Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Keeper League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Gonna be real hard for me to make this draft unfortunately, heading to the Ireland game at 7.45. Hopefully i'll get someone to draft for me, otherwise it'll be the dreaded autopick

You can choose "pre-draft rankings" before the draft. It is not perfect, but at least you can narrow down who you might like to take. you can also make a list of players that you definitely don´t want, and autopick will ignore them.

Raoul wrote: »
    I have Sanders if anyone is interested in him. Probably going to be my 2nd keeper.

Can we trade picks?

Trading picks is tricky, as we don't know draft order until 30 mins before the draft starts. You could be trading 1st pick, or 16th. Order is randomised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I have Sanders if anyone is interested in him. Probably going to be my 2nd keeper.

Can we trade picks?

What are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Draft order should be based on last seasons record no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

fisgon wrote: »
    You can choose "pre-draft rankings" before the draft. It is not perfect, but at least you can narrow down who you might like to take. you can also make a list of players that you definitely don´t want, and autopick will ignore them.

Sorry to butt in but I have a query about the pre-draft rankings. If you have this populated with your wish list of players, can you still take part in the live draft? Or will it automatically pick based on your pre-draft rankings?

• Advertisement

As long as you're logged in, you get to pick.
    If you're not there, it will go by your rankings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

BizzyC wrote: »
    As long as you're logged in, you get to pick.
    If you're not there, it will go by your rankings.

Cheers, thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Masked Man wrote: »
    Draft order should be based on last seasons record no?

Should be. its still a snake draft but order of the first round is the reverse of the standings last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭boccy23

Should be. its still a snake draft but order of the first round is the reverse of the standings last year
    Did we not struggle with this last year or was that in Baeball??
    I know in one we had to come back a second night.

I just took over GM a couple of weeks ago, and so don't remember this, or wasn't informed about it.

Also, there are a couple of new people this year, where will they fit in? If anyone has last year's standings handy I might be able to arrange this now, but it may have to just be a random order at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

New people are taking over existing teams. It's just whatever record that team had last year.

Edit: last year's standing are in the history section. Draft order should not be randomised IMO.

Ok done. Draft is reverse order of standings from last year.

New owners' positions have been randomised within the remaining positions. I have no idea who took over from who, as much of this happened before I took up GM. It shouldn't matter anyway, as new players haven't yet "earned" a draft position and so it should be random for them.

Ok done. Draft is reverse order of standings from last year.

New owners' positions have been randomised within the remaining positions. I have no idea who took over from who, as much of this happened before I took up GM. It shouldn't matter anyway, as new players haven't yet "earned" a draft position and so it should be random for them.

Dang, I was going to inherit the 2nd pick....oh well I'm keeping 4 players anyway so it'll be a while before my first pick as it is.

This may help with the new owners and where they should be

Pick 2 Believe in Eli replaced by The Fear Boners
    Pick 3 Project Acturus replaced by Cookies Cowboys
    Pick 5 SL Lions replaced by Limpars Legends
    Pick 11 Fred West Landscaping replaced by Caught Red Hernandez
    Pick 14 Dunluce Demons replaced by Vinegar Strokes
    Pick 15 Henry le Cheat replaced by P-Town Pier Sixes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

What are you looking for?

RB.

Any chance you can post up the draft order please? I can't find last years standings. Found them.

1st Place
    Prestige Worldwide
    Shaun
    Reg. Season: 8-5-0, 1,150.32 Points For
    2nd Place
    Henry Le Cheat
    Patrick
    Reg. Season: 9-4-0, 1,293.76 Points For
    3rd Place
    Dunluce Demons
    Kevyn
    Reg. Season: 9-4-0, 1,174.34 Points For
    4th Place
    Westbest
    5th Place
    Oh Look An Eagle
    6th Place
    Fred West Landscaping
    7th Place
    Pick Sixes
    8th Place
    Fluffy Crocodiles
    9th Place
    Show Me Them TD's
    10th Place
    Eagle Eye Patriots
    11th Place
    Boccys Jockeys
    12th Place
    SL Lions
    13th Place
    Dundalk Oriels
    14th Place
    Project Arcturus
    15th Place
    Believe in Eli
    16th Place
    Desert Bluff Vultures

RB.

Doug Martin?

Doug Martin?

Don't think I would chance taking Doug Martin as my 2nd keeper.

Thanks to Spongey for info on new players. Can't check it but I assume he knows what he is talking about.... Draft order here...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31EOA3GQZWWazh0NWJ5REYxRlE/view?usp=sharing

Did people put their keepers as keeper no. 3 and no. 4 and then get a pick in the first round and second round?

If so, that is bad form imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Did people put their keepers as keeper no. 3 and no. 4 and then get a pick in the first round and second round?

I didn't think that was allowed.

I didn't think that was allowed.

I don't know if it happened, for definite, but if it did then that is underhanded.

Edit - Yep that definitely happened. Don't know who all did it but just see that Eagle Eye Patriots took AJ Green in the first round despite having a keeper in the second. :(:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I don't know if it happened, for definite, but if it did then that is underhanded.

Edit - Yep that definitely happened. Don't know who all did it but just see that Eagle Eye Patriots took AJ Green in the first round despite having a keeper in the second. :(:mad::mad:

I did it too, got Edelman. Nothing underhand about my intentions, just the way I selected/deselcted my keepers over the past few weeks.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I did it too, got Edelman. Nothing underhand about my intentions, just the way I selected/deselcted my keepers over the past few weeks.

Right but come on...if I had of known I could have put my two keepers to the 3rd and 4th rounds and I would have had picks way higher than I did. Ridiculous tbh. :mad:

Edit - Pretty sure that the majority of people did the same as me. Otherwise people would probably not have kept a 4th keeper and had a pick in the first round. I would have had AJ Green instead of Chris Ivory. :(

Don't think it is underhanded, if I had known that it was possible I would have done the same. If it's possible, then it is not illegal, as far as the league goes. A loophole, but some people took advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

I thought it was a bit ridiculous as well to be honest.
    New to the league so it's tough enough to inherit a team and figure out how the keepers etc work, without losing out further due to quirks of the system!

Don't think it is underhanded, if I had known that it was possible I would have done the same. If it's possible, then it is not illegal, as far as the league goes. A loophole, but some people took advantage.

It's clearly cheating it's been said again and again on here that you lose your first rounder for your first keeper your second for your second and so on. You broke the rules and you knew you where breaking the rules so less of the loophole nonsense

Edit: sorry just realised you didn't do it yourself

Typical it is a Patriots fan though isn't it. :rolleyes:

Taking advantage of a loophole that other people don't know about...I think that is pretty underhanded?

It was in the rules for last year alright: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91913589&postcount=333
    Round 1 of the draft will only involve people who have not set any Keepers.
    Round 2 will involve people who have set 1 or less Keepers.
    Round 3 will involve people have set 2 or less Keepers.
    Round 4 will involve people who have set 3 or less Keepers.
    Round 5 onwards will involve everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Not me, I kept 2 and had them in slots 1 & 2. Like others I didn't realise there was a loophole but I would have thought all slots were equal.

Unfortunately I had to miss the draft due to a family emergency so the team that was auto drafted for me (I have 2 kickers) will take some work to be competitive :(

Not much to be done about it now, but the keepers/picks setup is something that needs to be cleared up for next year.

So...trade talk.
    I have Adrian Peterson and Doug Martin, I'd be willing to part with one as part of an upgrade at QB or WR/T

Didn't realize that it was in the rules, in that case it is certainly questionable.

I reckon that a couple of people here worked it out and kept quiet about it. I wasn't aware that this was even a possibility, otherwise I would have stopped it before it happened. We could re-draft, though I reckon that that would be a lot of hassle, two days before the season starts.

We'll know for future seasons (I can't believe that it hasn't happened before now, this is the fourth year of this league). If anyone has an idea about how to balance this up, maybe correct things a little, we can talk about it.

I'm trying to work out who exactly pulled this fast one, but unfortunately the draft history on the league site includes keepers, and so doesn't actually tell who picked when.

Didn't realize that it was in the rules, in that case it is certainly questionable.

I reckon that a couple of people here worked it out and kept quiet about it. I wasn't aware that this was even a possibility, otherwise I would have stopped it before it happened. We could re-draft, though I reckon that that would be a lot of hassle, two days before the season starts.

We'll know for future seasons (I can't believe that it hasn't happened before now, this is the fourth year of this league). If anyone has an idea about how to balance this up, maybe correct things a little, we can talk about it.

I'm trying to work out who exactly pulled this fast one, but unfortunately the draft history on the league site includes keepers, and so doesn't actually tell who picked when.

It was only 2 people that got 1st rounders when they shouldnt and that was Guappa and Eagle Eye but i dont actually believe they intentionally did it. I'm not sure if this is a new feature in the league as its never come up before but we would want to shut it off for future years

It was only 2 people that got 1st rounders when they shouldnt and that was Guappa and Eagle Eye but i dont actually believe they intentionally did it. I'm not sure if this is a new feature in the league as its never come up before but we would want to shut it off for future years

Maybe it has happened before and we didn't notice. Anyway, I don't think it should go unpunished. It is far too big of an advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

To be fair there is nothing there about being required to assign keeper 1 to slot 1, etc. It's fair to have assumed, IMO, that the draft client would take care of that for you - i.e. that if I set 2 keepers, regardless of what way I slot them, then my first pick will be in round 3.

What has been overlooked is that AJ Green and Demaryius Thomas were available. Unless I've missed some news that's two Top 8 WR's not used as keepers? Surely there availability should be more of an issue?

• Advertisement

To be fair there is nothing there about being required to assign keeper 1 to slot 1, etc. It's fair to have assumed, IMO, that the draft client would take care of that for you - i.e. that if I set 2 keepers, regardless of what way I slot them, then my first pick will be in round 3.

What has been overlooked is that AJ Green and Demaryius Thomas were available. Unless I've missed some news that's two Top 8 WR's not used as keepers? Surely there availability should be more of an issue?

Why? That is up to the people that had those players whether they wanted to keep them. Perhaps they let them go thinking they could get someone better with their first round pick, an RB perhaps. Or maybe they just forgot to set their keepers by accident!

My impression is that Cookie´s Cowboys didn't set any keepers, and so threw back all his players. He also wasn't there for the draft. Not sure if this was true of anyone else, but that may explain Greene and Thomas. Autopick actually ended up giving him Thomas anyway.

I take what Mr.Guappa was saying, I don't think we should automatically assume that there was something underhand going on, it was possibly inadvertent. I certainly had no idea that getting a first rounder but missing rounds 2, 3 and 4 was possible. I also don't think we should be talking about "punishment". Ideally we would try and fix this, but if we start moving around draft picks that have already happened, things are going to get very complicated, and end up pissing off even more people.

I would say we put it down to experience, play the season, and fix it next year. It's not a perfect solution, but at this stage there is no perfect solution other than re-running the draft, which I would not advocate.

Let's wait and see what the guy who did it says. It is a huge advantage though not just for this season but for next season too. Like I started off badly in this league and didn't have any keepers really and I still don't (only had 2). So to get an extra dead set keeper is a huge advantage (too big to ignore).

It is a big advantage when you look at the long run, but the way it worked out isn't too bad, neither team who got the picks looks to be in a position to run away with anything.

At this point, it's unfair to penalize them for a bad system, unless one of them knew what was going to happen, we'll have to chalk it up to a bad draft and learn for next year.
    I'd say the bigger issue is the inactive + no keeper teams.

If it was just Eagle Eye and Guappa, then we are talking about AJ Greene and Julian Edelman. I think Greene is a big advantage, Edelman not so much IMO.

Anyway, my proposal would be that the two guys can use their 1st round picks for this year, but have to throw them back next year, they cannot keep either Edelman or Greene. People can let me know what they think.

It's not ideal, but is the closest we are going to get I reckon.

• Advertisement

It is a big advantage when you look at the long run, but the way it worked out isn't too bad, neither team who got the picks looks to be in a position to run away with anything.

At this point, it's unfair to penalize them for a bad system, unless one of them knew what was going to happen, we'll have to chalk it up to a bad draft and learn for next year.
    I'd say the bigger issue is the inactive + no keeper teams.

I will face him twice as he is in my division.

The no keepers thing and being inactive will affect mainly the person who did that and they are at a disadvantage. So not really the same as someone gaining a considerable advantage over others.

If it was just Eagle Eye and Guappa, then we are talking about AJ Greene and Julian Edelman. I think Greene is a big advantage, Edelman not so much IMO.

Anyway, my proposal would be that the two guys can use their 1st round picks for this year, but have to throw them back next year, they cannot keep either Edelman or Greene. People can let me know what they think.

It's not ideal, but is the closest we are going to get I reckon.

I think this is too much. If the draft went the way it should have then Eagle Eye would have had a pick in the second round instead of the first. OK he would not have got AJ Green but we would have gotten someone who would have been keeper material and not much worse off than Green. So he got a little advantage over us in this draft. I would say let it go, move on and make sure it doesnt happen again

I think this is too much. If the draft went the way it should have then Eagle Eye would have had a pick in the second round instead of the first. OK he would not have got AJ Green but we would have gotten someone who would have been keeper material and not much worse off than Green. So he got a little advantage over us in this draft. I would say let it go, move on and make sure it doesnt happen again

green is one of the premier receivers in the league whoever he got most certainly would have been worse

green is one of the premier receivers in the league whoever he got most certainly would have been worse

I did say he would have been worse off but not by much. Without seeing who had picks in the first round i cant say for sure who would have been available for EE for his second round pick but i do know Jimmy Graham was available as he was taken by Cookies Cowboys after EE's second round pick. Now i know i would prefer Green but there isnt a significant drop off to Graham and Graham is definitely keeper material

I did say he would have been worse off but not by much. Without seeing who had picks in the first round i cant say for sure who would have been available for EE for his second round pick but i do know Jimmy Graham was available as he was taken by Cookies Cowboys after EE's second round pick. Now i know i would prefer Green but there isnt a significant drop off to Graham and Graham is definitely keeper material

Without a doubt and at the very least I don't think they should be allowed to keep these players next year.

Anyone have Ted Wells' phone number handy?

Without a doubt and at the very least I don't think they should be allowed to keep these players next year.

Have to agree. It's one thing to allow the 1st round to stand this year, but to have this effect future leagues, I think that can't be acceptable. I'm not sure how it would have worked out, as we haven't heard from EE himself, but it is possible that he got a 1st rounder instead of a third or fourth rounder, a significant advantage.

Whatever, if the mistaken first rounders can be kept, then you are simply extending the imbalance into future years.

Commish, did you try and find out what the story was with Eagle Eye? Been online. Has prob seen the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I originally had two keepers and then decided to just keep Megatron.

I was due a second round pick and I don't think it would have made a difference in my case if I had a second round pick.

It's the people who only kept one or two players and ended up picking in the first and second rounds that are the issue here. My pick was a first rounder instead of a second and I don't think it affected things at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

eagle eye wrote: »
    My pick was a first rounder instead of a second and I don't think it affected things at all.

Lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement