICKS, THE BIG GRONKOWSKI HOPES TO OUTSMART THE COMPETITION
    Draft Grade Proj Record Proj Finish
    D 3-10 T13

DRAFT SUMMARY
    Picking third in the draft, The Big Gronkowski built a team that hopes to make some noise. They decided that the time for wide receivers was early, using three of their first four picks on that position. Elsewhere on the roster, The Big Gronkowski was able to land a foursome of running backs with the most room for improvement.

Auto Draft didn't fail to disappoint! I adjusted my pre draft rankings before the draft so I at least picked up a few hopefully half decent guys in the earlt rounds.

I'm predicted to go 0-13 in my home league so this is an improvement somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

DESPITE REACHING FOR A FEW EARLY-ROUNDERS, CHECKDOWNHERBERTS SHOULD BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP PICTURE
    Draft Grade
    A
    Proj Record
    11-2
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    Picking 10th overall in the draft, CheckdownHerberts came through with a quality performance that will make it tough on opponents. They aimed for a roster with balance at key positions, adding a quarterback, two running backs, and two wide receivers within the first five rounds. As the draft concluded, CheckdownHerberts secured the highest-scoring tandem of quarterbacks in the league.

If other NFL.com users are right, Lamar Jackson was a steal in the 2nd round (23rd overall pick versus an ADP of 11.9).
    In the 6th round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Jordan Howard was selected at pick number 87 versus an ADP of 115.5 across all NFL.com leagues.
    With 1,076 projected rushing yards (ranking first among QBs), Lamar Jackson has multiple ways to bring in points.

So my team strength is te Hurst, yet its give me a free agent to target and two trade for along with kickers to target in trades or fa, don't remember recap been this funny before

What's the 3 reserve spots, is it new this year or have I forgotten it from last year,

tripperman wrote: »

What's the 3 reserve spots, is it new this year or have I forgotten it from last year,

I think it's usable if a player gets marked on the PUP or IR? expanded to 3 spots this year as there'll be players coming on and off it a lot, I'm not sure though.

Did anyone finish desperate at RB in the end? Jags named my late round flyer James Robinson as their #1 this morning, I don't think he'll be putting up mad numbers but could be a serviceable starter if someone's short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The predictor is hilarious.

I'm going 12-1 apparently :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I won the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 m4gu1r3

I see diontae johnson got -2 points for dropping a punt. Surely that should be on the defence/special teams and not the player, am I wrong?

m4gu1r3 wrote: »
    I see diontae johnson got -2 points for dropping a punt. Surely that should be on the defence/special teams and not the player, am I wrong?

Yeah fumbles count against players irrespective of whether they occur on special teams or not. It has always been this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

I would like to report a robbery. Don't know how I won that match up Lloyd!

That is brutal!

Is it me or is our Waiver Wire a day longer than normal? My requests in my other leagues cleared this morning...

pedatron wrote: »
    I would like to report a robbery. Don't know how I won that match up Lloyd!

Yeah...:(

hots wrote: »
    That is brutal!

Is it me or is our Waiver Wire a day longer than normal? My requests in my other leagues cleared this morning...

Yes the boards leagues process Thursday / Sunday. This is due to the standard settings Adrian has us work off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Started fairly horrendously so I'm sending my roster with the exception of kyler and Jefferson to the shop window ideally looking for a rb to fill a McCaffrey sized hole ;)

Started fairly horrendously so I'm sending my roster with the exception of kyler and Jefferson to the shop window ideally looking for a rb to fill a McCaffrey sized hole ;)

What's your team name? Also trying to do some del boy wheeling and dealing

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    What's your team name? Also trying to do some del boy wheeling and dealing

Boogers brainwaves feel like the name is pretty appropriate right now

Boogers brainwaves feel like the name is pretty appropriate right now

One on the way, doesn't help we're both at the bottom of the barrel for depth :o

Gonna have to turn down the 2 offers on the table if I'm giving up caff I am looking for a bit more of a bell cow back than henderson. The 2nd one makes more analytical sense but I dont feel comfortable giving up the 2 guys I want to keep and I already have taylor so dont want 2 rbs from the same team

16 team leagues are terrible for trading tbh. Nobody has any real depth so it's very difficult to construct mutually beneficial trades that aren't lopsided. We also have a two day waiting period so any Thursday players need to be traded today.

Year in and year out in these boards leagues we see very little trading.

I took a look there but I don't see something that works for both of us I'm afraid!

Gonna have to turn down the 2 offers on the table if I'm giving up caff I am looking for a bit more of a bell cow back than henderson. The 2nd one makes more analytical sense but I dont feel comfortable giving up the 2 guys I want to keep and I already have taylor so dont want 2 rbs from the same team

I had another try there, fantasypros reckons you win it by 2% again but fairly close.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    16 team leagues are terrible for trading tbh. Nobody has any real depth so it's very difficult to construct mutually beneficial trades that aren't lopsided. We also have a two day waiting period so any Thursday players need to be traded today.

Year in and year out in these boards leagues we see very little trading.

I took a look there but I don't see something that works for both of us I'm afraid!

Yeah agreed, unless you have one team overstacked in RB and low at WR and vice versa or something. I had a look at yours there, you're well fixed for starters and stuffed for depth, relatively the opposite of me, and I still couldn't find a trade :o

Well fair play on finding a deal lads. I rather prefer one side than the other, but it still helps both in some way. Good example of how to get a deal done in this landscape.

Lashed out a load of trade offers there, basically if you've got RB depth and not much at WR I'm coming with a bounty of WR2s...

I feel like I called it on draft night that the panthers would break caff this year and it looks like my nightmare is coming through.

On a separate note the league is seriously bunched this year all to play for between 3rd and 13th

• Advertisement

I feel like I called it on draft night that the panthers would break caff this year and it looks like my nightmare is coming through.

On a separate note the league is seriously bunched this year all to play for between 3rd and 13th

yeah the wildcard spots are very very tight.

CMc is basically the entire Panther gameplan, I don't think there's another team as dependent on one player?

Advertisement