Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I've got:
    Vick at QB - top 5 QB, still hasnt rushed for a td this year, but consistently strong and Eagles are starting to roll.
    Tbh he's still the best in the league fantasy-wise, and he surely has a massive game in him.
    RB - Beanie Wells - knee injury problems, but had a 14 point game vs the ravens last week.
    Torain - with the terrible redskins, so not much upside there.
    Knowshon Moreno, no upside here apart from the fact that he's a no.2. could possibly have a breakout week with his speed, but haven't seen signs of it.
    picked up Lumpkin last week if Blount is still out injured.
    Wells is a guy you can start every week, so you're sorted at RB 1. However RB 2 is not a great situation, Lumpkin has little upside and neither does Moreno, you're hopes in this position rest upon whether the Redskins can get their line in order and stay ahead/just behind on Sunday. They need to start running to win, and hopefully Shanahan realises this.
    WR - Marques Colston - one of the best around on his day. Is seeing team high targets and is a consistent no.1 performer when fit.
    You said it, consistent no.1.
    Pierre Garcon - even in spite of curtis painter he is still seeing team high targets. Solid performer. 8th in NFL
    He's one Colts player who hasn't been hit that badly by Curtis Painter being the starter. Painter seems to like him, top notch number 2.

TE - Owen daniels - gets plenty of targets but rarely gets that elusive TD. Disappointed with him, but hes seventh ranked in the NFL.
    Shiancoe as a backup.
    I'd say the emergence of Dreessen hasn't helped Daniels one bit, but as you say he's ranked 7th so no need to be annoyed.
    DEF - Giants D - sack like crazy but give up points....they'll do fine for the rest of the season.
    That's the Giants for you, I drafted them for the pass rush (they have an incredible number of pass rushers) but was disappointed by the lack of production elsewhere.
    So, its an ok team. Feel there is a big week in there somewhere. My trade of Newton for Wells looks like it could backfire, but no use having two unbelievable QB's.
    Newton for Wells worked out well for both of us, no doubt.

Fun fact: Only 3 of the players I drafted are still with my team. And only one of them is a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'm kicking myself for drafting Charles instead of McCoy, he was my second choice, though admittedly by some distance. He's obviously brilliant, though I would seek to get a better number 2. Jonathan Stewart and Donald Brown won't win you any games.

Yea I think I tried to get Charles off you at the start of the season. Bit of a hit and hope but 3 days later he got injured so I dodged a bullet.

As for Stewart he's had a decent few weeks to be fair. In weeks 6 and 7 he pulled in one TD in each and got 13 points each week. It's not too bad. If he kept them stats up I'd be very happy.
    You really ought to drop Roy Williams. The Bears are extremely unreliable and in general it's best to stay away from their WRs because there are 4 guys who seem to alternate as being Cutler's favourite target, and they all have to compete with Matt Forte.

I will be dropping Williams. I'm working on another replacement so he won't be there for too long more if I can get that done.
    Mason Crosby brings back some bad memories of losing to you by 11, and him scoring 11 more than my kicker.

Ha ha yea I'd forgotten about that. I think he got 3 30-39 field goals and one 50+. If it hadn't been for them I'd be down a good bit in the rankings.
    I asked this question a while back and got no answer: Who are the top 4 that get promoted? Is it last 4 in the playoffs, or top 4 in the table?

I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

Fun fact: Only 3 of the players I drafted are still with my team. And only one of them is a starter.

Wow. I've 10 of mine left. The only ones I let go were Steve Breaston, Thomas Jones and Ronnie Brown. Think I made the right call with all of them bar one week where Breaston got two TDs. But I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Just wondering what everyone's best and worst draft picks were.

Best - Fred Jackson in the 4th round.
    honourable mentions to Stafford in the 6th

worst - Vincent Jackson in the 2nd.
    dishonourable mention to Gates in the 3rd
    Chargers are a big disappointment although Gates is starting to show signs of life

Best Waiver pick up - Victor Cruz in week 4
    honourable mentions to Lions defence last week 29 points!

• Advertisement

Best
    Brees - round 3
    McCoy - round 1
    Gronkowski - round 10
    Crosby - round 8 (solely for the fact he won me a game all on his own one week)

Worst
    Roddy White - round 2
    Brandon Marshall - round 4

Waiver wire
    I've only really gone into it this week. I got Scobee for the bye last week and he did nothing. Same with a few others over the season. I'll be hoping one of Jon Baldwin, Avant or Law Firm is a good pick.

Best-
    2nd round-Calvin Johnson, best fantasy WR this year, and in the second round, what a steal
    3rd round-Beanie Wells, he's not with the team because I traded him for Cam Newton but he was great value
    4th round- Steve Johnson, another great fantasy WR, again not with team because I traded him for Marshawn Lynch (He's only started one game while with my team, but so far it's a bad trade)

Worst-
    1st round- Jamaal Charles, he's a brilliant player but out for the season, that really hurts when you use the 6th pick of the draft on him
    6th round- Lee Evans, I know it's only the 6th round but come on, I need SOMETHING for a draft pick. In hindsight it was a very dumb pick with Graham, Stafford and Green still on the board. If only I rated the Bengals back then.
    9th/10th round- David Garrard and Donovan McNabb, I found out the hard way that McNabb is done and some idiot of a coach decided that Garrard wasn't worthy of his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Steve SMith in the 6th Round has done very well for me, rest of my top 5 have all played well.

Alot of dropping players from round nine down. Have no player still on my team that i drafter from round 9-13. Rest are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Best:
    5th Round - Matt Schaub - 18 to 20 points guaranteed per week. No mega-games but very consistent and will get better when Johnson is back.
    10th Round - Jordy Nelson - I had him in my sights pre-draft and was delighted to get him. Won me one (of my two!) games on his own.

Worst:
    Where to start!
    2nd Round - LeGarrett Blount - was sharing carries before he got injured. Been looking for a decent RB all season, but they are in short supply.
    4th Round - Percy Harvin - My God, McNabb is s*it..he killed Harvin
    7th Round - Kellen Winslow - incapable scoring more than 3 points per game.

I still have picks 1-6, 8 and 10. The rest are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I've got:

Vick at QB - top 5 QB

No he's not, not in the format the Boards leagues use anyway. The top 5 fantasy QBs in order are Newton, Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Brady.

• Advertisement

Alright this week against the odds, despite our star players being gone, myself and team better than awesome have won with very good scores. This should see me move into a wildcard slot, before I play 4 games of death to close out the regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

had an absolute mare.

beanie wells had 33 yards combined. torain was benched in favour of helu. brought in moreno and hes utter rubbish as mcgahee went wild (he played with a broken hand? how the f**k do you play with a broken hand).

need vick to get 35 points tonight and thats not happening....it could happen, but it wont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Alright this week against the odds, despite our star players being gone, myself and team better than awesome have won with very good scores. This should see me move into a wildcard slot, before I play 4 games of death to close out the regular season.

6 game winning streak now and no sign of slowing down (barring a 300yard game from Desean Jackson tonight).

AP is back from his bye next week also :cool:

Serious moves being made this week. Two of the top 3 look set to lose. I got really lucky against my guy. I said it in the week 9 thread that he should put in Bush and Rice. If he did he'd be up another 26 points so thankfully he didn't bother.

By my very rough calculations I should slide up into 2nd overall. I've a relatively easy enough finish to the season as well. I'm up against Tash Ticklers and Pack it all In who've won 1 game between them. The others will be trickier but I'd expect at least two wins and maybe another there.

Also a special mention must go out to Brandon Marshall who finally caught a TD pass this weekend. Could it be the start of a late flurry of TDs for him? Hopefully so.

We've gone through best draft picks, what do you think were your best (and worst) free agent/waiver pickups.
    Best-
    De Marco Murray, free agent. Jones goes down, my natural instinct is to grab any starter that emerges in free agency, so I got this guy.
    Kellen Winslow, waiver wire. 2 touchdowns in 2 games for me.
    Carson Palmer, free agent. Only a bye week fill in for Cam Newton, but 18 points for a bye week fill in, very nice.

Worst-
    Gregg Little, free agent. I picked him up when he began to start for the Browns, however he never got going, despite me wasting multiple starts on him.

I now have 4 starting RBs and I'm looking to trade one of them for a Top 15 or so WR.

I see there is a lot of teams with only one starting RB on their roster so i'm going to hit ye up with a trade, check your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

whats your team name, i have 3 very decent WR's.

jester1980 wrote: »
    whats your team name, i have 3 very decent WR's.

Team Better Than Awesome

Thanks to another TD from McCoy I had my 4th week with a +100 score.

You only see the value of getting as many points as you can towards the end of the season. I'm in 2nd now on points scored. Probably haven't a chance of catching the guy at the top. I've over 800 points and I'm still 72 behind him. Some scoring.

Hoping I can keep my place in the top-2. Makes it so much easier for the playoffs

I'm back 6-3 now and in a playoff spot, but have a gruelling schedule up ahead. If I beat my opponent next week, who holds the other wildcard spot, I will leapfrog them on games won, and probably also on points scored, which will be crucial.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    I now have 4 starting RBs and I'm looking to trade one of them for a Top 15 or so WR.

I see there is a lot of teams with only one starting RB on their roster so i'm going to hit ye up with a trade, check your inbox.

Trade offered!

Going up agianst the 7-2 league leading Zebras this week. The Zebras have by far the best roster.

I'm projected to get 94pts, Zebras 101pts so it's going to be a tight matchup.

Zebras had Gates and Jackson for SD in last nights game, i was dreading that that pair would put up 30+pts in that game...they only put up a combined 7.6pts!!!!

I have a chance of winning this one...c'mon 7 game winning streak

projections mean absolutely nothing.

I have led in every game bar this week (no word of a lie) and I'm 4-5! Last week I was projected for 98 points and ended up with 44......

I'm thinking of putting my guys with the least projection points this week as a bit of reverse psychology.

Going up agianst the 7-2 league leading Zebras this week. The Zebras have by far the best roster.

Zebras had Gates and Jackson for SD in last nights game, i was dreading that that pair would put up 30+pts in that game...they only put up a combined 7.6pts!!!!

I was infuriated by that, though you're still the underdog. Last week I was projected to get 50 points and I got 90. You can't take anything from the NFL projections, ESPN ones are very good I find.

Anyone like the Browns defense as a sleeper play this weekend? I certainly do.

Also, thank you to the owner of Team Awesome for becoming active again. That team will surely be in the playoff hunt.

I will be saying prayers for you this weekend. I would love nothing more than a win from you. Would get me one step closer to ZZ.
    Anyone like the Browns defense as a sleeper play this weekend? I certainly do.

Do you mind me asking why you keep on changing your team every week? I see you've made 52 transactions. That's nearly 6 times as many as me. You have almost no consistency in your team selection from week to week bar Megatron and Cam it seems.

I made a few moves at the start of the season but they back-fired so I decided to wait it out till a few good ones popped up like Law Firm and Baldwin a few weeks ago.

Did you just get a terrible hand in the draft or do you honestly feel the transactions are helping you? I hope I don;t sound like I'm criticising you, it's just I can't understand it really.
    Also, thank you to the owner of Team Awesome for becoming active again. That team will surely be in the playoff hunt.

Ah yes, thank you Team Awesome. Thank you for becoming active again the week after I played you. Thank you for leaving Michael Bush on the bench. If you hadn't I may well have lost the game.

Bush's score from last night will probably win you your match alone considering who you are up against though :pac:.

Do you mind me asking why you keep on changing your team every week? I see you've made 52 transactions. That's nearly 6 times as many as me. You have almost no consistency in your team selection from week to week bar Megatron and Cam it seems.
    Basically, I spent the first 7 or so weeks looking for a kicker and tight end before I settled on Winslow and Bryant. I change my defense nearly every week because nearly every week there's a better FA matchup than my DEF has. I also made a few changes at QB as McNabb and Garrard crashed and burned. I went through a period of picking up any RB I could off free agency but now I have 3 starters who are all through their byes (I think) and I'm happy, but partly because I traded Steve Johnson for Marshawn Lynch (which has worked out for me so far). But then that left me with a no. 2 WR crisis and I have picked up a ton of them in search of a solution. I could have it in Simpson.
    Did you just get a terrible hand in the draft or do you honestly feel the transactions are helping you? I hope I don;t sound like I'm criticising you, it's just I can't understand it really.
    I got an excellent first 4 picks, the rest were terrible, unless Bush really starts to put up numbers. The problem was in week 2 Charles, my early 1st round pick, was out for the season, and I desperately searched for another RB in free agency, and I found Murray after a while. I also made little effort to draft a good QB, TE, K, or DEF, and the latter 3 have been changed a ton.

Marshawn Lynch placed on the trading block if anyone's interested. Looking for a WR, maybe a tight end, depends on the offer.

Looks like I'll be winning this week. I'm 1 point behind my opponent and I have 4 players left to play. Hopefully I can rack up a good few points with them. Will need it come the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Another win for me this week, against 6-3 opposition. However my division rivals seem set to beat the no. 1 seeds, who I play next week:(.

Advertisement