Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Keeper League

• 20-10-2011 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to the Keeper League will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I have Big Ben, Tebow or Eli Manning on the block if anyone needs a QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I got Shanahaned.
    I started Ryan Torain over Shonn Greene. Torain has 2 carries for minus 2 yards, while he gives Hightower 17 touches. Mike Shanahan, may you burn in hell.
    (by a stroke of luck I'm still up in that matchup, with a good chance of winning, no thanks to Mad Mike)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Thought I was screwed until I looked at the points Colston and Sproles picked up :D Opponent only has Jones Drew left to play and I have Boldin too ! Thinks starting to turn around for me in this league !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i hate A Rodg!! Lost by .2 because of him. But if I started the Bears D I'd have been fine. The life and times of a fantasy football player lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Go look at Dunluce Demons in this league. I seem to have somehow assembled the worst fantasy team anyone has ever seen. It's funny in a way :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Cam Newton wrote: »
    Go look at Dunluce Demons in this league. I seem to have somehow assembled the worst fantasy team anyone has ever seen. It's funny in a way :o

pah check out my team (Project Arcturus), my RBs and WRs are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 37,478 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I looked at this long term at the start. I went for WRs so that I have a good base for seasons to come. My certain keepers are Megatron(26), Nicks(23) and Harvin(23). After that I have a decisions to make before next season with Jonathon Stewart(24), Jermaine Gresham(23) and Joe Flacco(26) the front runners for the 4th spot although if Vincent Brown(22) has a couple of good games I could very well be holding onto four receivers.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I looked at this long term at the start. I went for WRs so that I have a good base for seasons to come. My certain keepers are Megatron(26), Nicks(23) and Harvin(23). After that I have a decisions to make before next season with Jonathon Stewart(24), Jermaine Gresham(23) and Joe Flacco(26) the front runners for the 4th spot although if Vincent Brown(22) has a couple of good games I could very well be holding onto four receivers.

what exactly are the rules for keepers in this league?

thinking AJ Green, Jimmy Graham and Decker at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,478 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

what exactly are the rules for keepers in this league?

thinking AJ Green, Jimmy Graham and Decker at the moment.
    You are allowed keep 4 players on your roster. It gets more interesting after a couple of seasons because you have 6 or more players that you want to keep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I have 5 players right now I want to keep.

Gronk, MJD, Welker, the two Jacksons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll most likely be keeping:

L.McCoy RB
    M.Wallace WR
    G.Jennings WR
    K.Britt WR

When do we confirm who we'll be keeping - at the end of this season or shortly before next years draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I'm 5-6 and unlikely to make the playoffs unless I win both my remaining matches and get lucky. My bench is rubbish so I picked up Schaub with a view to next year in case I dont keep Freeman. I will definately be keeping Foster and Jackson...

I think picking the keepers shortly before next seasons draft is a good idea as potential preseason injuries can then be taken into account. A week or so should be enough time to prepare for the draft...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I think we dont have to drop our players until before the draft (whenever that is set for). I'll be making my picks at the last possible moment just to make sure there isnt any injury issues. At the moment i have 3 keepers, Forte, Gore & Andre Johnson. After that i havent a clue who i'll keep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'll have decisions to make. AP, and probably Demarco Murray are certs at this stage. Then i'll pick 2 out of Big Ben, Tebow, Roddy White and Manningham. Reggie Wayne is also a dark horse if Manning comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Is there any advantage to keeping only 2/3 players?

I noticed someone dropped Miles Austin last week. I could maybe understand it if this was a normal league, but this is a f#cking keeper league! What is going on here? Is there something fishy? He dropped him to pick up Brad f..king Smith!

(maybe I'm just annoyed that I put in a waiver claim for him and didn-t get him)

Is next years draft random or is it based on a reverse of this years standings like the nfl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Is next years draft random or is it based on a reverse of this years standings like the nfl?

Never considered that, I suppose the best would be have it reverse order of standings. I'll throw up a poll closer to the start of the new season, there'll probably be a few things that need to be decided given the nature of the league.

The NFL league website will take care of all that. I would say that it will probably still be a snake draft but not sure whether the order is decided by reverse standings or random. I also think the draft order is not much of a factor seeing as the studs will not be there.

I just checked the final standings and I got the final wildcard place for the championship series with a 6-7 record :D

I was 5-7 going into the round so alot of results must have gone my way for this to happen :)

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    I just checked the final standings and I got the final wildcard place for the championship series with a 6-7 record :D

I was 5-7 going into the round so alot of results must have gone my way for this to happen :)

Yeah i was holding that 6th place before the weekend but got my ass kicked by 50+ points this weekend to go to 6-7 and pipped by you on points. Bradford becoming inactive and Forte going down did not help my cause at all but even if i got full games out of them i would have still lost

Semi Finals this week, about to get under way....Having just gone one and done in Division One playoffs, this is my last Boards league...

Pick Sixes (5) V Lomira Lions (1)

I'm playing TO's number one seed, and feeling like I could pull off the upset. He's got MJD, and apart from that he is very Patriots dependant, with Welker and my nemesis The Gronk on his team. Here's hoping the Denver D has worked out how to stop those boys.

Henry le Cheat (6) V Oh look an Eagle (2)

Henry le Cheat going for the double, having led all the way and finally won the Boards Fantasy baseball league I was in earlier in the year. Adrian's Eagles are favourites, by twenty odd points, but I see it being closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

fisgon wrote: »
    Semi Finals this week, about to get under way....Having just gone one and done in Division One playoffs, this is my last Boards league...

Pick Sixes (5) V Lomira Lions (1)

I'm playing TO's number one seed, and feeling like I could pull off the upset. He's got MJD, and apart from that he is very Patriots dependant, with Welker and my nemesis The Gronk on his team. Here's hoping the Denver D has worked out how to stop those boys.

Henry le Cheat (6) V Oh look an Eagle (2)

Henry le Cheat going for the double, having led all the way and finally won the Boards Fantasy baseball league I was in earlier in the year. Adrian's Eagles are favourites, by twenty odd points, but I see it being closer

Decent start for me with Matt Ryan putting up 20.96 points. Pity that Greg Jennings is out though, joining Kenny Britt on my bench.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Decent start for me with Matt Ryan putting up 20.96 points. Pity that Greg Jennings is out though, joining Kenny Britt on my bench.
    Yes its a good start. I cant afford to leave 40+points on the bench like I did last week. I'm hoping that its a good matchup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

Never considered that, I suppose the best would be have it reverse order of standings. I'll throw up a poll closer to the start of the new season, there'll probably be a few things that need to be decided given the nature of the league.
    How many of the current team are you allowed to keep?

Raoul wrote: »
    How many of the current team are you allowed to keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm not in this keeper league but instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd ask here. I'm in an ESPN keeper league, and is it whatever keepers you select, you don't get a draft pick in the round your drafted your keeper?

What if you picked your keeper off the waivers?

Absolutely sickened by my team's performance this week in the semi. Total let-down, especially from Eli and Jordy Nelson. The Lions only scored 62 points, and yet still beat me by 1.5, must be the worst joint semi final score in Boards leagues history 62.76 - 61.38.

I was worried about Gronk and Welker on the Lions, and for once they did nothing. He was there for the taking, and all I needed to win was even a mediocre showing from Eli, which I didn't get. Blah! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Won the final in this one 107.16 to 80.82 over Oh Look An Eagle

Two best teams throughout the season went 1,2 in the rankings.

Who would have thought Kyle Orton/Andy Dalton at QB would have gotten me a win. Jones Drew, Welker and Gronkowski being my top earners.

• Advertisement

Won the final in this one 107.16 to 80.82 over Oh Look An Eagle

Two best teams throughout the season went 1,2 in the rankings.

Who would have thought Kyle Orton/Andy Dalton at QB would have gotten me a win. Jones Drew, Welker and Gronkowski being my top earners.

Congrats!! Was a good competitive league, can't wait for next year.

So I've asked this before but I dont think it was answered fully, what do I give up for each keeper? Is it the round the player was drafted in or is it one keeper = give up first round pick, 2 keepers = give up first two round picks? Cheers!

Advertisement