Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Keeper League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

eagle eye wrote: »
    I originally had two keepers and then decided to just keep Megatron.

I was due a second round pick and I don't think it would have made a difference in my case if I had a second round pick.

It's the people who only kept one or two players and ended up picking in the first and second rounds that are the issue here. My pick was a first rounder instead of a second and I don't think it affected things at all.

I think if you had a second round pick you wouldn't have got AJ Green. I think that's the issue. Green is a difference maker in any league.

We don't know if there was anyone else, apart from EE and Mr Guappa, who got a first or second that they shouldn't have. The draft history is no help, it doesn't mark which players were kept and so the keepers are simply marked as a normal draft pick. So unless people were to own up about it, it's hard to track down. If anyone knows of another way to investigate this, they can let me know. I suspect that there weren't many more than the two mentioned though.

I don't really want to turn this into the Spanish Inquisition. I don't think we should be accusing people of anything, let's just accept that there was a glitch in the system, and that some people got a first rounder that they shouldn't have, whether by accident or design. Let's play the league and move on.

However, I do think we need to discuss whether those first rounders can be kept next year. It may be harsh, but I don't think they should be. People can let me know what they think, I can put up (another!) poll if need be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

There was only two as when the draft client opened up it only showed the first 2 rounds on the left hand side.

I think that punishment of not being allowed to keep those keepers is extremely harsh for what was a genuine error (i'll happily take EE's word for it). As i mentioned earlier if the picks were in proper order and EE's pick was in the second round instead of the first he could have had Jimmy Graham in his slot instead of AJ Green. Whilst i accept that Green is an upgrade over Graham its not as much as ye guys think. I noticed during the Premier draft that Green was ranked 23 and Graham was 31. Thats just 8 places. If EE had gotten Graham had the draft gone as normal then that is a good keeper option for next year.

To not allow him to keep Green is just way too much for the unintentional error that was made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

There was only two as when the draft client opened up it only showed the first 2 rounds on the left hand side.

I think that punishment of not being allowed to keep those keepers is extremely harsh for what was a genuine error (i'll happily take EE's word for it). As i mentioned earlier if the picks were in proper order and EE's pick was in the second round instead of the first he could have had Jimmy Graham in his slot instead of AJ Green. Whilst i accept that Green is an upgrade over Graham its not as much as ye guys think. I noticed during the Premier draft that Green was ranked 23 and Graham was 31. Thats just 8 places. If EE had gotten Graham had the draft gone as normal then that is a good keeper option for next year.

To not allow him to keep Green is just way too much for the unintentional error that was made.

He didn't even say for definite that it was an accident. And anyway...even if he wasn't allowed to keep Green, he would still have a pick in place of that keeper. So I don't think it is even that great of a punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Limpar wrote: »
    Lol.
    This is the stupidest post in this thread. Well done.

fisgon wrote: »
    I think if you had a second round pick you wouldn't have got AJ Green. I think that's the issue. Green is a difference maker in any league.

We don't know if there was anyone else, apart from EE and Mr Guappa, who got a first or second that they shouldn't have. The draft history is no help, it doesn't mark which players were kept and so the keepers are simply marked as a normal draft pick. So unless people were to own up about it, it's hard to track down. If anyone knows of another way to investigate this, they can let me know. I suspect that there weren't many more than the two mentioned though.

I don't really want to turn this into the Spanish Inquisition. I don't think we should be accusing people of anything, let's just accept that there was a glitch in the system, and that some people got a first rounder that they shouldn't have, whether by accident or design. Let's play the league and move on.

However, I do think we need to discuss whether those first rounders can be kept next year. It may be harsh, but I don't think they should be. People can let me know what they think, I can put up (another!) poll if need be.
    If everybody had their proper picks I certainly would have had AJ Green and maybe even a better option. I didn't intentionally leave myself with a first round pick either but I think it's clear that some people did.

Raoul wrote: »
    He didn't even say for definite that it was an accident. And anyway...even if he wasn't allowed to keep Green, he would still have a pick in place of that keeper. So I don't think it is even that great of a punishment.

A pick in the 4th round is not the same thing as a 2nd round talent

A pick in the 4th round is not the same thing as a 2nd round talent

He can still have a 2nd round talent, just not AJ Green. That is if he only keeps one.

Eagle_eye...who else left themselves with a first round pick? I thought that we established that only 2 people did this.

I thought there were two ahead of me with first round picks. There seemed to be a lot of people with second round picks. How name teams only had one keeper?

I had only one keeper and it still showed up as a first round pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is the stupidest post in this thread. Well done.

I think you already won that pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

FFS lads, can we stop bickering about this and move on.
    The system allowed it to happen, it wasn't done intentionally on the part of the guys who did it.

The season has kicked off, lets focus on football.

May as well make a few mistakes myself so

On another topic, just to be clear about Free Agents this year.

The WAB system won in the poll, so after Monday night if we want to pick up free agents we will have to bid on them. Everyone starts with $100 and your bids are secret, so you have to judge how much you want to spend, and what it will take to get a player. Then on Wednesday the FAs are allocated, highest bidder for each one wins. Remember, the $100 has to last you the whole season.

If you want to just change your kicker or something, then you can just wait til after waivers are processed on Wednesday, and all players are free agents again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭boccy23

In some systems it is $1 more than the second highest bid. Are we playing where what you bid, you pay irrespective of how much more you have bid than the second highest bidder?

Also, how does Waiver Priority work now?

boccy23 wrote: »
    In some systems it is $1 more than the second highest bid. Are we playing where what you bid, you pay irrespective of how much more you have bid than the second highest bidder?

Also, how does Waiver Priority work now?

As far as I can see it is the standard FAB system, you bid 40, you pay 40. There is no indication of any variation on this. Does not matter how much the second place bid is.

Also, it seems that waiver priority is there simply as a tiebreak in case two people bid the same amount for a player. Once the season starts it is based on the inverse order of standings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

That $1 more thing would be horrible. Just bid the max every time?

Def should just be that you bid whatever you think the player is worth and live with it.

Masked Man wrote: »

Def should just be that you bid whatever you think the player is worth and live with it.

Not the way it works in reality. If you did that and another person did the same, then your $100 would be gone in one go. Too big a risk to bid the max.

Just to confirm, you have €100 (or they are actually using points now, but it's the same thing) for the whole season. So you can't bid the max every time, you can only do that once, and all your budget is gone. And that's probably not a good idea.

So the 100 has to last you for 14 weeks (not sure how the playoffs come into this actually, must look that up). Say Jamal Charles gets injured in week one and is out for the season, then Knile Davis becomes v. valuable. You have to decide if you want to go all out and bid 70, 80, or 90 for him, or even more. But you also want to keep some budget to pick up other players later on. If you bid 90 and get him, you only have 10 left for the rest of the season. It's a balance. (And a skill, I think)

Anyway, maybe you did get that, but from your post it seems that you might not have been clear on how the system works, so important to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I know how it works. We have one in the dynasty league.

I just never heard of the $1 more system and I don't like the sound of it.

Limpar wrote: »
    I think you already won that pal.
    I might have been leading before you turned up but I am pretty certain that I don't have even one post that beats your worst in my 19000+ posts.

• Advertisement

I know how it works. We have one in the dynasty league.

I just never heard of the $1 more system and I don't like the sound of it.

Yeah, I kind of thought that, but wasn't sure. Still, it is no harm to clarify, as it is the first time we are using it in this league, some people may not have played this before.

I have no reason to suspect that the system is the one that Boccy mentioned, I too don't like the sound of it, and have never played it, it seems kind of pointless.

Interesting to see the first results of the waiver auctions.

Some teams have spent a decent chunk of their allotment for the season already.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Interesting to see the first results of the waiver auctions.

Some teams have spent a decent chunk of their allotment for the season already.

Some absolute madness going on! :pac:

The real fun will start if a top tier RB goes down for the season and his backup is a free agent.

Until then it is very hard to judge, do you hold all your budget just in case, or blow it in trying to get mid-level guys who might do nothing? 29 for Karlos Williams does seem a little steep though....

Yeah that is true. If McCoy goes down then whoever picked up Karlos Williams will be laughing.

Hi All

I am offering up Aaron Rogers and any combination of WR for a decent #1 RB.

I have OBJ, Antonio Brown and Jeremy Maclin as my top 3 who are all very good keepers.

So a combination of Rogers + 1 for a RB#1 and probably a QB or something else would interest me.

I am looking at value and will not accept the first thing thrown my way. But I am getting tired of missing on RBs and having WR depth.

Check your PMs

Jesus. 69.62 - 69.58. I won by four hundreths of a point :)

That AJ Green pick seems to be working out ok. :)

Yeah that is true. If McCoy goes down then whoever picked up Karlos Williams will be laughing.

That Karlos Williams pick up is looking a bit better now......:)

• Advertisement

fisgon wrote: »
    That Karlos Williams pick up is looking a bit better now......:)

Definitely. Williams looks excellent. I have him in another league where I also have McCoy. :)

Big week ahead, the last two unbeaten teams going head to head

There goes my unbeaten streak...I thought my strong start would phase out eventually.

Looking to trade for a top quality WR or a top QB, anyone on my roster is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looking to trade for a top quality WR or a top QB, anyone on my roster is available.

What is your team name?

Dundalk Oriels.

Crap, can someone do me a favour and block that trade between myself and Dundalk Oriels?
    I tried to reject it on my phone, but it's gone through as accepted.

It's not a bad offer, I just need Greg Olsen a lot more than the players on offer.

Edit: Looking at some of the threads it looks like I'm not the first person to have a rejected trade on the app show up as accepted

Crap, can someone do me a favour and block that trade between myself and Dundalk Oriels?
    I tried to reject it on my phone, but it's gone through as accepted.

It's not a bad offer, I just need Greg Olsen a lot more than the players on offer.

Edit: Looking at some of the threads it looks like I'm not the first person to have a rejected trade on the app show up as accepted

I had to look at the trade again to make sure that I didn't offer you some absolute dross or something. It's not a bad trade. I looked to see if I could cancel it, I can't, sorry!

I had to look at the trade again to make sure that I didn't offer you some absolute dross or something. It's not a bad trade. I looked to see if I could cancel it, I can't, sorry!

Yeah, decent offer, but I'm the best stocked team in the league for RB so loosing my starting TE for another backup RB doesn't make much sense.

I think someone else in the league can vote against it, or a LM can block it.
    Even if we were to trade back, it'd have to wait till after this week and I'd be left fielding an incomplete lineup.

• Advertisement

Yeah, decent offer, but I'm the best stocked team in the league for RB so loosing my starting TE for another backup RB doesn't make much sense.

Even if we were to trade back, it'd have to wait till after this week and I'd be left fielding an incomplete lineup.

I think the commish can add/drop players anyway.

We had this issue in the Premier, one of those players involved in the trade is playing tonight so he will already have played by time the trade is processed. The system will automatically process it after this weeks games. If it doesnt get enough reject votes you can trade back early next week and no effect will be on peoples games this week or next

Its showing as going ahead on Sunday morning, so that will be before Olsen plays and I'll be short a W/T this week...

We had this issue in the Premier, one of those players involved in the trade is playing tonight so he will already have played by time the trade is processed. The system will automatically process it after this weeks games. If it doesnt get enough reject votes you can trade back early next week and no effect will be on peoples games this week or next

Ah FFS, that was me in the premier too. Didn't even cop on that the trade wouldn't go through this week when I was offering it. You should be ahright then Bizzy, it didn't go through in the other league until after the games.

EDIT - Well for this week anyway.

Anyone interested in trading for Langford and Russel Wilson? I need a top QB.

Chris Ivory is available too if you can make a good enough offer.

Shot myself in the foot this week, benched Martin for Hill and lost by a few....I think I'm losing my edge.

• Advertisement

Can one of the GM's reverse that trade now that it's complete?

If we try to do a re-trade back then Raoul will be left waiting another week to have those players available to trade.

If we try to do a re-trade back then Raoul will be left waiting another week to have those players available to trade.

That would be great! :)

Ok, can the two people involved just confirm their team names, and the players that need to be moved, and also confirm that you are both happy with the de-trade. I can do that this week if so.

Dundalk Oriels, it was Langford and Wilson for Olsen and Taylor.

Done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement