Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 5 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

How did we grade? I was surprised to get a B+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

DM_2092 wrote: »
    How did we grade? I was surprised to get a B+.

Well if this isn't the kiss of death i dont know what is. I think I got graded a B last season then proceeded to finish dead last :D

Draft Grade : A
    Proj Record : 12-1
    Proj Finish : T1

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Hoki wrote: »
    Well if this isn't the kiss of death i dont know what is. I think I got graded a B last season then proceeded to finish dead last :D

Haha I was thinking the same!

BUILT AROUND SOME EARLY-ROUND VALUE PICKS, ORANGE ORGANICS COULD STAKE A CLAIM FOR THE TITLE
    Draft Grade Proj Record Proj Finish
    A+ 11-2 T3

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Got the exact same grade :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I got graded C+ with a 4-9 record

See you guys in the final :pac:

"Due to one of the games this week being scheduled for Tuesday night the NFL.com fantasy waivers are processing one day later than usual.

As our waiver period is set to 2 days that would mean waivers not processing until Thursday night (and thus missing Thursday night Football).

I've changed the waiver period to 1 day for the league.

This will mean waivers will process Wednesday this week and Tuesday on all other weeks.

Apologies for making the change without discussions first but wanted to let everyone know before waiver claims start to be submitted."

The above is from Adrian as mentioned in the league forum on the nfl app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

101LXQ2.png

Trade deadline coming up heres the latest value chart if anyone wants to do business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Latest trade values

Welp! That's me out of the playoff picture.. Gutted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

The record may have been off but we both ended up getting byes so maybe the predictions aren't all bad!

Best of luck to Stretchwoodza and Toronto Tigers in the final this week. Sickening to lose out in semifinal by 0.9 pts after Boyd's 0 pointer but thats Fantasy NFL! Thanks to every one for competing, was a tough season with Covid / injuries etc.. but we got through it, see you next year!

2020 Final standings by Boards user name.

1st - Jackwigan
    2nd - Stretchwoodza
    3rd - Hoki
    4th - Brenty
    5th - Thomond2006
    6th - Markc91
    7th - Massdebater
    8th - Mayo Salmon
    9th - McRannp
    10th - Rover Joyce
    11th - Crendist the Dentist
    12th - goCall01
    13th - Ctdkalf
    14th - Dm2092
    15th - Steo2323
    16th - Rogeyspoint

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sign up for 2021 is now open, please post in the below thread by August Bank Holiday if you want to play again this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058198174

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

This year's Division Five. Will sort out some logistics over the next few days (I said I'd be GM unless someone else wants to do it). First order of business though is sorting out draft draft. Any suggestions?

Div5 1 Toon Chargers @Ctdkalf

Div5 2 Darizona Cardinals @DM_2092

Div5 3 The Beef @Steo2323 23

Div5 4 Bergenfield Bears @rogeyspoint

Div5 5 balincock buccaneer @seansc1

Div5 6 beachballers @Beachballz

Div5 7 airing it out @me89

Div5 8 Kay adams fan club Beefy78

Div5 9 easkey eashawks @alchemist33

Div5 10 Kilsough Patriots @Paul76567

Div5 11 DBIreland @DBIreland

Div5 12 brinock1980 @brinock1980

Div5 13 wardie101 @wardie101

Div5 14 Manafana Steelers @manafana

Div5 15 Chancers @McG

Div5 16 @mafitz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks for commishing, Beefy. Do you mean draft date? Any time in the week before kick-off, except I already have another draft on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seansc1

Cheers for being the GM. I have another draft 8,pm on 7 September. Happy to go with whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ctdkalf

Fair play beefy for taking the big job. Any day in week before as late as possible in day.

Sorry I've been away over the weekend. I'm free to draft whenever. 👍

Any reservations for Monday 6th or Wednesday 8th? Maybe 9pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

I am good for any of those days. Anytime after 8.30/9 is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ctdkalf

Those days are fine beefy

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Hi Beefy,

I am okay with those dates, would be good late as possible too. Thanks for acting as commissioner in this division.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dates are good for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Either day is fine and thanks for stepping up as Commish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

either should work for me too

I'd imagine league invites will go out through PM?

Yeah, looks like I'll need to set up a new league in the app and then I'll get invites over to you all. Just need to confirm with the bossman what the league set-up needs to be. It's 3 WRs right?

Looks like we're pencilled in for Wednesday 8th September 9pm but still got some time to shout if that time isn't good. Just got a couple of questions about the league set up but worst comes to the worst I'll create the league later today and get invites out.

• Advertisement

Alright invites should be out with everyone. If you didn't get one please shout. I've matches the points to what we had in Div 6 last year which I assume is right and will tweak the other settings to match shortly but if anyone notices any oversights let me know.

Advertisement