Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Keeper League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

fisgon wrote: »
    This league is now activated. Anyone who wants to continue this year should post here, as some have already done. I am the commish as of now, if someone wants to take it on this year i would be happy to hand over as I am already commishing PPR league. If not, I can continue.

I don't mind acting as commissioner for this if you want to concentrate on the PPR league.
    Thanks for that. You are Westbest, right? I have transferred League Owner powers to you, which I think is the same as GM. Maybe check it out and see, get back to me if there is any prob.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Thanks for that. You are Westbest, right? I have transferred League Owner powers to you, which I think is the same as GM. Maybe check it out and see, get back to me if there is any prob.

Seems to have transferred successfully. Have you left the league entirely or is it someone else? We are missing a player anyway.

Seems to have transferred successfully. Have you left the league entirely or is it someone else? We are missing a player anyway.
    No, I haven't left, still in. Not sure who has left, I can have a look and get back to you.

Sent you PM about this and other stuff. ( apologies, it wouldn't send originally and then I think I may have sent it twice.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm back again - Oh Look An Eagle.

Also, the vinegar strokes were inactive last year and were to get booted out this year (see a few pages back in this thread).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Guys if this is a dynasty league is be interested in taking a spot if ones open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

brinty wrote: »
    Guys if this is a dynasty league is be interested in taking a spot if ones open
    I think there is 1 spot available. We have 4 keepers so not quite dynasty. You interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Raoul wrote:
    I think there is 1 spot available. We have 4 keepers so not quite dynasty. You interested?
    I've gotten into another dynasty league lads thanks
    I'll only do one this season as I'm GM git another fantasy league

I'll be having a proper look at inactives etc at the weekend and sticking up the draft poll.

Right lads sorry for the delay - I have removed The Vinegar Strokes and Show me them TD's as they were both inactive in the past year, this was discussed a few pages back I believe.

We have 3 vacancies for the league this year. I'll post in the main fantasy thread to see if there are takers, shouldn't be a problem I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Also,

I am proposing to set the keeper lock date to one day before the chosen draft date. Each team should then have to post their keepers in this thread - should help to avoid a situation as per last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭billr67

Hi Guys I'll take one of the open slots if it's still available, if I'm allowed in do I inherit a team or start from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

I'll take a spot if still open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭boccy23

Are we definitely going to avoid last year's debacle over where the keepers were allocated if not all 4 keepers are kept?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

If you are still looking for someone get back to me.
    Thx.

New members have been invited.

I have made a massive mix up though whereby i removed the teams that were inactive last year rather than just the owners. obvious problem here is that the players on those teams have been put into the FA pool. I will try to rectify this tomorrow evening.

Link to poll for draft times VOTE HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Cheers for the invite :) So how is this working? Are the new joiners starting off from fresh now, or do i have the option of inheriting keepers off the team that I'm replacing? And also, any reason why we're playing a WR/TE flex??

It's my first time doing a keeper league so I'm a lil rusty. Will go on and vote for the time now too.

Thanks

New members have been invited.

I have made a massive mix up though whereby i removed the teams that were inactive last year rather than just the owners. obvious problem here is that the players on those teams have been put into the FA pool. I will try to rectify this tomorrow evening.

Link to poll for draft times VOTE HERE
    Did you get this rectified? :)

gerryfed wrote: »
    Cheers for the invite :) So how is this working? Are the new joiners starting off from fresh now, or do i have the option of inheriting keepers off the team that I'm replacing? And also, any reason why we're playing a WR/TE flex??

It's my first time doing a keeper league so I'm a lil rusty. Will go on and vote for the time now too.

Thanks

Welcome to the league. I would presume that you will get the chance to keep the players that you have inherited.

I was able to keep players from the team I inherited so it must have been fixed.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Welcome to the league. I would presume that you will get the chance to keep the players that you have inherited.

Cheers mate :)

I don't have any options when I go to the Keeper tab. It just says...

'KEEPERS

Your team roster for the 2015 season did not exist. Your League Manager can designate keepers for your team via LM tools. Contact the LM for more information.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

My keepers are selected fwiw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

eagle eye wrote:
    I looked at this long term at the start. I went for WRs so that I have a good base for seasons to come. My certain keepers are Megatron(26), Nicks(23) and Harvin(23).

Not making fun, but it's amazing how quickly things change in the NFL :eek:

Not making fun, but it's amazing how quickly things change in the NFL :eek:

I won it last year and I don't think I will keep any of my players. :pac: Feck long term planning.

Update on the keeper situation. Found a way to find last years rosters. I'll be in contact with the new guys in relation to selecting their keepers and can manually update their picks (if any).

I'm setting tomorrow evening as the final date for voting in the draft poll. This gives everyone time to set their keepers and for me to write down everyone's keepers to ensure the draft is done properly this year.

Update on the keeper situation. Found a way to find last years rosters. I'll be in contact with the new guys in relation to selecting their keepers and can manually update their picks (if any).

I'm setting tomorrow evening as the final date for voting in the draft poll. This gives everyone time to set their keepers and for me to write down everyone's keepers to ensure the draft is done properly this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Main thing is to ensure people have their keepers in the right slots if they are not keeping 4. I dont know if you can spot this before the draft starts or will we first be aware of it when the draft room opens

Also am i right in saying the draft order is the reverse of the last years standings?

Actually if someone can post the draft order that would be great, makes it easier to do mocks offline.

Main thing is to ensure people have their keepers in the right slots if they are not keeping 4. I dont know if you can spot this before the draft starts or will we first be aware of it when the draft room opens

Also am i right in saying the draft order is the reverse of the last years standings?

As LM you can see who people are keeping. Bit of an advantage to them to be honest.

When do we need to have our keepers set? I thought it was just before the draft.

I hope that the part about the reverse of the draft order is not true.

• Advertisement

I can see who people are keeping and edit the order they have them in. I.e if someone is slecting one keeper they can't just put it in slot number 4 - I will move it to the first slot.

Not sure about draft order. What was done last year?

I can see who people are keeping and edit the order they have them in. I.e if someone is slecting one keeper they can't just put it in slot number 4 - I will move it to the first slot.

Not sure about draft order. What was done last year?

I think the winner should be first.

I think the winner should graciously accept last pick, newbies should get first picks :o)

billr67 wrote: »
    I think the winner should graciously accept last pick, newbies should get first picks :o)

I don't know what way it went last year. But newbies definitely should just get last pick cos they are newbies ha (nice try though). My keepers are awful, so a newbie could have a huge advantage on me next year if they were to get first pick.

Then don't keep them, as I understand it if you keep no one you get a first round pick whereas I'll be picking in round two as I'm keeping one player.

Then don't keep them, as I understand it if you keep no one you get a first round pick whereas I'll be picking in round two as I'm keeping one player.

Yeah I know, I prob won't keep them but my point was that it isn't like you are starting off with a fresh slate. If you were a newb but your team finished second last year, it wouldn't be fair for you to pick 1st.

I presumed you were joking with the newbs pick first. :)

• Advertisement

No bother I was joking all right, draft order should be like any other league i.e. worst team last year goes first, best team goes last but of course in a keeper league it's complicated by whether you keep anyone or not and therefore you could be the best team from last year but if you keep nobody and everyone else keeps at least one player then you're going first no matter what.

Looking at my squad I'm guessing I was middle of the pack but I'd love someone to post last years standings or this years draft order as it's difficult to mock otherwise.

No bother I was joking all right, draft order should be like any other league i.e. worst team last year goes first, best team goes last but of course in a keeper league it's complicated by whether you keep anyone or not and therefore you could be the best team from last year but if you keep nobody and everyone else keeps at least one player then you're going first no matter what.

Looking at my squad I'm guessing I was middle of the pack but I'd love someone to post last years standings or this years draft order as it's difficult to mock otherwise.

https://snag.gy/25jm8v.jpg

There you go. As you can see I was far from the best team. Just managed the playoffs well tbh with some "dodgy" trades.

Never done a keeper league so bare with me gents...

I inherited the team that finished 16th, so they're extremely poor to say the least. So if that team has an average player who I might want to keep, do I lose my 1st round selection? And if I wanted to keep 2, i'd lose my 1st and 2nd rounder etc?

Cheers

Yep that's how I understand it. Anyone know which team was taighbaby's? I've changed the team name but the one I changed it from isn't on the list. Cheers for posting that by the way Raoul

Yep that's how I understand it. Anyone know which team was taighbaby's? I've changed the team name but the one I changed it from isn't on the list. Cheers for posting that by the way Raoul

Ah OK, thanks. Definitely nobody on my team worth keeping so. So if you were lets say 5th pick in the 1st round and your only keeper was Todd Gurley, Gurley would just populate into that slot?

Also, if you want to check the previous seasons rosters, results etc... open up the league... Then click League > History > 2015 season... and you'll be able to have a nose ;)

• Advertisement

Yep exactly, that's how it was explained to me. Cheers for the link I'll have a look at that.

Looks like my team came 6th last year, so if nobody kept any players I'd be picking 11th in the first round, ok time to do some mocks!

Looks like my team came 6th last year, so if nobody kept any players I'd be picking 11th in the first round, ok time to do some mocks!

Will a mock draft help you much though? Like..you have no idea who is left in the draft in the first 4 rounds.

I can assign the keepers based on what I can see online, most people have already assigned the ones they are keeping and others I can take a punt based on what's in their squad. Anyway mocks are just for fun they only stand up if you don't get someone who values a kicker over a TE in round 5 and blows all your assumptions away.

Looks like draft will be Sunday at 9. I'll close off voting at 11 this morning if anyone wants to cast their vote. Only 9 voted so far (10 Inc me)

Okay draft is set for Sunday (4th) at 9pm. That was the most popular choice so we'll roll with it.

We will do the same as prior year and set the draft order as the reverse of the prior year.

Standings last year here. http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/485946/history/2015/standings

Bill took over the team that came 6th as far as I know. The other two new guys took the two bottom teams from last year so I'll randomly assign their draft order.

The draft is set for 2pm PDT.... I think that's 10pm in Dublin, not 9pm. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Also, i took over one of those bottom two teams... so i'm a chosing either 15th or 16th, or anywhere between 1 and 16?

Cheers

10 suits me better actually so if that is the time I'm happy.

9pm got the most votes bro!

No bother it's just showing as 10 online and in the app.

• Advertisement
Advertisement