Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 5 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

We are all set to go for the live draft tomorrow night (Wednesday 9th) at 9pm. The draft order will be randomly set half an hour beforehand and the draft will be the usual snake format. 90 seconds per pick.

Just to clarify as directed in the changes/decision making thread we are now keeping the 3 WR's format and no FLEX position this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Unfortunately for me I'm working tomorrow night so might miss a couple of rounds. :(

Have my Pre-Draft Rankings set and will try and draft from my phone if im not too busy, so hopefully all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aferru

I should have kept it quiet and do a master draft while all the others in autodraft, like that episode in The League.... :-)

Best of luck all for draft day tomorrow and for the season!

Very quiet in here today. You all must be busy planning your draft strategies. 1st round - Kicker 2nd round - Defence... etc etc ;-)
    Hope the draft goes well for everyone tonight and I hope also I don't balls it up. See you online later!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm all set now. Have done a few mock drafts but at the end of the day all planning goes out of the window after about 5 picks! Good luck everyone. :)

10th pick, a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place there with that!

Everything looks good to go. Hopefully everybody can login without any issues. Portlaoise Patriots get 1st pick. Use it wisely dude!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Woop, 3rd pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Is this working?

Timer got to 0:00 and nothing for me?
    EDIT: Working alright, just had to refresh. Luckily had my draft lineup set up, and didn't land with Arian Foster or someone.

The draft went nice and smoothly so well done everybody...so now we get down to the serious stuff. Good luck to all.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed that lads, cheers.

I'm quite happy with my lot. Only mistake/annoyance was not realising the Jets D were available as I had them marked down but didn't see them on the list and went with my 2nd choice, only to see the Jets go a short time later. Funnily enough my opponent this week has the Jets D, wait and see them be the winning of our match now! The joys of fantasy football, eh? :pac:

a2fedc198230e27cbee128f35f4a4104.png

See you on the battlefield lads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Good luck all. Keep the trading blocks up to date.

Thanks to setanta for all the organizing so far. took time to sort out the fixtures I'd say.

So NFL.com reckons I'll finish 3-10 with a 16.8% chance of making the playoffs. Guess I'll just give up now. Projections eh?..the bane of the fantasy player!

They predict I'll finish 15th which is where they predicted I'd finish last season when I won it! Let's hope history repeats. Need to land another Beckham jnr on the waivers for that to happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Double G Brew

Gronk had a big night!! Seems to have taken a few TD's away from Edelman!

Mathematically won this week despite two players yet to play for me. And none for my opponent.
    I'm gonna crash this league like a grape!
    You hear it here first... :D

• Advertisement

Surprisingly 1-0 for the Kerry Kings.

All my gambles paid off.

James Jones, Sefarian Jenkins and Woodhead all came up trumps and covered for Bell's suspension.

aferru wrote: »
    Mathematically won this week despite two players yet to play for me. And none for my opponent.
    I'm gonna crash this league like a grape!
    You hear it here first... :D

Thats a new one for me..crash like a grape? :)

Carlos Hyde 30pts...ah here..like WTF???..well done Wilfork..pulled that one out of the fire.

setanta74 wrote:
    Carlos Hyde 30pts...ah here..like WTF???..well done Wilfork..pulled that one out of the fire.

I went to bed Sunday feeling pretty sick, cursing my team, full sure I was beaten but Hyde had a freak week. Hopefully he can continue in this form and not be a Jekyll and Hyde performer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Surprisingly 1-0 for the Kerry Kings.

All my gambles paid off.

James Jones, Sefarian Jenkins and Woodhead all came up trumps and covered for Bell's suspension.

Haha i was fuming - only two things winston did last week was to ASJ - delighted having kelce doing well only to see ASJ go nuts haha

As a packers fan i was cheering on jones.... and then noticed he was on your team - bittersweet in the end! Good game tho

I'm behind 30 points before MNF.
    My selected players will cover the gap and win against my opponent.
    Mark my words.

• Advertisement

I'm behind 30 points before MNF.
    My selected players will cover the gap and win against my opponent.
    Mark my words.

Is that me you are against? Decker and Gore needing 30pts?

Well the good news is I was in the same position last Monday night but a running back put up 30 fantasy points on me so your chances are good.

A quiet night from Fleener should be enough to see me get the win.

I need Vinatieri to get less than 5.56 points tonight to get the win against Roebuck. Not much hope really. Another week of getting nothing from my 1st round pick C.J. Anderson has killed me. The sooner Arian Foster is back, the better.

Tony Romo gone for most of the season... not good news.

Grabbed Teddy Bridgewater early enough as backup, so fingers crossed that works out.

Won this week with a measly 71 points. V. Lucky.

6 points from Vinatieri and I can avoid going 0-2. You owe me this for putting up SFA last week, you prick!

setanta74 wrote: »
    Is that me you are against? Decker and Gore needing 30pts?

Well the good news is I was in the same position last Monday night but a running back put up 30 fantasy points on me so your chances are good.

My players know what to do tonight. Of course I won't disclose any strategy/play here.

Paully D wrote: »
    I need Vinatieri to get less than 5.56 points tonight to get the win against Roebuck. Not much hope really. Another week of getting nothing from my 1st round pick C.J. Anderson has killed me. The sooner Arian Foster is back, the better.

Congrats. I need a new kicker...

Raphael wrote: »
    Congrats. I need a new kicker...

Unbelievable that mate. I thought I was still half asleep when I woke and logged into fantasy football. I was extremely lucky to be honest. Lacy going off after racking up 9 yards a real saving grace.

I ended up staying up for the first half so saw the whole ****show unfold. Colts are having a bad year...

In other news, I grabbed Janikowski off the waiver wire. At least I can predict his bad weeks, and when he's good he's great.

I ended up staying up for the first half so saw the whole ****show unfold. Colts are having a bad year...

In other news, I grabbed Janikowski off the waiver wire. At least I can predict his bad weeks, and when he's good he's great.

yeah but he's a Raider. :P

• Advertisement

To protect the integrity of the league I am relying on guys to be honest about Inactive players. Let me know if you spot any. I try and monitor it and have noticed one possible with a team which I hope improves this weekend. Pretty much everyone has been on the ball so far. Keep it up!!

Beat The Monstars this week (85 v 78, I still have Cobb to play) to move to 2-1.

I'm going to say it now after only 3 weeks, but C.J. Anderson is a massive bust. When I think of the players I could have actually taken at that spot. :o

Is there anything worse in fantasy football than a first round bust? At least if players get injured, suspended etc you know you're getting nothing from them. With the first rounder he's very, very hard to drop and you think "this will be the week" but then......

yeah but he's a Raider. :P
    That just means more long field goal opportunities when they can't close!

Got my ass handed to me this week.

With Romo out, I had faith in Teddy B to bring home the bacon for me but he stuttered to make just over 2 points, with an INT and no TD's.

Buc's D was always going to be a big risk, and they were inches away from a Fumble Return for a TD, but the bollox dropped it and Texans recovered.

Still got pretty pounded irrespective of how James Jones plays tonight. TBH hope he's shíte and saves his mojo for some other week when I have a chance.

Ya you got screwed by the cards d and Joseph Randell didn't expect that out of them myself to be honest

I need a quite night from Jaamal Charles if I am to get the victory. Not that I deserve it, I have been Fantasy Football kryptonite this week. No rushing or receiving TD's from my team this week but 3 players with TD's on my bench. I picked up two players on waivers this week and neither got a TD but BOTH players I dropped did get TD's! Awful week but still could win if Charles gets less than 13.5 points which he hasn't done this season.

DBIreland wrote: »
    I need a quite night from Jaamal Charles if I am to get the victory. Not that I deserve it, I have been Fantasy Football kryptonite this week. No rushing or receiving TD's from my team this week but 3 players with TD's on my bench. I picked up two players on waivers this week and neither got a TD but BOTH players I dropped did get TD's! Awful week but still could win if Charles gets less than 13.5 points which he hasn't done this season.

I need a great night from Jaamal Charles...13.5 points, at least, will do!

I need a great night from Jaamal Charles...13.5 points, at least, will do!

At some point KC will need to get their WR's scoring, hopefully tonight is the night.
    If Charles gets a TD he will go over the 13.5 you need.
    Either way a pretty low score is going to win our game.

Ya you got screwed by the cards d and Joseph Randell didn't expect that out of them myself to be honest

Between them they nearly outscored my whole team.

Randall was a sweet pick.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Between them they nearly outscored my whole team.

Randall was a sweet pick.

You have no idea how much it hurt to have two Cowboys on my team

At some point KC will need to get their WR's scoring, hopefully tonight is the night.
    If Charles gets a TD he will go over the 13.5 you need.
    Either way a pretty low score is going to win our game.

I guess 26.20 point will do... In another league I had both Charles AND Cobb... It was my revenge for the defeat you handed me last year! :D

Ok so Big Ben is out for 6 weeks. I have no backup QB. Any kind soul out there interested in trading their backup QB to me?

On the block are :

WR's - Terence Williams / Torrey Smith
    RB's - Doug Martin / James Starks
    TE's - Tyler Eifert / Antonio Gates

The QB would have to decent enough for Eifert or Gates.

I guess 26.20 point will do... In another league I had both Charles AND Cobb... It was my revenge for the defeat you handed me last year! :D

I knew 13 points would not be enough against Charles. I defeated you last season? I don't remember that. Ah well, 1-1 and I think we are due to meet again in week 13.

I knew 13 points would not be enough against Charles. I defeated you last season? I don't remember that. Ah well, 1-1 and I think we are due to meet again in week 13.

You did! It was last year regular season game, the winner was going into the playoffs.
    Needless to say you went on to win the full thing, while my team simple crushed with no recover... Basically after the clash we went into the opposite direction

Ok so Big Ben is out for 6 weeks. I have no backup QB. Any kind soul out there interested in trading their backup QB to me?

On the block are :

WR's - Terence Williams / Torrey Smith
    RB's - Doug Martin / James Starks
    TE's - Tyler Eifert / Antonio Gates

The QB would have to decent enough for Eifert or Gates.

I feel I might regret that, but what the hell

• Advertisement

I feel I might regret that, but what the hell

I owe you one. That will get me out of a serious hole. I am going to feel really bad though if Dalton is the difference in our game this weekend.

I owe you one. That will get me out of a serious hole. I am going to feel really bad though if Dalton is the difference in our game this weekend.

I'll remember you said that if anything happens to Lacy ;)

Going to give a (very) limited Foster the start over Anderson today. I've given up on C.J. completely now unless he proves otherwise.

Paully D wrote: »
    Going to give a (very) limited Foster the start over Anderson today. I've given up on C.J. completely now unless he proves otherwise.

Foster returns 1.50 points while Anderson gets 7. Oh well. I had to take a chance really. Even 7 points from a 1st rounder is awful to be honest. The RB's I drafted early (rounds 1 and 3) are killing me.

Anyone else frustrated with one of their early picks or the opposite even - any gems that you're delighted with you've snagged in later rounds?

Lads, Carson Palmer for sale.
    He did his duty covering on bye week, is doing great so far, and give me 18 points against the tough Rams defense last night... Willing to trade for a top/good RB or WR or a serviceable RB/WR combo.
    Anyone interested?

• Advertisement
Advertisement