Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards College Fantasy Thread

• 20-10-2011 8:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to the College Fantasy League will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Its only friday and already giving up on this weeks matchup :( My opponent had Houston WR Patrick Edwards who scored 61 points (for a wide receiver, i'll be lucky to get that from my 3 WRs, my TE and kicker)

Whoever had Case Keenum got a respectable 73 points from him this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Whoever had Case Keenum got a respectable 73 points from him this week

I have him but in the UCD league not the boards one. 100% win record will continue this week I guess. Its pretty much in the bag already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Its only friday and already giving up on this weeks matchup :( My opponent had Houston WR Patrick Edwards who scored 61 points (for a wide receiver, i'll be lucky to get that from my 3 WRs, my TE and kicker)

That's me :D. Missed the deadline to pick up a D/ST with LSU on a bye but it shouldn't matter now. Should move to 5-4 after this week having been 1-4 a month or so ago.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That's me :D. Missed the deadline to pick up a D/ST with LSU on a bye but it shouldn't matter now. Should move to 5-4 after this week having been 1-4 a month or so ago.

Guessed i counted my chickens before they hatched :D. Won my match 143-121 even with 61 pts from his WR. I'm now 6-3 for the season and still one place outside the playoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Guessed i counted my chickens before they hatched :D. Won my match 143-121 even with 61 pts from his WR. I'm now 6-3 for the season and still one place outside the playoffs

How many teams go to the playoffs?

2 teams top of Division 1 on 7-2, and 3 teams top of Division 2 on 7-2. It's so close, and some of the scores each week are ridiculously close too. Enjoying this league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

:mad: Yeah, that 61 accounted for over half my points!! I'm at 4-5 after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pantherman

Test

Cam Newton wrote: »
    How many teams go to the playoffs?

2 teams top of Division 1 on 7-2, and 3 teams top of Division 2 on 7-2. It's so close, and some of the scores each week are ridiculously close too. Enjoying this league!

I couldnt see how many get into playoffs but did see that its run over 2 weeks and starts in week 12 so i assumed 4 would get in, top 2 in each division or division winners and next 2 best scores (irrespective of division). Either way the current mark is 7-2 and with 5 teams on 7-2 and me on 6-3 its gonna be an exciting final 2 weeks of the regular season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

After a promising 2-1 start, I'm now on a seven game losing streak :o
    Losing my main running back Marcus Lattimore hasn't helped either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

When did the Waiver changes come into place? Up until now you could just sign at will now waivers are in place?

And even worse the next round of waivers dont process until next Tuesday the 8th
    Will be processed Tuesday morning (11/8)

• Advertisement

On another note I forgot to fix my team and forgot the Rockets played tonight and left Page on my bench again. Twice now I have done that with him and he has racked up points 4 TDs tonight :(

On another note I forgot to fix my team and forgot the Rockets played tonight and left Page on my bench again. Twice now I have done that with him and he has racked up points 4 TDs tonight :(

I think thats just frustration at having a high scorer on the bench :D (have had plenty of those this season). You certainly didnt forget to put in Wilson at QB (i only know this as you're playing me this week) :D:D:D

I think thats just frustration at having a high scorer on the bench :D (have had plenty of those this season). You certainly didnt forget to put in Wilson at QB (i only know this as you're playing me this week) :D:D:D

I took page out on his bye week and forgot to put him back in 2 weeks running. Did you see my other post about the waivers?

Oh and I changed Wilson last night when I realised Page was already playing :D

When did the Waiver changes come into place? Up until now you could just sign at will now waivers are in place?

And even worse the next round of waivers dont process until next Tuesday the 8th

Anyone else notice this no? Has is always been in or do the early games fook it up?

Anyone else notice this no? Has is always been in or do the early games fook it up?

It's never affected me before, although I'm usually in first thing when the window opens each week. It happened this week though, although the player I tried to add had already been dropped by a team this week - maybe it only affects players who have been released by others recently? I was able to add other players straight away as usual.

It's never affected me before, although I'm usually in first thing when the window opens each week. It happened this week though, although the player I tried to add had already been dropped by a team this week - maybe it only affects players who have been released by others recently? I was able to add other players straight away as usual.

I found out what it is. The lad who runs my paid league checked it out. If you have waivers installed the minute the first game is played the Waivers lock up players until the end of a playing week.

Now here in lies the problem as games get played earlier in the week in some cases towards the end of the season you literally only have 2 days to pick up players waiver free. Now the downside to that as I have said before is that if one of your players picks up injury or isnt playing and the others on your bench are on Byes you are boned.

Maybe we can kill the waivers this season as lets face it with so many players on the Free Agency that earn top points is there any sense having it? I mean all of us could still find solid replacements without battling for them. Makes no sense having waivers.

I did notice waivers this week as opposed to any other weeks. They may have been there all season as i used to look for players on wednesday or thursday which would have been after the waiver deadline. This week was the only week i had to get players in earlier cos of the tuesday start to the games

I did notice waivers this week as opposed to any other weeks. They may have been there all season as i used to look for players on wednesday or thursday which would have been after the waiver deadline. This week was the only week i had to get players in earlier cos of the tuesday start to the games

Would you be up for voting of the removal of the waiver? Considering it really has no positive affect to the league considering the pool of talent on the free agency.

Would you be up for voting of the removal of the waiver? Considering it really has no positive affect to the league considering the pool of talent on the free agency.

It doesnt affect me either way so i'll stay out of any vote. There is only one week of regular season after this week so it cant do much good to change it now.

It doesnt affect me either way so i'll stay out of any vote. There is only one week of regular season after this week so it cant do much good to change it now.

Yeah whatever dude.

• Advertisement

Looks light a tight finish to the the Boards College fantasy league.

Division 1
    Team 11 8-2
    Team 3 (me) 7-3
    Team 5 (onecoolcookie) 7-3

Division 2
    Team 10 (Cam) 7-3
    Team 2 (TO) 7-3
    Team 6 7-3

We have all 6 playing each other as well in the final week so it looks like a win and you're in situation here.

Final week fixtures
    Team 6 at Team 11
    Team 10 at Team 3
    Team 2 at Team 5

Looks light a tight finish to the the Boards College fantasy league.

Division 1
    Team 11 8-2
    Team 3 (me) 7-3
    Team 5 (onecoolcookie) 7-3

Division 2
    Team 10 (Cam) 7-3
    Team 2 (TO) 7-3
    Team 6 7-3

We have all 6 playing each other as well in the final week so it looks like a win and you're in situation here.

Final week fixtures
    Team 6 at Team 11
    Team 10 at Team 3
    Team 2 at Team 5

Epic high scoring battle there last night dude.

Anyone else unable to set their team? :confused:

Epic high scoring battle there last night dude.

i needed to score high to win, i knew your badgers would walk over Purdue. If i had lost i think i would have been out

Anyone else unable to set their team? :confused:

Yeah not allowing me to set team either. Me thinks me come back tomorrow :mad:

Any of you have problems adding people yesterday?

Went to add Utah and thought grand they will be added considering we had a very short window with Toledo playing last night and for some reason they are now on Waiver even though I added them about 4 hours before that game.

How long do we get before the first game to add guys? This fooking waiver is ****ing me up this week with these Tuesday games. Less than a day to add guys for the week is stupid.

So much for my last game being competitive. And Thank you Eric Page destroy last week and do fook all this week in a blowout game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Look like I'm up against you this week tallaghtoutlaws, should be a good match up!

Look like I'm up against you this week tallaghtoutlaws, should be a good match up!

You will win. I need big games from most of my players to be honest as I have no defense so if your team scores as expected you will win. I do see your team scoring in and around the projected points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Yeah I lost out last week when I tried to pick up a defence as mine was on a bye but they were all on the waiver line :mad: Ball and Richardson should still put up some serious numbers for you though

• Advertisement

There is some serious projections for the 3 games this weekend

Cam 185-169 Me
    Cookie 181-160 TO
    Team 6 163-144 Team 11

Advertisement