Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think it's unfair that one player lost to him while he was still interested and then it was easy for everybody else. I played him week 1 and beat him but Spongey played him week 2 and lost.

I think Spongey should be given a win to make it fair all around.

I wouldn't have a problem with that especially seen as the guy admitted he gave up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a problem with that especially seen as the guy admitted he gave up.

Dont want the win, i was beaten fair and square that week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,899 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dont want the win, i was beaten fair and square that week
    You were beaten fair and square but everybody after you won because he gave up which is totally unfair to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I ran a league last year and when players dropped out I set the teams each week based purely off the projections on the site.
    I think that's mentioned in the boards rules somewhere but I could be mistaken?

I'd be happy to have the team be set each week based off the projection. Otherwise you could end up with people against half teams some week.
    I haven't played "The Butt Fumbler" yet, I play them in week 11 so I'm not doing it to make things easier for myself.
    I'm not too fussed either way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I am with Spongey, I don't think it is a runner to give him a win. That makes no sense.

We are talking about Butt Fumbler, he had a full team out in weeks 1,2,3,4 and 6, and only a kicker on bye in week 5, so that is most of a season with a full or almost full lineup. So it is not true to say that everyone who played him got a free win.

I am with Air Demon, tbh. I can set the team with the players he has already, maybe only subbing in kicker or D if on bye, and base lineup on weekly projections. This is on the basis that it was only really in weeks 7,8 and 9 that people got easy wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Looks like I'll be number one seed. Been a few years since I could say that in a boards league

Congrats EE you smoked me in the Semis. Great pickup midweek of Montgomery for you. Dude destroyed me on his own :D

I need 23 points from the Cousins/crowder combo. Could be tight

Wasn't tight in the end! Had a good run this year but another semi final defeat

Really enjoy this league

Great final. Congrats to the Foxboro Legends on the championship win

• Advertisement

Congrats EE

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Congrats EE
    Thanks guys, I thought I was going to lose it when we both had two players left to play.

I had Tucker and Ebron, he had Golden Tate and Spencer Ware and I think I had a six point lead which to me didn't look enough.

The one thing I thought to myself at that stage was that I was going to reach 120 points and if you get that score and lose you can have no complaints.

In the end Ware only had 10 points and Tate had 11 I think. Tucker had a great day with 15 and Ebron had 17. It's nice to get the win but either way I really enjoy this league a lot. I think 12 teams with six bench spots is the ideal format for fantasy football.

I thought I had a solid chance of beating you in Semis but I screwed the pooch and made the wrong choices and it killed me. Only way of beating you was to get maximum points and my starting WR sh1t the bed :D

Gratz EE.
    I really thought I had it when it came down to Tate & Ebron.
    Well done, really enjoyed this season.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think 12 teams with six bench spots is the ideal format for fantasy football.

Agree. Hopefully whoever comes in next year isn't bored by espn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hey all,think I was in the league (gummi bears) and never was on thread to chat etc but stayed active in fantasy land. But anyways congrats EE in your winning.

Not sure how this type of league works.

Is it a total redraft next season??

If yes I might drop as I've two dynasty leagues going. I'd like to take on a third dynasty if anyone needs a replacement GM or starting a new dynasty league for 2017

It's a brand new draft every season, no keepers or anything like that.

This league is now reactivated. Please confirm here if you want to play again for this season.

Also, we need at least one extra player, and maybe more, so if anyone wants to join, they can also post here....please include team name....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Chonaic17

Absolutely interested again, what do I need to do

yup in

• Advertisement

Chonaic17 wrote: »
    Absolutely interested again, what do I need to do

PM me an email address and I can send you an invite.

I'm back in

Ok thanks to Dodge and TO. I think I have most team names, but if people could include the team names when confirming, I would appreciate it - it keeps things clear.

Toss Sweep - Owls/Lions
    Dodge - Inchicore

Please correct me if wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pmhac

Awkward Customer is in for this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads I'm gonna give this a miss think I was gummi bears
    Sorry

fisgon wrote: »
    Ok thanks to Dodge and TO. I think I have most team names, but if people could include the team names when confirming, I would appreciate it - it keeps things clear.

Toss Sweep - Owls/Lions
    Dodge - Inchicore

Please correct me if wrong....

Yup Owls/Lions is me alright.

I'm going to give it a miss, just played far too many leagues last year and I want to concentrate on my home league this year.
    I've deleted my team from the league already.
    Thanks lads and hope ye enjoy the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

i'm in again too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

In.

I think Mud Dogs was my ppr team.

• Advertisement

In Exile wrote: »
    i'm in again too

Thanks. Team name?

Advertisement