Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

TO. wrote: »
    I just realised I ended up with Boldin somehow. I think I grabbed him off the FA. I was surprised he was there to be honest. He could actually be the difference with me pushing for a playoff spot in the final stretch.

Edit: I shouldnt have opened my mouth sh1te day

I had dropped Boldin as i needed bye week cover for my TE. Was hoping to get him back but you nabbed him a couple of days after i dropped him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

One week to go in the regular season

Sherman's Sermon has clinched the East with an 11-2 record.

West could go to anyone of 3 teams;
    Gummi Bears 9-4 - 1437 points
    Inchicore Warriors - 8-5 - 1524 points
    Awkward Customer - 8-5 - 1384 points

All 3 could get in but looks unlikely. The other rival for the Wild Card spot is Spongey's Bears and they have a 9-4 record in the East.

Spongey's Bears play Foxboro Legends (5-8) - Win and they're in. With their points total it's highly unlikely they'll be passed anyway

Gummi Bears play Pack It All In (5-8) - Win and they're in
    Inchicore Warriors play Mud Dogs (3-10) - Win and they're in

Awkward Customer play Donoughmore Dynamos - They need to win and hope Inchicore Warriors lose. Or win huge and hope Gummi Bears lose big.

Looks like I'm losing this week and Awkward Customer will overtake me for the last spot

:(

Bit of a Lambeau miracle for me last night! Jordy gets 34 and the Pack D was minus points for Mud Dogs so I sneak out the win

Meanwhile Donoughmore gets 51 points to overtake Awkward Customer for a one point win

The 4 play off teams are Sherman's Sermon, Gummi Bears, Spongeys Bears and Inchicore Warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

Made a big mistake taking a risk with Manziel today.

If it costs me, I will never forgive him, as long as his NFL career lasts

• Advertisement

In Exile wrote: »
    Made a big mistake taking a risk with Manziel today.

If it costs me, I will never forgive him, as long as his NFL career lasts

Looks like it won't. You're 13 ahead with Matt forte left.

I've Jimmy Graham and the Eagles kicker left. Need about 15 from the kicker to have a shout for MNF but I think you'll be safe

Gap is 2 points now

Matt Forte + 2 points v Jimmy Graham

You should be fine

Dodge wrote: »
    Gap is 2 points now

Matt Forte + 2 points v Jimmy Graham

You should be fine

I think this could go either way. Graham needs a TD or 2 and thats possible against the Bears

Looks like me in the final, Up by 31 with Bennett still to play against Colston. Should be safe. Odell Beckham firing me to the final here and in the Premier

I think this could go either way. Graham needs a TD or 2 and thats possible against the Bears

Looks like me in the final, Up by 31 with Bennett still to play against Colston. Should be safe. Odell Beckham firing me to the final here and in the Premier

Still not over at all.

Forte has had 18 carries in the last 2 weeks.

Really hope the Bears lean on him this week.

Jimmy Graham last 5 weeks; 29, 5, 22, 0, 5

Matt Forte last 5 weeks; 10, 22, 27, 11, 23

So I've about a 20% chance of winning. :)

• Advertisement

Jimmy Graham last 5 weeks; 29, 5, 22, 0, 5

Matt Forte last 5 weeks; 10, 22, 27, 11, 23

So I've about a 20% chance of winning. :)

Stop trying to curse me!

Finished 100-100

No idea how a winner is decided. I'd guess top seed goes through :(

Finished 100-100

Ouch. Harsh way to go out. AFAIK its the higher seed. Only chance is for a stat change on Thursday

And there's about 5 players on x9 yards so any yard could change it

Finished 100-100

It seems to be awarded to the highest seed, which if it is the case is a very harsh way to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just saw this tie. I have been looking for a confirmation of what the tiebreaker is, and can't find it right at the moment. We didn't set it, so I assume we will be using the default tiebreak from ESPN, whatever that is. It may be highest seed, I will try to confirm.

According to ESPN fantasy.... "in the event that two teams have the same number of points at the conclusion of their playoff game, the system tiebreaker awards the win to the higher seeded team."

So it looks like Sherman will be advancing, though it is not official yet on the site. We may need to vote on a different playoff tiebreaker in the future if we want to change it, there are different options.

It seems to be awarded to the highest seed, which if it is the case is a very harsh way to lose.

It is but would have been either way for one of us. The site has confirmed you're in the final now so barring stat adjustments, that's that.

Good luck in the final. There's defo no hard feelings here

It is but would have been either way for one of us. The site has confirmed you're in the final now so barring stat adjustments, that's that.

Good luck in the final. There's defo no hard feelings here

It'd be good if we can at least get something in place for future years out of it.

Either taking into account the whole squad in case of a tie breaker or something else to try make it fair.

Anyone want to go for decimal scoring?

I just checked there and without changing anything for defences (I don't think they would anyway) I'd have won 105.1 to 104.6

I know that sounds like sour grapes. It isn't (much...). It would cut out ties though

• Advertisement

Anyone want to go for decimal scoring?

I just checked there and without changing anything for defences (I don't think they would anyway) I'd have won 105.1 to 104.6

I know that sounds like sour grapes. It isn't (much...). It would cut out ties though

I'd very happily second that..... for next season of course!

Hasn't been a good start for either of us in the final so far.

Need Beast mode to get 14pts tonight to get the win

Congrats Spongey!

Congrats Spongey

Congrats Spongey

I was monitoring the first quarter and Lynch didnt get a carry whatsoever. Thought i was done for but thankfully i woke up to better news. I think both of us were well down on what projections showed. Delighted to retain. Well played In Exile.

Congrats to Spongey's Bears for retaining the Boards PPR league this year. Reckon it was Odell Beckham who powered him through in the end. Competitive league this year, as always, hope we're all back next year!

fisgon wrote: »
    Congrats to Spongey's Bears for retaining the Boards PPR league this year. Reckon it was Odell Beckham who powered him through in the end. Competitive league this year, as always, hope we're all back next year!

I hate it. With Manning questionable, and Sanders with the flu, I went with Decker over the Denver WR. Damnit!

It's PPR time again. Boards PPR League now set up and ready for the new season.
    http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=778149

Please post here if you want to play again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭darklighter

fisgon wrote: »
    It's PPR time again. Boards PPR League now set up and ready for the new season.
    http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=778149

Please post here if you want to play again this year.
    I'm back in again.

Definitely think we should have decimal scoring as well this year!!

Advertisement