Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Dodge wrote: »
    Interestingly enough I'm playing spongey in the Division 1 play offs too. Wouldn't be too confident in either of them

Ah please, you should easily walk the division 1 game, you've the best team in the league, already projected 13 points up on me and mine includes 14 points for Gerhart who will probably go back down to reserve with AP back in the mix.

This one however will be a close one, i know im 16pts favourite but i think neither one of us will match projections, a big day for one of our players will swing it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

fisgon wrote: »
    Can I be the only one who really hates this 'consolation' bracket? In other words the 'loser' bracket, it's patronising - "here's a nice little competition for all you who didn't make the real thing". The prize for a win is that you prove that you are the fifth best team. Whoop de doo!!
    (That said, I'll still be going all out to win this weekend, and next...:))

I certainly prefer it to have no game to set for the week, in the end fantasy is more basically about the joy of watching you and your opponent's scores creep up over the weekend than it is about making the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Good start last night. Thanks roddy White

I beat Spongey 131 to 120. late pick up of Nate Burleson to replace Mike Williams being the key move (along with Roddy White's belated coming out party)

I'll face the Owls/Lions who, interestingly enough, also scored 131 points in defeating Team lanigan.

The final is a match up of the 1 and 2 seeds

Congrats to Tallaghtoutlaws on a comprehensive victory. Best team throughout the year won!

Thanks to everyone else for participating. Strong line up of players IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Congratulations to tallaght, had the best team without a doubt in the league but I'll take solace in the fact I was the only team to beat him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Congrats to Tallaght and his Lions for winning this year's Boards PPR League. It was really inevitable, with Brady, Gronk, Welker, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster and a surprising Reggie Bush coming out of nowhere to be a fantasy stud this year. Final standings are...

1. Slinger/Lomira Owls/Lions
    2. Inchicore Warriors
    3. Spongey's Bears
    4. Team Lanigan

Only another 8 months til next year's draft. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Congrats to Tallaght and his Lions for winning this year's Boards PPR League. It was really inevitable, with Brady, Gronk, Welker, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster and a surprising Reggie Bush coming out of nowhere to be a fantasy stud this year. Final standings are...

1. Slinger/Lomira Owls/Lions
    2. Inchicore Warriors
    3. Spongey's Bears
    4. Team Lanigan

Only another 8 months til next year's draft. :)

First pick of the draft and looking back it was a solid draft. Look how late I got Gronk:

Foster Round 1
    Brady Round 2
    Wallace Round 3
    Welker Round 4
    Bowe Round 5
    Benson Round 6
    Gonzalez Round 7
    Law Firm Round 8
    Lee Evans Round 9
    Eagles Round 10
    James Jones Round 11
    Donald Driver Round 12
    Rob Gronk Round 13
    Stephen Gostowksi Round 14
    Danny Woodhead Round 15

Picked up:

Reggie Bush

I think we can safely say that Gronk is not going to last til round 13 next year!

Gronk round 13, that is some steal.

• Advertisement

Gronk round 13, that is some steal.

Hernandez was taking in 6th round.

13th round was productive for me too; Darren Sproles (brilliant in PPR leagues)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dodge wrote: »
    Hernandez was taking in 6th round.

13th round was productive for me too; Darren Sproles (brilliant in PPR leagues)

Enjoyed this last year, are we going again this year?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Enjoyed this last year, are we going again this year?

Yeah, I can set it up again if people are interested. Might start the process in a few weeks, after all the season doesn't start for more than two months yet. We might try and expand it to a 12 team league, or bigger. Anyone from last year can let me know what they think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't mind, if we can get 12 players we should go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Stick me in for it anyways. I won it the year before last I think. Wasn't in it last year, don't know how I missed it. I need to reclaim my throne!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

If you're going to expand to 12 teams, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for it.

I'll go again. really enjoyed the PPR league last year.

I'll have another go, need to improve on my semi finalist finish the last 2 years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Im in gots to defend my crown

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

I'm definitely up for PPR again this year, will be making a push from the playoffs this time around!

• Advertisement

Ok, the official 2012 Boards Fantasy Football PPR league has now been set up. Anyone who was in it last year can, as far as I can see, just log on again on to ESPN.com and get access to the league. If not, you can contact me and I can send you a link.

It's set up for 10 teams but we can change that in the next few weeks if, as it seems likely, there are others who want to join, eg. Masked Man, who is top of the list if we expand. Can those who do want to rejoin post here at some stage, and please include their team names, as I don't remember exactly who is who (apart from the obvious - Spongey).

Also, people can let me know if they want to expand past 12 teams? My own preference is to make it maximum 12, as I'm in a few 16 team leagues already and would like the smaller league for some variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eh, Ahem! I think you will find I'm ahead of Masked Man.;)

Damn it, my team names are getting too obvious, time for a new name :D

I'd say 12 as a max too, i'd say we'd have no probs filling that

eagle eye wrote: »
    Eh, Ahem! I think you will find I'm ahead of Masked Man.;)

You are right, of course, apologies. I imagine we will easily be able to accomodate both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'll play again (Chicago Bears).

My first year playing last year and didn't draft very well (Mike Vick first round, oops), so hope to be more competitive this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'll do it again. Dangerous Rebels.

PPR League now set up with 12 teams. Masked Man and Eagle Eye are the two extra teams added to last year's 10. Everyone from last year, bar Vanilla Thrillas (Syferus) has confirmed their interest for this coming year, so we're practically good to go. I'm just waiting for Syferus to get back to me and we'll have a full complement.

I've provisionally set the draft date for Sunday September 2nd, at 8pm, so over six weeks time. I seem to remember it was around this time last year. If someone has a big problem with this time let me know and we'll see what we can organise, but otherwise that'll be it. All we need now is some football!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Oh, I'm in for next season.

Ok, we have a full complement. Divisions are as follows....

East
    Pick Sixes
    This is NOT Spongeys team
    Slinger/Lomira Owls/Lions
    Team lanigan
    Dangerous Rebels
    Foxboro Legends

West
    Inchicore Warriors
    Vanilla Thrillas
    Chicago Bears
    Salthill Saints
    Donoughmore Dynamos
    Mud Dogs

Just to repeat, draft is set for 8pm on Sunday September 2nd. That's tomorrow six weeks. I'll send out a reminder email the week before. If anyone has a serious problem with this time and date let me know. Otherwise, we'll leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Just to repeat, draft is set for 8pm on Sunday September 2nd.

Div 4 is heading for a draft at the same time. It's gonna suck if I have to do two drafts at the same time. Is it possible to move this one to Monday or some other day? Would imagine the Sunday evening will be a popular time for other Boards drafts, so might be good to move the PPR one to minimise clashes.

Advertisement