Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 5 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

I'd feel a lot more confident in my team to push on in Div 2 if my QB would just start performing. Should've bit the bullet a couple of weeks back and ditched Ryan, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it 4 div winners promoted or 4 overall?

4 teams that make league semi-finals get promoted.

Playoffs as they stand are strange, somehow I'm getting in as the 6-seed due to whatever tiebreakers are used. Doesn't seem too fair as 3 of the other 5-4 teams have scored more points than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

4 teams that make league semi-finals get promoted.

Playoffs as they stand are strange, somehow I'm getting in as the 6-seed due to whatever tiebreakers are used. Doesn't seem too fair as 3 of the other 5-4 teams have scored more points than me.

head to head, division, points afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

4 div winners and next 2 highest record teams make it through.
    Best 2 div winners get a bye (automatic promotion) and other 4 have to play the wildcard for the other 2 semi final spots.

BizzyC wrote: »
    4 div winners and next 2 highest record teams make it through.
    Best 2 div winners get a bye (automatic promotion) and other 4 have to play the wildcard for the other 2 semi final spots.

Hopefully I can limp over the line :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

head to head, division, points afaik

yep, thats what it is.

I think its rather unfair, but thems the rules. Last year I had a 0-5 start only to roar back and nearly make playoffs, was done on the head to head even though I had far greater scores.

Completely forgot to put boykin in. Sickener. To make it worse didn't cop that I could have added robinson for the late game until they were nearly over. Have to settle for underwood. Better than an empty spot but sure we'll see.

Important game at the top of Division 3, and somehow Cutlering the Mustard leaves Aaron Rodgers in his team with a QB on the bench... and still wins!

Can't believe I dropped the rams d this week. Really thought the Colts would put up a score!

• Advertisement

Div 2 is going to have an interesting finish...

I'm likely to lose this week while everyone else will win, leaving 3 teams at 7-4, and the other at 6-5.

It might all come down to head to head results..
    I've beaten Blacque Power giving me the edge in that tie-break
    Blacque Power play Big Game Bottlers next week
    I play Big Game Bottlers in the final week...

What would happen in a scenario where all three teams finish on 8-5, with Wont come last beating Blacque Power, Blacque Power beating Big Game Bottlers and Big Game Bottlers beating Wont Come Last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Not sure. It could be record vs common opponents? Or points scored?

Div 1 is tightening up too. It looks like 2 6-5 teams and 1 5-6 team. As the 5-6 team, not holding any tiebreakers, I think I'm out of playoff contention unfortunately.

Edit: looks like I did beat Forte Year Old Virgin, so I may still have a shot.

Suddenly have too much depth at RB, so open to a trade.

Available: Ryan Mathews, Chris Ivory, Ben Tate, Bobby Rainey

Would do a 2-for-1 to upgrade at RB
    Possibly do a 2-for-1 to upgrade another position (Tom Brady, Golden Tate, Cecil Shorts, Jordan Cameron).

Trade deadline this Friday, so anyone interested hit me up ASAP

barring 33 points for pierre garcon, I go 8-4.

incredible really, 8-4 going into the last game is still not enough. It doesnt help that the two other teams in the division played against teams with inactives all over it.

I play another division rival in the final game aswell.

crazy stuff.

barring 33 points for pierre garcon, I go 8-4.

incredible really, 8-4 going into the last game is still not enough. It doesnt help that the two other teams in the division played against teams with inactives all over it.

I play another division rival in the final game aswell.

crazy stuff.

Luck of the draw :(

moving to 9-3 myself. That should hopefully guarantee a first seed and second successive promotion and regular season championship. Just to remind everyone I was given a second last projection at the start of the season :p

Luck of the draw :(

moving to 9-3 myself. That should hopefully guarantee a first seed and second successive promotion and regular season championship. Just to remind everyone I was given a second last projection at the start of the season :p

certainly is. I could yet grab one of those top two seeds yet! It was shaun suishams foot that cost me the win against you the week I played you. He missed no kicks in 7 games and then missed two inside 35 yard :rolleyes:

generally everyone in the top 8 is promoted anyways (due to inactives and dropouts), the only thing that matters is the trophy at the end of the season.

• Advertisement

certainly is. I could yet grab one of those top two seeds yet! It was shaun suishams foot that cost me the win against you the week I played you. He missed no kicks in 7 games and then missed two inside 35 yard :rolleyes:

generally everyone in the top 8 is promoted anyways (due to inactives and dropouts), the only thing that matters is the trophy at the end of the season.

Didn't he have a shocking start to the season as well.. ya, don't think my team is good enough to win it outright but happy enough with the league trophy again if I can hold out.

Playoff spots getting very close now.

Div 2 should have 2 8-4 teams, 2 7-5 teams after this week, while Div 3 will have 3 8-4 teams....

If I can hold out against Big Game Bottlers next week I'll keep the top spot in Div 2 due to the head to head tie break.

There may be 3 9-4 teams for the remaining 2 playoff spots..

remarkable stuff alright. Its all comes down to the wire. Guaranteed that I finish one spot outside the playoffs.

Good luck all! apart from you winbydefault, I hope you SUCK

I've tempted fate now.... Dawson is going to kick for 22 points tonight and leave me behind the pack....

remarkably, still at 8-4, still not in the playoffs. even more incredibly, Its still out of my hands. Even if I win, if all the other teams win, I'm still not in the playoffs.

• Advertisement

So we have come to a situation where we can have 6 teams finish on a 9-4 record. We will all have beaten and lost to a couple of teams out of those 6 so I assume if this is the situation it will go on divisional record as there will be no one, probably, who will have beaten all 6 without loosing to another? Also only 5 of these will be advancing as the winner of div 1 will be in playoffs

was going to do a what if for the playoffs but it appears that won't come last will have only played 2 div games. I can't see a game week where he plays winbydefault. Can someone double check this as I'm checking on the phone and also which gameweek it took place.

Correct, I didn't play WinByDefault.
    If they win and Bottlers win this week, I have no idea how the div will finish up.

Div 1 has turned into the NFC east.
    Whoever gets to the playoffs will have a 7-6 record while there'll be a few teams with better records who miss out.

Correct, I didn't play WinByDefault.
    If they win and Bottlers win this week, I have no idea how the div will finish up.

The schedule makes it a pretty exciting end to the divisional match-ups. I think if the scenario you said occurs, then it'll go to a points scored between me (WinByDefault) and Won't Come Last as all teams will be on 8-5 and I have a head-to-head win over Bottlers from back in Week 6

Going to be a tight finish. Only a few points making the difference in the projections for both matchups.

crazy!! after the thanksgiving games are are 6 people projected to be 9-4 or very close to it. Should it happen Aille Cows, Wont Come last and Cuttlering the Mustard will go through as division winners. One of the remaining 3 will lose out on a place to the winner of division one who will automatically go through, which looks like Blaque power. Wether its on h2h or div record I don't know (they play win by default which could alter that standing as i think it will give them a 2-1 div record).

Forte year old virgin is projected to lose to 0-12 Waterford wolves which if Super Troopers manage to get a win against Infacte Indians will cost them their playoff spot

Reggie Bush's big day has me nervous...
    I reckon if I lose this week I'll be out of the playoffs.

It'll be interesting finish though...could have all 4 div2 teams on 8-5 records after this week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

I was complaining about the division system last year, because the matchups aren't arranged so we play people in the division more, but it turns out I'm in the division that benefits from that this year.

It's looking like a possibility that the winner of Div 1 will have a 6-7 record, but will get in ahead of someone with a 8-5 or 9-4 record. Doesn't seem fair tbh, but what can you do?

ERIC DECKER IS KING

ERIC DECKER IS KING

Absolutely gutted. Between Peterson getting some extra OT play and Decker just tearing it up, I can't imagine I'm going to get a W this time!

yay looks like I'm going to be regular season champion for the second season running. Happy out.

Now to do the job in the post season ;)

• Advertisement

well done.....I need russell wilson to get 8 points and the seattle defense to get 2 points to scrape into the playoffs on 9-4 (i think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

well done.....I need russell wilson to get 8 points and the seattle defense to get 2 points to scrape into the playoffs on 9-4 (i think).

Never mind your playoff ambitions, I need my Seahawks defence to get 1.07 points to break this five game losing streak. :pac:

I was 6-1 and top of the tables at one stage :(
    Sadly Forte Year Old Virgin has previously beaten me so unless the Saints heavy Waterford Wolves can get something going I'm out.

There is a slight chance :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Never mind your playoff ambitions, I need my Seahawks defence to get 1.07 points to break this five game losing streak.

And that will knock me out of the playoffs position for the first time in 7 weeks!
    TBF, I've scored the second least amount of points in the league, I just got really, really lucky with the schedule!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Never mind your playoff ambitions, I need my Seahawks defence to get 1.07 points to break this five game losing streak. :pac:

I was 6-1 and top of the tables at one stage :(
    Sadly Forte Year Old Virgin has previously beaten me so unless the Saints heavy Waterford Wolves can get something going I'm out.

There is a slight chance :P

Will be some Craic if I lose to an 0-12 team to miss out on the playoffs. Left 37pts on the bench this weekend so while I don't think I deserve a playoff spot I'll gladly take it! As it stands Waterford Wolves have Brees, Thomas, Colston and Mooore and need 51.95 to get their first W of the season. Tough ask in Seattle but certainly not out of the question either.

scraped into the playoffs...........phew.

Allie Cows and Cutlering the Mustard gain byes into the Semis and automatic promotion.

Blacque Power goes up against Wont come last (in a renewal of the divisional rivalry) and Forty Year old virgin goes up against The Islanders, who are on a very hot streak with 8 wins in a row.

Remember the consolation rounds......its not over yet. Last year, due to inactives, I think 11 teams were promoted to Division 4, so its very possible, if you finish well that you might get promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Missed out on the playoffs by 1, having lost 4 of my last 5 games. But I've got top seed, and a bye, in the consolation round!

Going to be a tight playoff week, any of the 4 teams could progress...

Looking at the players and matchups though, I think I'll lose this one.

Going to be a tight playoff week, any of the 4 teams could progress...

Looking at the players and matchups though, I think I'll lose this one.

my matchups always look pretty good! with peterson/lacy & d.thomas/decker, you always have a chance! TE has been my weakness all season long, so maybe G.Graham can pull it out at home to JAX!

That said, Cam and Jimmy Graham can bury teams, so its going to be really really tight. And they play early Monday morning, when my team are already done. So you'll know what you need to do whilst I wake up on Monday morning hoping they didnt do it!

Either way, best of luck!

Didn't consider the possibility of snow this week.
    All of my receivers are playing in heavy snow that has completely shut down the passing games.

I reckon I'll be lucky to break 50 points this week.
    Calling this one early, well done Johnny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

I'm throwing in the towel as well. My Forte Year old virgin was fortunate to be in the playoffs anyway. I need the fantasy equivalent of a couple of onside kicks at this stage I'm away to bed. Good luck to Whoever owns "The Islanders" for the rest of the playoffs.

Good luck to Whoever owns "The Islanders" for the rest of the playoffs.

Thanks man.
    I'm assuming the Cowboys defense doesn't go for 30 points tonight

Well done to
    Allie Cows
    Cutlering the Mustard
    and Blacque Power (ahem) for being promoted.

The Islanders look like they will make up the quartet of promoted teams.

The Islanders and Blacque Power on hot win streaks with 9 and 6 games in a row respectively.

Its looking like Allie Cows vs The Islanders and Blacque Power vs Cutlering the Mustard for the championship game.

Remember there is consolation rounds, so you are playing for final positions. Still plenty of opportunity to be promoted with inactives in the leagues above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Remember there is consolation rounds, so you are playing for final positions. Still plenty of opportunity to be promoted with inactives in the leagues above.

Sorry for my confusion with this, but is promotion and relegation not done on the basis of standings at end of regular season?
    9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season.

i.e. play-offs only count for who will become champion?

no, its the final standings after playoffs

no, its the final standings after playoffs

Okay, thanks. Sorry for my confusion on this but how are the final standings after the play-offs calculated?

Should everyone have games left? I'm on the app at the moment so might not be able to view some stuff but it looks like my season is over i.e. no games/opponents showing for weeks 14/15/16.

• Advertisement

What team r u?

What team r u?

I'm in Division 4 but will be moving down shortly :D

Is it only teams that finished in the top 6 that still have games?

no there is a consolation bracket too. Whoever wins the consolation bracket finishes 6th from bottom, runner up 5th from bottom and so on. if you are 6th or 5th last in regular season u have a bye week this week. if u get to final, drop outs above you should save you ;)

no there is a consolation bracket too. Whoever wins the consolation bracket finishes 6th from bottom, runner up 5th from bottom and so on. if you are 6th or 5th last in regular season u have a bye week this week. if u get to final, drop outs above you should save you ;)

Ah, I see! Thank you!

Tristram wrote: »
    Ah, I see! Thank you!

no consolation bracket though if you finish 13th or lower.

• Advertisement
Advertisement