Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PPR League Thread

Options
  • 20-10-2011 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to the PPR League will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

standings, as of week 6

Eastern Conference
    Slinger/Lomira Owls/Lions 5-0-1
    Team Lanigan 3-3-0
    Spongey Bears 3-3-0
    Pick Sixes 2-3-1
    Dangerous Rebels 2-4-0

Western Conference
    Inchicore Warriors 4-2
    Salthill Saints 4-2
    VAnilla Thrillas 3-3
    Donoughmore Dynamos 3-3
    Chicago Bears 1-5

With the top two in each Conference going to playoffs, almost everyone is still in it after six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Willing to trade a combination of Victor Cruz, Daniel Thomas, Brandon Lloyd, James Starks or Shonn Greene, preferably two of them (one WR and one RB) for a top-tier WR or maybe a RB, depending on the offer.

I'm not desperate as I feel all those players have good value going forward, it's just a case I have alot of depth and it could be better utilized in one star rather than two upper-tier #2's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I will see my first loss this week bye week is crucifying my team. Picked up a few FA but my opponent has a healthy team so it should be my burn week.

I will see my first loss this week bye week is crucifying my team. Picked up a few FA but my opponent has a healthy team so it should be my burn week.

Are you at all concerned about how heavily based on the Patriots your team is? If the Pats run to, say 12-1 or 12-2 and start to wrap players in cotton wool for the end of the season doesn't it have the potential to nuke your season?

Syferus wrote: »
    Are you at all concerned about how heavily based on the Patriots your team is? If the Pats run to, say 12-1 or 12-2 and start to wrap players in cotton wool for the end of the season doesn't it have the potential to nuke your season?

Nope. The final for the PPR league is on Week 16 which is the 2nd last weekend in the NFL. The Pats don't start resting players until the last game of the season and even then based on the last few seasons they all play most of the game including Brady and Welker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hope so, but your team is till ok (Wallace is a stud)

Lost by 12 points. Would've won if I played Antonio Gates instead of Greg Olsen grrrr

Started off 4-0 and I'm now 4-3

Loving AP in PPR, he's so dependable it's getting ridiculous these days.

Started out 4-0, I'm now 4-4 and the talk of the radio phone in shows is will I last the season?

A draw? A draw?!

• Advertisement

Watch for a tebow sack to be counted as a run with lost yards again...

Dodge wrote: »
    Watch for a tebow sack to be counted as a run with lost yards again...

I'm Tebowing as we speak.

With 5 weeks to go pretty much all ten teams are still in with a shout of the playoffs. Only TO's team is well out in front and looking safe. There's gonna be some tasty matchups the last couple of weeks.

Just a note - PPR league has a 14 game regular season, unlike the other Boards leagues, which have 13. So week 15 is semi-finals, 16 is the final. So there are 5 weeks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Left Michael Bush on the bench; that's 32 points gone a begging :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Started 1-6 and won my last 3 to leave me 1 game behind a playoff spot (Chicago Bears).

Got pretty lucky last night, had Packers kicker Mason Crosby against Aaron Rodgers with a 20 point lead. Was tied at 84-84 in the 4th quarter when Mike McCarthy brought in Matt Flynn for Rodgers, with the Packers leading 38-7. Flynn ran in a touchdown and Crosby kicked the PAT to give me an 85-84 win :)

Chris Johnson had his best game of the season this week and think he should be pretty good from now on. Didn't believe that he stopped caring once he got paid, think it was more lack of conditioning with the holdout + a loss of confidence. Hopefully he keeps it up next week against Atlanta.

Big showdown this week between me (pick sixes) and Spongey. He's half a game ahead, in the second playoff spot in our division. If he wins he's in, if I win I have a chance. with two weeks left it's still up in the air.

Looking across to the other division, if I was in that one I'd be in first place, while I'm in third in ours. There ain't no justice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think there is only 1 week left.

playoffs are weeks 14,15 and 16.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think there is only 1 week left.

playoffs are weeks 14,15 and 16.

Nope. I specifically set it so that playoffs are in wks 15 and 16. There is a 14 week regular season, so there are 2 weeks left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

ok cool .... must be getting confused with the boards league.

I'm the #2 seed and leader of my division but only ahead of my nearest divisional rival on points scored. Didn't notice until now but my last two games are against the same team, the Bears. Should be a very interesting two-game series, he may be 4-8 but he's got a very loaded team and dropping Newton may yet come back to haunt me!

• Advertisement

I'm the #2 seed and leader of my division but only ahead of my nearest divisional rival on points scored. Didn't notice until now but my last two games are against the same team, the Bears. Should be a very interesting two-game series, he may be 4-8 but he's got a very loaded team and dropping Newton may yet come back to haunt me!

To all PPR Leaguers

There is a little question about the week 14 matchups in the PPR league. I checked a few days ago and saw that everyone was on Bye, according to the site. I had initially set the league to have a 14 week regular season, with 15 and 16 for playoffs, yet the site didn't seem to recognise this, and had left week 14 blank.

So I had to set the matchups manually. The ones you see now are only provisional, I didn't have time to work out what would be fair. In fact, the matchups up at the moment have teams playing other teams for the third time, which does not work, I don't think.

Until week 13, every team has played every other team in its division twice, and every team from the other division once. Rather than having teams playing someone in their division for a third time, I propose to have interdivisional matchups for week 14, and to draw names out of a hat to set the matchups. Obviously you'll have to trust that I'm doing this fairly, the week 14 games are important for the playoffs and I may be involved in this race.

Any comments or suggestions, mail or PM me. If enough people want a within-division week for week 14 I can do that either.

Doesn't bother me which way you go as I have already secured my playoff spot but seen as everyone has played each other twice would it not be a good idea just to starts the playoffs this weekend?

Doesn't bother me which way you go as I have already secured my playoff spot but seen as everyone has played each other twice would it not be a good idea just to starts the playoffs this weekend?

Well we have to play this weekend as it's week 13. You probably mean next week, which is the week in question.

I see what you're saying. The only reason I think it's important to play a regular season game that week is that it has been set for a 14 week regular season since the beginning. I emailed everyone letting them know, and posted on here also. So people have been informed about 14 weeks. I'm reluctant to change that now, as there was an issue last year about the commissioner changing settings in the middle of the year. It was set for 14 weeks, people were told about 14 weeks, I think we should play 14 weeks.

Yeah, I think you should play week 14 as a regular season game. Don't really mind what format.

fisgon wrote: »
    Well we have to play this weekend as it's week 13. You probably mean next week, which is the week in question.

yup my bad
    I see what you're saying. The only reason I think it's important to play a regular season game that week is that it has been set for a 14 week regular season since the beginning. I emailed everyone letting them know, and posted on here also. So people have been informed about 14 weeks. I'm reluctant to change that now, as there was an issue last year about the commissioner changing settings in the middle of the year. It was set for 14 weeks, people were told about 14 weeks, I think we should play 14 weeks.

I noticed it early on as week 14 being a bye week and cared less to be honest. The fact that ESPN turned it into a bye week shows that they noticed the math didn't add up with the amount of teams and the normal amount of games played.

The way I see it there is no difference having to plan for a 3 week season and a 14 week season you still have to win every game every week ye know. But as i said which ever way you go tis no bother in my book.

It's going to create alot of issues for teams on the bubble, especially depending on the match-ups that are made.

Have the bubble teams face each other then ;)

Not a huge deal to me either way, but I'd say playing more games is a fairer decider of who should go to the playoffs (plus if it was said at the start, better to stick to it).

Nice idea about bubble teams playing each other.

Maybe:
    e1 vs. e2
    e3 vs. e4

w1 vs. w2
    w3 vs. w4

e5 vs. w5

(possibly unfair on e2 & w2 who gets a tougher match than e3 & w3)

Another idea, top plays bottom from the opposite conference:
    e1 vs. w5
    e2 vs. w4
    e3 vs. w3
    e4 vs. w2
    e5 vs. w1

Ensures bubble teams play opponents of equivalent strength, and gives a slight advantage to the ones in better position. May be better than a random draw.

Thanks, didn't think I was getting any compliments at 4-8. The Chris Johnson and Peyton Hillis RB core killed me (plus uh, selecting Michael Vick in the first round). But CJ went for 190 yards last week, which wasn't a huge surprise, because his form had slowly started to improve. So yeah with Cam Newton in and CJ back in form, I'm probably a bit stronger than my record suggests.

• Advertisement

he may be 4-8 but he's got a very loaded team and dropping Newton may yet come back to haunt me!

Dude, you dropped Newton? When did that happen, and why? And how did I miss that?

Advertisement