Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Keeper League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Are we increasing the number of teams?
    If so i think we should decrease the numbe of keepers so that there are players to pick for newcomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

BizzyC wrote: »
    If so i think we should decrease the numbe of keepers so that there are players to pick for newcomers.

At the moment I've kept the full 8 but I'd drop to 6 if that's what the majority think. Looking at the other teams only one other person has kept 8 currently so this might not be that big an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

BizzyC wrote: »

I'm only temporary commish as eagle is banned. I really don't mind what we do. But we have been steadily decreasing in numbers. I don't know what's best to do tbh.

billr67 wrote: »
    At the moment I've kept the full 8 but I'd drop to 6 if that's what the majority think. Looking at the other teams only one other person has kept 8 currently so this might not be that big an issue.

We probably won't get a majority. The thread isn't very active. What would you prefer?

Raoul wrote: »
    We probably won't get a majority. The thread isn't very active. What would you prefer?

I'd prefer to keep the 8, as I said only myself and one other have kept 8 so far. Dropping to 6 only adds 4 players back into the mix. Honestly though it's not a big deal if people feel it would make for a better season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

If there is any space left i would be interested - very last minute so really chancing my arm

Wormy001 wrote: »
    If there is any space left i would be interested - very last minute so really chancing my arm

Not sure yet. But send me your email.

Setting the draft for Tuesday at 9.

I asked eagle eye (the real commish) to decide on the additional teams/keepers.

A couple of invites sent out to two teams there. I have to send them in twos. So as soon as they accept, I can send out another two.

Word coming down from the real commish that people can keep 8 keepers but they don't have to.

I think it makes it tougher on new teams coming in but not much we can do.

Updated list:
    1 Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    2 BizzyC - the Fear Boners
    3 Manafana - Manafana Steelers
    4 Billr67 -Steel City Celtics
    5 EagleEye - Foxboro Legends
    6 Wong - Can I Borrow a Thielen
    7 Tripperman - LAscramblers
    8 Masked Man - Desert Bluff Vultures
    9 Serenity_Now - The Carrickolina Panthers
    10 Raven136 - Cereal Killers
    11 Brenty (invited)
    12 Wormy (invited)

I know we are a boards league but we have usually kept to our own rules since we aren't in the same structure, so I am not implementing PPR as we haven't voted on it as a league. If someone wants to they can set up a poll for next season.

Good stuff, everyone has joined.

Draft is tonight at 9. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Are we bringing this back?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Serenity Now

I’m in

Would anyone like to volunteer to be Commish? I think I begrudgingly did it last year to keep the league going.

Also, would a telegram be a good idea as there was zero engagement last season. May aswell be playing in an NFL.com league.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

I'm in if it goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What's a telegram?

A whatsapp alternative. Personally I think it is significantly better. You can easily use it on your desktop too. Just trying to get a bit more "banter" going for this group. We can do polls in it too.

Invite link here:

https://t.me/joinchat/7qCpg02MCtFhNzBk

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I'm in again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i am in again, thanks for reminder email in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I'm in again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

I'm in again

That's 9 people. I have no idea who own's what teams or anything. I don't really have time to be commish. Can anyone else do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'll see if I can do it. I can't commit yet though. I'll know inside two weeks.

I'm back in

Are we making any rule changes this season?

I think 8 keepers is excessive myself, I thought it was more balanced when we had 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I may be interested in joining if it's free entry? I've played Dynasty before as well as standard.

If we get people in the telegram group. We could get these things sorted out quite quick. Boards is very quiet at the moment

Currently it's a full house but I don't think everyone has signed back up yet. Do you want to be a reserve for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Yep. Works for me. Give me a holler if a space opens up.

• Advertisement

The telegram group is absolutely hopping now

Advertisement