Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

No posts here for 5 days, maybe Johnny should fix it next year so that I get an easy draw in the playoffs to keep a bit of atmosphere in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

105 points in the bag one Hunter for SF to play tonight and I am not playing this weekend:mad: . My opponents in the 5th place playoff didn't take a week of scoring over 100 points. could be harder to get 5th than win this thing.

slowharry wrote: »
    105 points in the bag one Hunter for SF to play tonight and I am not playing this weekend:mad: . My opponents in the 5th place playoff didn't take a week of scoring over 100 points. could be harder to get 5th than win this thing.

We're both really unlucky not to be promoted, so this game should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

unlucky to be promoted?

Thats ridiculous! Report back here 1st September 2012 SHARPISH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm going to miss Division 5 next year. The other divisions don't seem to be as much crack at all. I couldn't have picked a better league to start off my FF career in.

Is there a prize on offer for the winner of the playoffs? Maybe a Christmas hamper or a bottle of whiskey? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Best of luck to all (apart from Gadsen Patriots)on the last weekend of fantasy football, and happy Christmas to all in Division 5.

slowharry wrote: »
    Best of luck to all (apart from Gadsen Patriots)on the last weekend of fantasy football, and happy Christmas to all in Division 5.

You're in for it now, you sc()mbag, you magg()t, you cheap lousy fagg()t. This is the real match, forget the final, I mean who cares about that. I also think it's a little bit suspicious that seeds 1and 2 are in the final, seeds 3 and 4 arein 3rd place playoff and that seeds 5 and 6 are in the 5th place playoff. And it's the exact same in the consolation playoffs.

matthew8 wrote: »
    You're in for it now, you sc()mbag, you magg()t, you cheap lousy fagg()t. This is the real match, forget the final, I mean who cares about that. I also think it's a little bit suspicious that seeds 1and 2 are in the final, seeds 3 and 4 arein 3rd place playoff and that seeds 5 and 6 are in the 5th place playoff. And it's the exact same in the consolation playoffs.

No need to be jealous that you're not in the finals :p.

It is pretty mad though when you think about it. I wonder how often has that happened in real life. Chances are slim to anorexic I'd say.

Just goes to show that maybe the rankings at the end of the 13 weeks were pretty true. It'd be even better if the top seed in each match-up won (praying for a win for myself here :pac:).

I reckon the final will come down to a straight shoot-out between Drew Brees and Matt Ryan on Tuesday morning. I actually might not even go out Stephens Day just so I can stay in and watch the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

No need to be jealous that you're not in the finals :p.

It is pretty mad though when you think about it. I wonder how often has that happened in real life. Chances are slim to anorexic I'd say.

Just goes to show that maybe the rankings at the end of the 13 weeks were pretty true. It'd be even better if the top seed in each match-up won (praying for a win for myself here :pac:).

I reckon the final will come down to a straight shoot-out between Drew Brees and Matt Ryan on Tuesday morning. I actually might not even go out Stephens Day just so I can stay in and watch the match.

Damn AP is fooked, its gona be struggle for me to pull this victory out

Lots of great performances in the 5th place playoff. Cam Newton first with 31, then Foster with 23, and Cruz with 22.

• Advertisement

Champ game is tied at 48.60 wow. 5th place playoff is 90.30-89.64. Very close.

Hazys wrote: »
    Damn AP is fooked, its gona be struggle for me to pull this victory out

I hate to see guys go down injured but that may have been my moment right there. It's crazily tight at the mo. 48.60 all.

I'm lucky that I have Crosby and the Packers D to get me a few points tomorrow. Although with the Packers defence I can never tell if they'll concede 5 TDs or go on a rampage themselves.

It should go down to the wire I reckon.

Shiiit McCoy is after being stretched off to the locker room there. The two best RBs in the game up against each other tonight in this match up and they both go down injured. Not good

Hooray, I go out in style. Winning the 5th place playoff by scoring 99 points. Now I turn my attention to supporting the team of rivals in the championship game.

Hooray, I go out in style. Winning the 5th place playoff by scoring 99 points. Now I turn my attention to supporting the team of rivals in the championship game.

If only your support translated into points for me. I need a big performance in the Packers game. Hopefully Crosby can knock over a few big kicks and I'd be laughing

If only your support translated into points for me. I need a big performance in the Packers game. Hopefully Crosby can knock over a few big kicks and I'd be laughing

You have it man. Remember the last time you went in needing points from Crosby, Packers D and White (but not Brees that time) in prime time?

You have it man. Remember the last time you went in needing points from Crosby, Packers D and White (but not Brees that time) in prime time?

How could I ever forget. There were some monstrous kicks from Crosby in that game. Looking back on it only 2 of the players that started that game started your game this week as well. 7 of my 8 started this week, and Marshall would have started only he was on a bye. Crazy to think that I would have such a similar team and you have such a different one. Fair play on getting the transfers right.

How could I ever forget. There were some monstrous kicks from Crosby in that game. Looking back on it only 2 of the players that started that game started your game this week as well. 7 of my 8 started this week, and Marshall would have started only he was on a bye. Crazy to think that I would have such a similar team and you have such a different one. Fair play on getting the transfers right.

I would possibly be the worst person in the world at keeper leagues. Here are the rounds that this week's starters were drafted in:
    Cam Newton-10th round (trade)
    Reggie Bush-5th round
    Donald Brown-13th round (fa pickup)
    Calvin Johnson-2nd round
    Jeremy Maclin-3rd round (fa pickup)
    Brent Celek-10th round (trade)
    Nick Novak-undrafted
    KC Chiefs-12th round

Championship game for the ages. 59.80-59.70, and it comes down to Monday night.

Is there any way Johnny can organise a few week 17 friendlies? I'm desperate to have a crack at team better than awesome, who I never got to play. Of course we could just see who scores more, but without the gamecentre there's no prestige.

• Advertisement

Championship game for the ages. 59.80-59.70, and it comes down to Monday night.

58.8 - 59.7

This is way too close. I haven't had a game like this nearly all season. Tomorrow will be bigger than the Superbowl to me.

Hollywood couldn't come up with a better storyline. Brees on my team throwing to Colston on his, and Ryan on his team throwing to White on mine.

There's no way I can go out tomorrow night with this game in the balance like this.

This feels like sucker punch. I've coasted through the league at times and now in my final game I have to struggle. Just when he loses Peterson I have to lose McCoy.

A massive game is needed from both Brees and White tomorrow. Please god the Falcons put 4 guys on Colston and leave everyone else open.

I reckon you'll get over 100 points. Roddy White's main competition for the big fantasy plays is Julio Jones and the Saints aren't nearly slow enough for him to have a big game. Their defense isn't bad, but Brees is on brilliant form. The only hope your opponent has is if they outscore you touchdown wise.

Is there any way Johnny can organise a few week 17 friendlies? I'm desperate to have a crack at team better than awesome, who I never got to play. Of course we could just see who scores more, but without the gamecentre there's no prestige.

Bring it!! :)

58.8 - 59.7

This is way too close. I haven't had a game like this nearly all season. Tomorrow will be bigger than the Superbowl to me.

Hollywood couldn't come up with a better storyline. Brees on my team throwing to Colston on his, and Ryan on his team throwing to White on mine.

There's no way I can go out tomorrow night with this game in the balance like this.

This feels like sucker punch. I've coasted through the league at times and now in my final game I have to struggle. Just when he loses Peterson I have to lose McCoy.

A massive game is needed from both Brees and White tomorrow. Please god the Falcons put 4 guys on Colston and leave everyone else open.

Ridiculous way to end it alright...right down to the wire 0.90 pts between us with both having 2 players playing on MNF :eek:

I think you may have the upper hand as you have Brees at home vs Ryan who ive got. You've got White whos the clear no1 (although is having an avg season) vs my colston whos isnt clear no1.

My team is resilient, weve pulled it out before.

C'MON TEAM BETTER THAN AWESOME!!!

Ridiculous way to end it alright...right down to the wire 0.90 pts between us with both having 2 players playing on MNF :eek:

I think you may have the upper hand as you have Brees at home vs Ryan who ive got. You've got White whos the clear no1 (although is having an avg season) vs my colston whos isnt clear no1.

White has had an average season alright but in week 12 he got a TD and 120 yards. I said it then that it could be his breakout moment. He's nabbed 5 TDs in 4 weeks for me since then. Hopefully he can have another big game tonight.

Could all rest on how Brees plays. He had an awful game at the start of the season that cost me a win, and he's played majestic other times and has single-handedly won me games. It'll be interesting.

EDIT: I just sent Brees a tweet there asking him to play well for me. Hopefully he checks his account before going on the field and he heeds my wishes.

drewbreestweet.png

My god that was some match last night. I came back from the pub to find myself behind by a few. Was bricking it going into the final quarter. Thank god Brees threw to Sproles for that last TD. If it had been Colston then it was curtains for me.

I wouldn't have won this were it not for Jonathan Stewart. I'd left him out of the team lately for Law Firm. But when he got his chance he took it and scored me a beautiful 15 points.

What do I do now. Have 8 months to wait until it all starts up again. Dunno if I can last that long.

Thanks very much to everyone that was in this league. I came into it with no notion how to play, it took me till the 4th week to find out what a waiver wire was. It's been the best of all the threads in this forum. As someone said at the start this is where all the crack is. I'll miss ye all when I'm up in Division 4. Hopefully me and the others going up will do ye all proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Congrats to Team of Rivals and commiserations to Team Better than Awesome, it was a great finish to the FF season.

I'm happy enough with my 1st season, overcoming an 0-5 start to finish 9th in the regular season and 9th in the playoffs.

I ended with an overall 8-8 record (6-7 regular season, 2-1 playoffs). Plenty of lessons learned too!

Looking forward to next season already!

Bring it!! :)

Will we give it a go? I don't think we can set it up on the league so we'd have to do scoring and adding and dropping players on this thread, but I'll take care of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Ok Division 5 people....

its ramping up for next season, only 5 weeks until the draft ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Hey im still in this division on the NFL site but am now in div 4, so kick me out when your logged in if you can please. Think your the GM right?

Advertisement