Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

slowharry wrote: »
    I have M Stafford at QB so thats enough eggs in the Detroit basket for me.

trade deadline is passed anyway lads

Anyone with a half decent RB interested in a trade for Gates, V Jackson or Hernandez

deadline passed 4 days ago for trades

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Yes, you lads would never make a decent GM...tut tut. Takes somebody with a full understanding of the game to be GM.

Deadline for trades was the 25th November....

Now that I'm definitely stuck in Division 5 for next year, do I need to get reelected for GM? That would be some craic.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

who goes up TOP 4 is it??

4 semi finalists i think....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Things were going so well for me and the Zebras ( I was in preliminary discussions with Roger Goodell about running a future NFL franchise in LA ) but 3 weeks of leaving my top scoring WR on the bench and being to hungover to sort out my RB situation this Sunday has left me in a must win situation.

Although considering its my first effort at Fantasy football and I've been the most scored against team I'm happy out to be still in with a shout come the final week.

Anyone with a half decent RB interested in a trade for Gates, V Jackson or Hernandez

I'm interested in Gates or Hernandez.

I willing to trade Helu (No1 RB in Wash, 22pts this week), Peyton Hillis (he's back!), Pettigrew and possibly Willis McGahee.

As i'm typing this...i notice the trade deadline has passed :o

4 semi finalists i think....

it shouldnt be ......

it should be 4 conference winners and 2 wildcards ...

unless we have another div5 error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

4 teams in contention for the 2 bye spots.

Current positions:

1st Team of Rivals 9-3 Pts 1135
    2nd Team Better than Awesome 9-3 Pts 1011 (Myself)
    3rd Gadsden Patriots 9-3 Pts 972
    4th Green Bay Slackers 8-4 Pts 956

Gadsden Patriots play an inactive team so he'll most likely finish 10-3
    Team of Rivals play 5-7 Lambmuncher. Team of Rivals team looks way better on paper so Team of Rivals should win.
    Green Bay Slackers massive longshot to get the bye

That leaves myself having to win against 6-6 Blacque Power, no gimmie. So pressure is on...

D3PO wrote: »
    it shouldnt be ......

it should be 4 conference winners and 2 wildcards ...

unless we have another div5 error.

the question was who goes up.....

why dont you stay in your own division?

why dont you stay in your own division?

HA HA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Yes, you lads would never make a decent GM...tut tut. Takes somebody with a full understanding of the game to be GM.

Deadline for trades was the 25th November....

Now that I'm definitely stuck in Division 5 for next year, do I need to get reelected for GM? That would be some craic.....:rolleyes:

You get my vote if you allow a sneaky trade ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ARod2000

Hazys wrote: »
    4 teams in contention for the 2 bye spots.

Current positions:

1st Team of Rivals 9-3 Pts 1135
    2nd Team Better than Awesome 9-3 Pts 1011 (Myself)
    3rd Gadsden Patriots 9-3 Pts 972
    4th Green Bay Slackers 8-4 Pts 956

Gadsden Patriots play an inactive team so he'll most likely finish 10-3
    Team of Rivals play 5-7 Lambmuncher. Team of Rivals team looks way better on paper so Team of Rivals should win.
    Green Bay Slackers massive longshot to get the bye

That leaves myself having to win against 6-6 Blacque Power, no gimmie. So pressure is on...

come on Green Bay Slackers!! :D

in my final throes of desperation, I have offloaded owen daniels and the NY defense in favour of scott chandler and san diego.

the real reason i picked san diego is simply cos its a monday night game, so whatever happens, I'll still have a chance to wake up to tuesday morning. oh and they are playing the jags, who dont score very much.

seeing as Ny chimed in with a nice -4 points on monday, I think a change is necessary.

I had a waiver request in to switch the Seahawks D for Atlanta (initially thinking Atlanta were FA). Forgot completely about the Thursday night game. 17 pts for Seahawks waiver request cancelled, looks like I dodged a bullet there. Big Game Bottlers (Opponent) had Eagles D, now 14 pts up heading into the weekend.

Come on the Zebras

Limped into the play-offs. Big rivalry game against the Slackers coming up.

Come on the Zebras

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Playoff time. Me against the Clontarf Cheetahs.

conme on the cheetahs, dont fancy my chances though, you've an awesome team, had hoped Mcfadden would be back this week but thats a no.

jester1980 wrote: »
    conme on the cheetahs, dont fancy my chances though, you've an awesome team, had hoped Mcfadden would be back this week but thats a no.

I have great memories playing you in week one of the season, my first ever fantasy game. I went to sleep up massively and then Welker went mad, got up at 6am to watch McFadden finish, he made a huge run but was stopped at the one leaving you 1.6 points down, and they gave Bush the ball the rest of the game.

I've got a bit lucky with picking up Murray on FA and making the Newton, Lynch and Harvin (for Lynch) trades as they've all played great. I suppose it's payback for Charles going for the season. Infact neither of us will have our first round picks. Whoever goes through will play the most loaded team in the league. My only fear is that Joe explodes vs. Indy for 30 like he did against the Rams, Welker isn't someone I fear will score a ton, and even if your Smith scores a ton that means Cam scores a ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

matthew8 wrote: »
    I have great memories playing you in week one of the season, my first ever fantasy game. I went to sleep up massively and then Welker went mad, got up at 6am to watch McFadden finish, he made a huge run but was stopped at the one leaving you 1.6 points down, and they gave Bush the ball the rest of the game.

I've got a bit lucky with picking up Murray on FA and making the Newton, Lynch and Harvin (for Lynch) trades as they've all played great. I suppose it's payback for Charles going for the season. Infact neither of us will have our first round picks. Whoever goes through will play the most loaded team in the league. My only fear is that Joe explodes vs. Indy for 30 like he did against the Rams, Welker isn't someone I fear will score a ton, and even if your Smith scores a ton that means Cam scores a ton.

Oh thanks very much :o. I'm actually kinda gutted I'm not playing this week. My team is projected to get 127 points which would put me ahead of everyone else still left.

When I do get to play though I should hopefully still be in good shape. My WRs are finally hitting some form and Gronk is continuing his meteoric rise to the top. Should be an interesting week sitting back and watching the games unfold.

No harm but I'm hoping I don't face you. I don't like the prospect of Megatron, Cam and Reggie on the same team.

Good news for my fantasy team this week as Tony Fiammetta is back at FB for the Cowboys. Since he's gone down Murray's YPC has gone down massively.

The best thing about my game this week is the incredible WR matchup:
    Johnson and Harvin vs. Smith and Welker. There's a decent chance those 4 could be the top 4 WRs of the week. I'm also glad there's a consolation tournament, more games to follow. I didn't know about that.

• Advertisement

Yes I am in the consolation tournament and it adds a little bit to the whole thing.

Reviewing the season, I think division 5 (not without its problems) has been a great success. There has been great banter on the thread.

Yes there was the odd mistake :cool:but I dont think it generally.

Matthew8 has been our biggest contributor, he originally recognised the mistake in the draft, supported it, then unsupported it and then supported it again.

Darklighter was the guy who was trying to put me in the soup.....he finished 4-9 :rolleyes: must have been that 3rd WR.

Generally though bar the odd attack from some of the mod nazi's, I think its a blast. 'Is it ANOTHER division 5 mistake' :D:D

This has been my first year in NFL Fantasy and I have learned a hell of alot (i.e. never touch shanahans rb's) and I am already looking forward to the draft next year (I think i'll put in a flex and a db for the craic)

Good news for my fantasy team this week as Tony Fiammetta is back at FB for the Cowboys. Since he's gone down Murray's YPC has gone down massively.

The best thing about my game this week is the incredible WR matchup:
    Johnson and Harvin vs. Smith and Welker. There's a decent chance those 4 could be the top 4 WRs of the week. I'm also glad there's a consolation tournament, more games to follow. I didn't know about that.

actually I might email the league because I'm not sure everyone knows about the consolation tournament.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What's the deal with inactives. Technically, on the site, it looks like I haven't been active since the 23rd of November. That's close to three weeks now. I've been on the site almost every day but I haven't changed my team. My team is just that good that I have no need to change it :pac:. Will I need to make a move from my bench and back again to avoid the inactive-ness?

No promotion for me this year so. The stars reallly aligned for me to lose. Cam Newton not to run in a touchdown, Matt Prater to kick 2 50 yarders, my kicker and defense combining for 3 points, and Calvin Johnson being terrible once again. Is there much chance of promotion through taking the place of inactive teams in higher divisions?

Hard luck matthew8.

The stars didnt align for you? How about this for a stat.....

Michael Vick hasnt run in a touchdown all year. He ran in 9 in 12 games last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

No promotion for me this year so. The stars reallly aligned for me to lose. Cam Newton not to run in a touchdown, Matt Prater to kick 2 50 yarders, my kicker and defense combining for 3 points, and Calvin Johnson being terrible once again. Is there much chance of promotion through taking the place of inactive teams in higher divisions?

There is a chance. What will happen is the 4 teams relegated from Div 4 are ranked 1-4 in division 5 next year. The losing wildcard teams will be ranked 5-6 next year. The non playoff teams that didnt get relegated from Div 5 will be ranked 7-12 and the 4 promoted teams from division below (dont think there is one) will be ranked 13-16. So if you are ranked 5th then if 5 people in divisions above dont come back or are removed you will go up to div 4

The cheetahs take a big scalp last night and take their place in div 4 next year. Oh yeahhhhhh :)

Well one thing I learned this year in fantasy is the importance of K/DEF/TE. I'll definitely be selecting some of them high next year. I've really struggled in these areas. Gonna be hard to go a week without fantasy now, looking forward to the 5th place battle with the Zebras. No doubt the Zebras will be annoyed that I knocked them out of that first round bye, and I'll be annoyed that the Zebras failed to knock my rival out of the division lead. Grudge match.

Well one thing I learned this year in fantasy is the importance of K/DEF/TE. I'll definitely be selecting some of them high next year. I've really struggled in these areas. Gonna be hard to go a week without fantasy now, looking forward to the 5th place battle with the Zebras. No doubt the Zebras will be annoyed that I knocked them out of that first round bye, and I'll be annoyed that the Zebras failed to knock my rival out of the division lead. Grudge match.

The Zebras don't hold Grudges;)

More annoyed that over the last couple of weeks I have consistently left points on the bench at WR. No matter what the combination my top scoring WR was the guy on the bench. That and not having a backup RB for when Fred Jackson went down cost me big time.

Didn't think I'd make the play-off in my first but gunning for fifth spot now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

What's the deal with inactives. Technically, on the site, it looks like I haven't been active since the 23rd of November. That's close to three weeks now. I've been on the site almost every day but I haven't changed my team. My team is just that good that I have no need to change it :pac:. Will I need to make a move from my bench and back again to avoid the inactive-ness?

I wouldnt worry about that sort of inactivity, it doesnt show when you log on only when you change things. You would have noticed the sort of inactivity we are trying to get rid of, teams that had players on bye weeks in their starting lineup is the main one that i look out for.

Advertisement