Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Picking 11th.

1. Demaryius Thomas WR
    2. Brandon Marshall WR
    3. Andre Ellington RB
    4. Victor Cruz WR
    5. Toby Gerhart RB
    6. T.Y. Hilton WR
    7. Jordan Cameron TE
    8. Russell Wilson QB
    9. Greg Olsen TE
    10. Jacquizz Rodgers RB
    11. Philip Rivers QB
    12. Brian Hartline WR
    13. Texans DEF
    14. Ahmad Bradshaw RB
    15. Ryan Succop K

Did ok apart from running-back, two unproven guys...Ellington and Gerhart.

Strong at WR, TE and QB. If anyone has a good RB for trade, I might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

12 Dez Bryant, Dal WR
    13 A.J. Green, Cin WR
    36 C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
    37 Keenan Allen, SD WR
    60 Bishop Sankey, Ten RB
    61 Ray Rice, Bal RB
    84 Lamar Miller, Mia RB
    85 Sammy Watkins, Buf WR
    108 Kyle Rudolph, Min TE
    109 Jay Cutler, Chi QB
    132 Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR
    133 Bryce Brown, Buf RB
    156 Broncos D/ST D/ST
    157 Steven Hauschka, Sea K
    180 Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB

Very happy apart from RB as well.
    Did ok apart from running-back, two unproven guys...Ellington and Gerhart.

funny thing is you sniped me on them two.

Masked Man wrote: »

Very happy apart from RB as well.

funny thing is you sniped me on them two.

You stocked up in numbers anyway. That was the thing to do. There was **** all available in the later rounds, even backup quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

I started well but just seemed to pick without a strategy. Have enough WRs to cover about 4 teams!

3 Matt Forte, Chi RB
    22 Antonio Brown, Pit WR
    27 Arian Foster, Hou RB
    46 Michael Crabtree, SF WR
    51 Pierre Thomas, NO RB
    70 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
    75 Eric Decker, NYJ WR
    94 Dexter McCluster, Ten WR
    99 Markus Wheaton, Pit WR
    118 Nick Foles, Phi QB
    123 Hakeem Nicks, Ind WR
    142 Travis Kelce, KC TE
    147 Panthers D/ST D/ST
    166 Dri Archer, Pit RB
    171 Adam Vinatieri, Ind K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB

RB DeMarco Murray, Dal RB

RB Rashad Jennings, NYG RB

RB/WR Vincent Jackson, TB WR

WR Julio Jones, Atl WR P

WR Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR

TE Zach Ertz, Phi TE

D/ST Ravens D/ST D/ST

K Matt Bryant, Atl K

Bench Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR

Bench Maurice Jones-Drew, Oak RB

Bench Mark Ingram, NO RB

Bench Greg Jennings, Min WR

Bench Jeremy Hill, Cin RB

Bench Delanie Walker, Ten TE

Pretty happy too, though as I said, it's an old team, didn't realise this when I drafted. Not much in the way of rookie or second year break out potential. Still, think I got some depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I was 7th pick. Waited on QB (I was last to get one) and RB (a little). Loads of WRs but I wanted that

QBs
    Griffin III
    Rothleisberger

RBs
    Bush
    Sproles
    Fred Jackson

WRs
    Nelson
    Fitzgerald
    Wayne
    Hopkins
    Hunter
    Cooper
    Hawkins

TE
    Graham

Bengals DST
    Gould (K)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Stuck in Work and on the phones and found drafting a nightmare trying to do it. Sucks now being on US time for Irish drafts.

Team is bad all over the place. Hopefully be able to do damage control as the season progresses.

2.Peyton Manning QB
    3.Joique Bell RB
    4.Shane Vereen RB
    6.Ben Tate RB
    9.James White RB
    13.Chris Ivory RB(Auto)
    5.Kendall Wright WR
    7.Kenbrell Thompkins WR
    8.Brandin Cooks WR
    11.Marqise Lee WR(Auto)
    12.Kenny Britt WR(Auto)
    1.Julius Thomas TE
    10.Jordan Reed TE
    14.Cardinals D/ST D/ST(Auto)
    15.Nick Novak K(Auto)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm pretty happy with my draft, took some risks like waiting quite a while to take a WR but just wanted to get some no.1s, I didn't really want to lose out on RBs. Took a gamble on Chris Johnson because I can see him getting a lot of work in the passing game with the Jets.

QB Drew Brees, NO QB
    RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
    RB Le'Veon Bell, Pit RB
    RB/WR Chris Johnson, NYJ RB
    WR Marques Colston, NO WR
    WR Mike Wallace, Mia WR
    TE Vernon Davis, SF TE
    D/ST Patriots D/ST D/ST
    K Justin Tucker, Bal K
    Bench Colin Kaepernick, SF QB
    Bench DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
    Bench Danny Amendola, NE WR
    Bench Jarrett Boykin, GB WR
    Bench Eric Ebron, Det TE
    Bench Buccaneers D/ST D/ST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Haha, second highest score of the week and i still lose. FML

If Team 4thandforever manage to win this weekend, I think they deserve a medal!

67-0 down after TNF after Ryan and Jones combine for 60 points? Ouch!

• Advertisement

I took a punt on Bobby Rainey when I heard Martin was out. I fell asleep after he fumbled and the Falcons were 28-0 up. Woke up this morning to see he'd miraculously scored 13 points

Still in with a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Been a very disappointing season so far, thought I had a good chance at winning this league. Gonna be a good sweat tonight to not lose to Spongey and avoid 0-4.

Im 1-2 and about to go 1-3 haven't been able to scrape it back. Starting to put more of my focus on Prem and my paid leagues.

TO. wrote: »
    Im 1-2 and about to go 1-3 haven't been able to scrape it back. Starting to put more of my focus on Prem and my paid leagues.

That's a shame. You're playing me this week and I really like my team. Unless Shane Vereen scores 50 I'm about to go 4-0. I can't remember the last time that happened with any of my leagues

Genuinely thought I was looking at a third straight loss today but 73 points from Big Ben and Larry Fitzgerald has giving me hope again. Fitz probably wouldn't be playing if 4 of my bench weren't injured and I had to drop someone to pick up an RB who didn't score a point...

Things getting very interesting now, with only five weeks left of regular season. There are five of us on 6-3 or better battling for a playoff place, with a few others on 4-5 still in with a shout.

I'm just glad to be still in the hunt at this stage after two very poor years. The two Jeremys came up big for me last week, I had been waiting all season to use Jeremy Hill, and it was worth it. And Maclin has been fantastic.

fisgon wrote: »
    Things getting very interesting now, with only five weeks left of regular season. There are five of us on 6-3 or better battling for a playoff place, with a few others on 4-5 still in with a shout.

I'm just glad to be still in the hunt at this stage after two very poor years. The two Jeremys came up big for me last week, I had been waiting all season to use Jeremy Hill, and it was worth it. And Maclin has been fantastic.

Shermans Sermons are 8-1 and practically a lock to make the playoffs. Then there are 4 of us at 6-3 competing for 3 spots. If the playoffs started this week i would be the one losing out. Guess i'm gonna have to win more games than the rest of ye :D

Going pretty well (Gummi Bears), 6-3.

Haven't got any major studs, but solid enough throughout. Some good value picks....TY Hilton (4th ranked WR/drafted 6th round), Greg Olsen (4th ranked TE/drafted 9th round), Philip Rivers (7th ranked QB/drafted 11th round), Ahmad Bradshaw (5th ranked RB/ drafted 14th round).

1st round pick was Demariyus Thomas, who's the 2nd ranked WR.
    2nd round pick was Brandon Marshall, who's been disappointing, 31st ranked WR.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Going pretty well (Gummi Bears), 6-3.

Playing you this week, big game for both of us.

Shermans Sermons are 8-1 and practically a lock to make the playoffs. Then there are 4 of us at 6-3 competing for 3 spots. If the playoffs started this week i would be the one losing out. Guess i'm gonna have to win more games than the rest of ye :D

I took a big risk in the draft, taking Foster and Forte early was a hit or miss and luckily it has paid off.

I'm up against an Awkward Customer this week, and think I can be knocked off. I'm down to Sanchez and Hoyer with Foles injured. And I struggle for back up for my RBs.

• Advertisement

I was flying but injuries to my Rbs recently caused a stumble. Happy with top 3 picks (Immy Graham, Jordy Nelson and Reggie Bush). Fred jackson inthe 8th was a gift. Rothlesberger from the 12th now flying

Looking forward to the next few weeks

back with a bang this week. 149 with 2 players to go. 5 scorers went 19 or above

2 big games this week.

I (Shermon's Sermon 8-2), play Inchicore Warriors (7-3) and The Clash of The Bears see both 7-3 teams play

I make Shermon's Sermon strong favourites against me (Warriors) as he has 2 exceptional RBs and I have none at all (fit)

Nothing between the two Bears teams. Its projected 134-131 in my favour. But then again when have projections been right :D

Nothing between the two Bears teams. Its projected 134-131 in my favour. But then again when have projections been right :D

That'll be a good one. I think I like your team better...Rodgers, Beast Mode, Gore, Roddy White, then you have Odell Beckham coming on very strong lately. Not many weak spots. I guess I could win, but it'll take a good week to do it.

I just realised I ended up with Boldin somehow. I think I grabbed him off the FA. I was surprised he was there to be honest. He could actually be the difference with me pushing for a playoff spot in the final stretch.

Edit: I shouldnt have opened my mouth sh1te day

Dodge wrote: »
    I make Shermon's Sermon strong favourites against me (Warriors) as he has 2 exceptional RBs and I have none at all (fit)

I made a comment a couple of weeks ago about taking a risk picking Foster and Forte.

Seems it is catching up to me now with Foster's groin injury. The biggest problem I have is I picked P Thomas as my backup RB but he has been injured for about 5 weeks too.

I had Jonas Grey on my bench...

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    I had Jonas Grey on my bench...

PPR league is the only Boards league I don't have him. Firmly placed on my bench in Prem and Keeper since he came off the Practice squad.

Advertisement