Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Was just looking at the Standings, it's really tight this year, eight of the teams are at 3-3 or better, and within a game of the playoffs. Looks like being an interesting second half of the season, almost everyone still in the mix. (and I've already won more games this year than in all of last, so it's all a bonus from here on in..:).)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I've started well but Randall Cobb getting injured is a massive blow

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=778149

Had a quick look at the draft. My top two picks have really worked out. The earliest "bust" for me is in Round 8 (and that wouldn't have been a starter). Moreno in the 11th looks a steal now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Going well (Gummi Bears), 5-2, with Gronkowski now back.

My draft picks and positional rankings:

1. CJ Spiller RB (32nd)
    2. Brandon Marshall WR (4th)
    3. Victor Cruz WR (7th)
    4. Lamar Miller RB (39th)
    5. Rob Gronkowski TE (somewhere low)
    6. Jordi Nelson WR (10th)
    7. Andrew Luck QB (6th)
    8. Rashard Mendenhall RB (28th)
    9. Ben Roethlisberger QB (23rd)
    10. Martellus Bennett TE (7th)
    11. Bears DEF (10th)
    12. Brian Hartline WR (28th)

Missed on my RB picks (can never seem to get those right), but have done well on WRs. Andrew Luck has been good as well. Getting Martellus Bennett in the 10th round has been big to keep things going without Gronkowski. That gamble is looking good right now, Gronk had 114 receiving yards last week in his first game back.

Bit of a problem now with Cutler out, Marshall's numbers will probably come down, but hopefully not too much.

Won this week by a single point

In the Monday game Matt Forte got me 28 while 4thandforever got 2 from Boykin and 8 from Crosby.

wow

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Won this week by a single point

In the Monday game Matt Forte got me 28 while 4thandforever got 2 from Boykin and 8 from Crosby.

wow

Saw that, goes to show that you never know with fantasy football. 4thandforever was big favourite going into last night.

Spare a thought for Foxboro, second highest score in the league this week, and still lost. Ow!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I have to say that was some turn around last night. Just goes to show what Aaron Rodgers means to Green Bay but Matt Forte earned his first round pick for you right there. Jared Boykin - one catch all night?!

I had been extremely lucky over the past weeks so it was overdue to turn around. I beat Slinger by two lucky points, beat Spongeys because Jay Cutler got hurt for him in the first quarter and the Dynamos as he left Caleb Sturgis as his kicker on a bye week. That run just couldn't continue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Things just not going right for me in this league. I'm the top points scorer but lie with a 4-5 record :confused:

Cecil Shorts or Josh Gordon (i know he's on a bye this week) are available to trade. Looking for a RB2

One point win to keep my playoff hopes alive. Phew. Let's hope there is no stat corrections later this week

One point win to keep my playoff hopes alive. Phew. Let's hope there is no stat corrections later this week

Mmmmmmm, "stat correction", I like the sound of that. I was about twenty points up and then Dalton hit Green for a TD, and you scored basically fifteen points on one play as you own both. Sickened to lose by one point. It's a real battle now for play off places.

I see you were offering Josh Gordon for trade a few weeks ago. Bet you´re glad no-one took you up on it... :)

• Advertisement

fisgon wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm, "stat correction", I like the sound of that. I was about twenty points up and then Dalton hit Green for a TD, and you scored basically fifteen points on one play as you own both. Sickened to lose by one point. It's a real battle now for play off places.

I see you were offering Josh Gordon for trade a few weeks ago. Bet you´re glad no-one took you up on it... :)

I had one offer of Trent Richardson for him but that didnt interest me at all. Glad i kept him and glad i benched V-Jax for him

I thought early on Sunday that i had no chance then Gordon went crazy. Mid way through 2nd quarter Dalton was -1 and Green was 4 and i thought again no chance but that TD rescued me and all i was left hoping for was no more Stacy points. I was 2 points clear at end but 2 kneel downs cost Dalton a point. Hopefully that didnt cost me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

6 teams with a possibility of making playoffs!?

Nice sweat tonight (Gummi Bears), need 26 from Brandon Marshall to win, projected to get 24.

Gah, 2nd highest scorers overall and I miss the play offs (finishing in 5th).

Best of luck to the 4 lads in those play offs though. I'll be back next year!

**** the Vikings.

GG Spongey.

Masked Man wrote: »
    **** the Vikings.

GG Spongey.

Cheers, well played Masked Man. Talk about saving the best for last. Everyone performed well and 174 pts with a kicker still to come is hard beat.

4 Boards leagues semi finals, one final, one championship. Think i'm ok with that return

Well done Spongey

Cheers, well played Masked Man. Talk about saving the best for last. Everyone performed well and 174 pts with a kicker still to come is hard beat.

4 Boards leagues semi finals, one final, one championship. Think i'm ok with that return

Yeah your team is unreal! I don't really mind losing, not a whole lot I could have done to change the result anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Congrats Spongey.

Wow, 174+ in the final, won it in style. Must be about the highest score all season.

• Advertisement

Yeah, congrats to Spongey, in the last eight weeks of the season his team was fairly unstoppable, and the result in the final was inevitable. (though I'm still smarting from being beaten by a point in week 13, but them's the breaks.) still, the strongest team won the league, I think.

Good season overall I thought, it was competitive right til the end. Hope we're all back next August.

PPR League is now reactivated. I know it is two months til the start of the season, but anyone who wants to sign up again may do so. I'll push it a bit more towards the end of July.

PPR League now up and running again. Post here or reply to email I sent out if you want to continue playing this year.

There is also the option, for the draft, of reversing the order of standings from last year, giving the winner - Spongey - the 12th pick in the first round and the worst team, - Owls/Lions - the first pick. Let me know what you think about this.

I'm in.
    fisgon wrote: »
    There is also the option, for the draft, of reversing the order of standings from last year, giving the winner - Spongey - the 12th pick in the first round and the worst team, - Owls/Lions - the first pick. Let me know what you think about this.

I think this only makes sense for a dynasty type league, where you're doing a full redraft, I don't think it's a good idea.

Had an idle thought about trying to get another 12 players for a second division. Not sure the numbers would be there, but I just like the promotion/relegation thing in the other boards leagues.

I'm in to defend my title. I'd be for a random draft order too

I'm back. Would also prefer random draft order, even though I'd prefer to pick at 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

In again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

I'll have a go again sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

If you try go ahead with a second division, I'm happy to start at the bottom and work my way up!

Advertisement