Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mental note for next year: draft running backs early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

keano_afc wrote: »
    Mental note for next year: draft running backs early.

and often, the amount of the early drafted RBs that went down was brutal. In PPR1 there's a lot more WR depth to be found imo.

hots wrote: »
    and often, the amount of the early drafted RBs that went down was brutal. In PPR1 there's a lot more WR depth to be found imo.

I've had the 3 RBs I drafted out injured for the last 3 weeks. There's nothing on the waiver, I got lucky to grab Ballage and Hall this week. Hopefully Mixon is back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I inexplicably dropped Big Ben for Baker this week. I deserve to lose, but it looks like I could hang on if Dalvin Cook does his thing tonight.

Basically my season has been salvaged by having Cook and RoJo. There is so much luck in this game as an injury to Cook and I would have a Jets-like record.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I've had the 3 RBs I drafted out injured for the last 3 weeks. There's nothing on the waiver, I got lucky to grab Ballage and Hall this week. Hopefully Mixon is back next week.

I went Barkley > Gurley in 1 & 2 and then stacked up on WRs & QB until round 8 because I thought I'd be sorted at RB for the year. I've been very lucky with Robinson at the Jags becoming my bell cow and then getting enough from Hines/Scott/McKissic to get by on RB2 each week. Robinson in the 14th was my pick of the draft by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 m4gu1r3

I think we potentially have a NFC East scenario in Division 2. As far as I can tell, I'm still in with a shout of the playoffs at 5-7. Although I need a massive favour from The Wildcats and I have to beat the commish!!!

Interesting stuff if my calculations are correct.

Having said that, it also looks like I could still be relegated...funny old game!

4 playoff spots locked in, and 8 teams fighting for the last 2 spots!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,023 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very interesting conclusion on the year!!
    The points for as tiebreaker rule really comes into its own now as we can see and understand how much we need to win by to squeeze others out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

With the big Gronkowski having his division wrapped up I think the smart decision would be to rest all his big stars in preparation for the playoffs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭pedatron

With the big Gronkowski having his division wrapped up I think the smart decision would be to rest all his big stars in preparation for the playoffs :D

Thanks for the tip. It'll be taken into consideration! :P

m4gu1r3 wrote: »
    I think we potentially have a NFC East scenario in Division 2. As far as I can tell, I'm still in with a shout of the playoffs at 5-7. Although I need a massive favour from The Wildcats and I have to beat the commish!!!

Interesting stuff if my calculations are correct.

Hard luck man, great effort on the week - 137 points normally gets it done but my lads were on fire!

Best of luck to everyone who made the playoffs and gg to those missing out.

6 points I missed out by. Thanks nick chubb for stepping out at the 1 against philly in week 11

The last wildcard slot is so close! Three-way tie and all from the same division by my count.

6 points I missed out by. Thanks nick chubb for stepping out at the 1 against philly in week 11

I thought you got it? The table hasn't been updated for week 13 yet.

Sh*t my bad I did get it when I checked it this morning it had me in the consolation bracket but has updated now

Can someone please explain tiebreaker rules to me? My team (White Star Rovers) has the second highest points total of the 7-6 teams, yet I missed the 6 seed.

All the division winners go through first and then two best losers, me on 8-5 and then the best 7-6 which was Boogers Brainwaves, decided by 8 points. Very unlucky with Green getting nothing for you and a few points on the bench.

Ah that is okay. Didn't realise the division winners thing, which although seemingly unfair is the same for everyone at the start of the season. I could just as easily have landed a soft division. It is just weird to see you are 5 seed before winning against a direct rival on the last week, and then find out you missed the playoffs.

Basically I rode Dalvin Cook and little else all season, so I can't claim any credit as I got him by auto draft.

If I had played Big Ben ahead of Matty Ice, I would have missed out by 1 point, and really been sick as a dog. 7 points is close but not too painful. I benefitted enough from luck all season.

7th overall again for the second year running. So near yet so far.

• Advertisement

Yeah the division winner thing is arguably unfair but it took a long time to get points for accepted as a tiebreaker, which is an improvement on where we were.

Ah no, not complaining. Rules were set before the season. It is not as if I smashed it this year. 7-6.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hard luck man, great effort on the week - 137 points normally gets it done but my lads were on fire!

Best of luck to everyone who made the playoffs and gg to those missing out.

Absolutely gutted!!! But my players did themselves proud. They earned their contract extensions for next season

Starting the playoffs with a small hospital on the bench and running a 2TE team for the first time all year... should go well.

hots wrote: »
    Starting the playoffs with a small hospital on the bench and running a 2TE team for the first time all year... should go well.

...it did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭pedatron

It was a push for me to win my matchup last night but by god the Steelers D and Juju let me down big time. They are turning into one of the worst 11-0 teams ever. To be fair, only for Hurts I wouldn’t have been near it. Well done Glenavy Heifers and best of luck in the final. Happy enough with my season overall. I was competitive at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

I went to bed last night assuming you had it, amazed at the points this morning. Good battle.

I don't think I've ever won a fantasy superbowl so this week is pretty exciting. Best of luck to Johnnie, should be a great final.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sign up for 2021 is now open, please post in the below thread by August Bank Holiday if you want to play again this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058198174

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Hi all, I'm gonna be GM of Division 4 this year. Seeing as there is 7 of us from Division 5 last season in Div 4 this year I have just renewed last seasons Div 5 and removed any of the teams not in div 4 this year. I will send an invite via PM to the others in the list below. Please try and keep your team name the same as what is below as it makes life easier for linking teams to their boards name - thanks. Any questions can be addressed here or via PM. In the coming days I will set up some polls to determine draft date / time.

Div4 1 white star rovers D9Male

Div4 2 checkdownherberts Tripperman

Div4 3 green egglemans and cam m4gu1r3

Div4 4 springfield atoms BarryC21

Div4 5 Toronto Tigers Jackwigan

Div4 6 Freak Party Hoki

Div4 7 Orange Organics Brenty

Div4 8 Hey Darnold Sean0106

Div4 9 the wildcats Frisbee

Div4 10 Make her Wentz johnmcdnl

Div4 11 Bears For Sam Thomond2006

Div4 12 Carlow Chiefs Mayo Salmon