Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Keeper League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wtf sort of insanity is this trade?

Seth Roberts and a 5th and 6th for

Doug Martin, Kelvin Benjamin and a 12th and 13th.

This is off the wall and shouldn't be allowed happen. It ridiculously one-sided.

I think everybody should vote against this trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Quick question.....I accepted a trade today where I traded away Jamison Crowder. He plays tomorrow on Thanksgiving.

Can I start Crowder this week and keep his points? He will disappear from my roster on Friday as the trade will be processed in 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

fisgon wrote: »
    Quick question.....I accepted a trade today where I traded away Jamison Crowder. He plays tomorrow on Thanksgiving.

Can I start Crowder this week and keep his points? He will disappear from my roster on Friday as the trade will be processed in 2 days.

It's up to you... I think if you start him, the trade gets pushed back till next tuesday. If you bench him, the trade happens on Saturday. I'm the one you traded with, pleasure doing business :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wtf sort of insanity is this trade?

Seth Roberts and a 5th and 6th for

Doug Martin, Kelvin Benjamin and a 12th and 13th.

This is off the wall and shouldn't be allowed happen. It ridiculously one-sided.

I think everybody should vote against this trade.

What is wrong with it? My season is done, I need picks for next year. This happens every year, happens in the NFL too. That is why we have a trade deadline. Remember a 5th and 6th is like a 1st and 2nd round pick after the keepers.

gerryfed wrote: »
    It's up to you... I think if you start him, the trade gets pushed back till next tuesday. If you bench him, the trade happens on Saturday. I'm the one you traded with, pleasure doing business :)

This is pretty annoying cos the trade doesn't go through straight away. So yeah you can start him and the trade gets pushed back to Tuesday. If you are better off with the other guy this week then don't start him and you will have the other guy to start Sunday (I think).

Raoul wrote: »
    What is wrong with it? My season is done, I need picks for next year. This happens every year, happens in the NFL too. That is why we have a trade deadline. Remember a 5th and 6th is like a 1st and 2nd round pick after the keepers.
    Martin is a keeper, he is a first rounder and Benjamin isn't far off that either. You'd want to be getting all his picks for this to be close to fair.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Martin is a keeper, he is a first rounder and Benjamin isn't far off that either. You'd want to be getting all his picks for this to be close to fair.

But I have other guys I can keep too and I think being able to keep them and get an extra pick is great.

But I have other guys I can keep too and I think being able to keep them and get an extra pick is great.

Not sure what's going on here, but Martin is definitely not a 1st rounder and Benjamin isn't a keeper either. The guy hasn't had double digits since like week 3??

Not sure what's going on here, but Martin is definitely not a 1st rounder and Benjamin isn't a keeper either. The guy hasn't had double digits since like week 3??

I think both are debatable but I drafted both guys and I was absolutely delighted but as you said Benjamin has under-performed and Martin has been injured and even when he did play he didn't look fantastic.

Trade seems a little unbalanced, but there doesn't seem to be collusion involved or anything sinister. I think vetos should be reserved for trades where there is obviously something fishy.

I don't think it is our job to protect people from making what we think are bad trades. If the two guys are happy with it, let them go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I dont have a problem with the Martin/Benjamin trade, neither is a guaranteed keeper and he's getting high draft picks in return.

I do see a problem with the below though:

Steel City: Allen Hurns + 9th round pick
    vs
    Dundalk: Taylor Gabriel + 15th round pick

This seems completely one sided to me.

BizzyC wrote: »
    I dont have a problem with the Martin/Benjamin trade, neither is a guaranteed keeper and he's getting high draft picks in return.

I do see a problem with the below though:

Steel City: Allen Hurns + 9th round pick
    vs
    Dundalk: Taylor Gabriel + 15th round pick

This seems completely one sided to me.

Agreed... I wouldn't even add Hurns for free at this stage

Agreed... I wouldn't even add Hurns for free at this stage

I can't work out which way the trade is unfair. I think I am getting a steal taking a 9th round pick for Gabriel. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just so they are recorded here, the draft picks traded for next year are as follows:

Dundalk Oriels receive Steel City Celtic's Round 9 pick
    Steel City Celtic receive Dundalk Oriels Round 15 pick

Dundalk Oriels receive P-Town Pier Sixers Round 5 pick
    P-Town Pier Sixers receive Dundalk Oriels Round 15 pick

Dundalk Oriels receive Westbest's Round 5, Round 6 picks
    Westbest receive Dundalk Oriels Round 12, Round 13 picks

Oh Look An Eagle receive 2 Gurleys 1 Cup Round 12 pick
    2 Gurleys 1 Cup receive Oh Look An Eagle's Round 14 pick

I notice that Dundalk Oriels has traded away their 15th round pick twice?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Just so they are recorded here, the draft picks traded for next year are as follows:

Dundalk Oriels receive Steel City Celtic's Round 9 pick
    Steel City Celtic receive Dundalk Oriels Round 15 pick

Dundalk Oriels receive P-Town Pier Sixers Round 5 pick
    P-Town Pier Sixers receive Dundalk Oriels Round 15 pick

Dundalk Oriels receive Westbest's Round 5, Round 6 picks
    Westbest receive Dundalk Oriels Round 12, Round 13 picks

Oh Look An Eagle receive 2 Gurleys 1 Cup Round 12 pick
    2 Gurleys 1 Cup receive Oh Look An Eagle's Round 14 pick

I notice that Dundalk Oriels has traded away their 15th round pick twice?
    Yeah myself and one of the guys tried to notify the GM before it happened as we weren't sure it would go through. But it did. So I guess you can edit that to give P-Town Pier Sixers my 14th round pick.

Well I'm finally out of my misery for the year.

I was really cursed with RB's this season, AP on IR, Forsett dropped by Ravens, Ivory mixed up with mystery illness....

It wasn't even contained to the keeper league.
    My boards league and Forsett (dropped), Abdullah (IR), Chris Johnson (IR), Denard Robinson (missed 8 weeks).

So - are we resurrecting this league again?
    Has anyone dropped out?

So - are we resurrecting this league again?
    Has anyone dropped out?

I'm looking forward to the draft already. So many extra picks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭billr67

Are we drafting early? I'm on holidays for the first 3 weeks of August so anytime before that would suit. Will there be a poll?

• Advertisement

billr67 wrote: »
    Are we drafting early? I'm on holidays for the first 3 weeks of August so anytime before that would suit. Will there be a poll?

Can't imagine we will be drafting before August. I would say towards the last few weeks of preseason.

Late suits too. Thanks for the update.

billr67 wrote: »
    Late suits too. Thanks for the update.

I'm not GM or anything. Just what I think.

Just have to remember the issues with the last draft.
    GM needs to make sure people put their keepers in the first available slots and don't keep a 1st round pick while using a keeper slot.

Just have to remember the issues with the last draft.
    GM needs to make sure people put their keepers in the first available slots and don't keep a 1st round pick while using a keeper slot.

I think that was the year before? But yeah, that was a joke. Also the commish needs to sort out the draft picks that were traded.

I think that was the year before? But yeah, that was a joke. Also the commish needs to sort out the draft picks that were traded.

Last year, I've only done one draft in this league.
    Didn't affect me at the time as I had 4 keepers anyway, but it was a crap deal for the guys with 1 or 2 who did it properly.

• Advertisement

I was in this league last year, but the confusion over the draft picks and that is discouraging me from getting involved this year I must admit haha. Seems so messy to be trading draft picks in a 4 keeper league.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Hey guys, I won't be taking part in the league this year.
    Team name was "Limpar's Legends".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I'm happy to play again this year. No problem with me putting keepers in the first few slots if we don't keep 4...

I'm in again too. I think I am Pick Sixes in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

In again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭boccy23

Boccys Jockeys in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Oh Look An Eagle in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'm back. I think I was Desert Bluff Vultures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'm out this year. Dont agree with the trading of picks in a 4 keeper league

The same rules have been there for 6 years, all the time you have been in the league? I lost out when people slyly placed their keepers in lower rounds than they should have. Trading picks is a totally fair thing to do. If people feel so strongly about it then we should have a vote and change it for next season. It would be a shame for people to leave over it.

I'm out this year. Dont agree with the trading of picks in a 4 keeper league

Have to agree with this. I'm really struggling to understand the logic in it. I think I even might have traded away some middle round picks without really knowing what I was doing haha.

There was some horrendous trades last year if I remember correctly

Have to agree with this. I'm really struggling to understand the logic in it. I think I even might have traded away some middle round picks without really knowing what I was doing haha.

There was some horrendous trades last year if I remember correctly

Maybe you should have thought about it more last year while you were doing it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

The same rules have been there for 6 years, all the time you have been in the league? I lost out when people slyly placed their keepers in lower rounds than they should have. Trading picks is a totally fair thing to do. If people feel so strongly about it then we should have a vote and change it for next season. It would be a shame for people to leave over it.

That rule may have been there for 6 years but i didnt read them, my fault. Obviously no-one else knew about that rule until last year. If i had of known of that rule 6 years ago i would have left 6 years ago. I simply do not agree with that particular rule in a small number keeper league, my personal choice

That rule may have been there for 6 years but i didnt read them, my fault. Obviously no-one else knew about that rule until last year. If i had of known of that rule 6 years ago i would have left 6 years ago. I simply do not agree with that particular rule in a small number keeper league, my personal choice

Well let's change it for next year if people have a problem with it? And you stay in the league?

• Advertisement

Maybe you should have thought about it more last year while you were doing it? :rolleyes:

True... but it was my first Keeper league so I didn't really grasp what was happening. Since then I've joined a bunch of dynasty league, as well as all of my redrafts, and just figured out that this league falls into some weird awkward bracket in between that is too hard to follow.

My 4 keepers are probably Zeke, TY, Watkins and Nuk... so I'm not trying to spit the dummy out. So my team is just grand :) But I understand why you're defending it, seeing as you benefit greatly from it haha

True... but it was my first Keeper league so I didn't really grasp what was happening. Since then I've joined a bunch of dynasty league, as well as all of my redrafts, and just figured out that this league falls into some weird awkward bracket in between that is too hard to follow.

My 4 keepers are probably Zeke, TY, Watkins and Nuk... so I'm not trying to spit the dummy out. So my team is just grand :) But I understand why you're defending it, seeing as you benefit greatly from it haha

I didn't defend it :confused:. There is nothing there to defend really. I didn't do anything wrong ha. I am happy to not have the rule either. To me that part of the season is awful if you aren't in the playoffs and I think it makes it more interesting for people that are out. in the way they can try and entice people looking for superbowl glory into taking their players and giving draft picks. So they are going all in on trying to get the superbowl.

If we didn't have that rule, I would be just as happy. Been in the league for 6 years or whatever. So I wouldn't quit for any one thing in particular.

What people did with regards the draft a couple of years ago was blatant cheating in my opinion and I missed out on players because of it. I complained a lot and we changed the rules for the next year.

I'm out as well, in full agreement with Spongey. I brought it up last season when it was going on too.

Lads, I don't care that much about the trades. Trade the draft picks back, if people are going to quit over it.

Seems like the best solution.

I have no opinion at all about trading draft picks, though it seems like a trivial thing to quit the league about.

Still, if we are going to make a decision either way, we should open it up to all owners to give their opinion, maybe put up a poll. We shouldn't change a rule just because a couple of people want to leave over it.

As I said, I don't care either way, but maybe there are some who want to keep the option to trade picks.

I'm easy on the trading of picks, whatever others feel strongly about is good with me.

Have we heard from everyone yet, do we have a full picture on who's back and who needs replacing?

Who is GM?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Who is GM?

I was GM last season, league is reactivated.

However I'm in mixed minds about the best solution going forward. With a good few leaving I think starting afresh might be an idea worth considering.

We'll have to get a few new names on board and I think it's always going to be difficult to get commitment in a keeper league from new entrants taking on teams that have been around for a while and managed by different players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭boccy23

I definitely would not be in favour of a fresh start.

Advertisement