Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards College Fantasy Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eight of the nine entrants have voted so I've set the draft up for Monday 27th of August at 10pm.

I've deleted all the teams who didn't change their name on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

eagle eye wrote: »
    Eight of the nine entrants have voted so I've set the draft up for Monday 27th of August at 10pm.

I've deleted all the teams who didn't change their name on the site.

Rolling with 9 teams? If you are stuck I can get you a 10th team.

CoachTO wrote: »
    Rolling with 9 teams? If you are stuck I can get you a 10th team.
    If you have somebody fire ahead and I'll invite him. It would mean 5 in each division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Any ideas when the draft date for this is going to be?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Monday 27th of August at 10pm. 2 posts above yours.

Haha cheers, don't know how I missed that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

At present there are 2 divisions, one with 6 teams and the other with 4. I assume we will just have 2 divisions of 5 teams?

How was the draft for everyone,

This is what I ended up with:

QB:

Klein, Collin KSTATE
    Colter, Kain NWEST

RB:

Davis, Knile ARK
    Rhodes, Kedrick FIU
    James, Waymon TCU
    Wood, Cierre ND

WR:

Austin, Tavon WVU
    Stills, Kenny OKLA
    Swope, Ryan TXAM
    Campanaro, Michael WAKE
    Highsmith, Erik UNC

TE:

Fauria, Joseph UCLA

DST:

Texas

K:

Bonani, Maikon SFLA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've heard of Matt Barkley so I picked him #1 overall. The rest of the time I just picked a player from near the top of the rankings.

Barkley, Matt QB USC
    Fajardo, Cody QB NEVADA

Nwoke, Chris RB COLOST
    Williams, Kerwynn RB UTAHST
    Carey, Ka'Deem RB ARIZ
    Gillislee, Mike RB FLA

Lawson, Javone WR LALAF
    Miles, Jamal WR ARIZST
    Williams, Terrance WR BAYLOR
    Lemon, Alec WR CUSE
    Williams, Kasen WR WASH

Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TE WASH

Alleman, Drew K LSU

Georgia DST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Along with Guappas tactics i've only heard of Lacy, Lattimore & Braxton Miller so i picked close to the top of the rankings. I even picked Da'rick Rogers who looked like a great WR down in the bottom of the 11th round (i saw the word eligible in his notes and said i'll have that :D). Jamarcus kindly pointed out that his new school Tennessee Tech is FCS level and not eligible for this league. Damn :mad:

Piland, David QB HOU
    Lacy, Eddie RB BAMA
    Lattimore, Marcus RB SC
    Patton, Quinton WR LATECH
    Reedy, Bernard WR TOLEDO
    Surgent, Darryl WR LALAF
    Doyle, Jack TE WKY
    Hopkins, Dustin K FSU
    Michigan State DST
    Miller, Braxton QB OHIOST
    Houston, Stephen RB IND
    Samuel, Anthon RB BGREEN
    Nwachukwu, Uzoma WR TXAM
    Rogers, Da'Rick WR TENN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭davetherave

Completely forgot about this. Sorry if I held things up :o
    I see I got Keenan Allen again this year though, no RG3 though. :pac:

I had Marcus Lattimore last year, he did great things until he buggered his knee up.

My team is bad so im not posting up. Never again will I run a NFL and College draft side by side. Whatever about 2 NFL drafts me mind was fried trying to go between the 2 that and CBS draft thing is so basic and poor.

The site is saying waivers have not yet started. Can we not add people before the games this week or do we have to wait until next week?

Was wondering that myself. Went to take somebody on and it said waivers weren't set up yet.

Just noticed the texas A&M game is postponed due to Hurricane Issac. I'd take another look at your lineup if you have any of those guys on your team, other games may be postponed too.

EDIT: Oregon state game is also postponed.

I've changed that to Friday night now. Waivers are up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just noticed the texas A&M game is postponed due to Hurricane Issac. I'd take another look at your lineup if you have any of those guys on your team, other games may be postponed too.

EDIT: Oregon state game is also postponed.

of course I checked my lineup and missed the fact I have Texas A&M Defense :cool:

UCD AFC wrote: »
    of course I checked my lineup and missed the fact I have Texas A&M Defense :cool:

Have 2 receivers in that game so now will be a receiver short this week, was sure waivers would be processed today but it turns out to be the 5th Sep instead. At least a good game from Marcus Lattimore has eased my pain :)

Anyone know why there are a few DST scores that haven't been updated.
    I think I'm due [if my calculations are correct]42 points from the Florida State DST but there is nothing shown?

• Advertisement

I guess it will update once the gameweek finishes after tonights game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Doubt you'll get 42 points. They were playing Murray State - points are usually downgraded when it's against non-FBS teams.

Doubt you'll get 42 points. They were playing Murray State - points are usually downgraded when it's against non-FBS teams.

15% is the default. So if its at the default it will be 36 give or take

Stat......Value......Points
    PA...........3.........10
    Int...........1............2
    SACK........5..........5
    YDS........171........8
    (Weak Opponent 75%) 18.75

Haven't been credited with a punt return for TD and they've only got 5 instead of 6 sacks. Should be two fumble recoveries also.

Ah well, I'll just be hoping that Georgia Tech blowout the Virginia Tech Defence. :pac:

Miss out on a tie by 0.5 points.
    Another game had a difference of 1.5pts.

Could be a good league this year :)

I thought we got rid of every player being on Waivers from the first game on Wed to the following Tuesday? Realistically yet again we can only add players on Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday. Too many injuries and drops this week to be looking for players that early.

• Advertisement

I thought we got rid of every player being on Waivers from the first game on Wed to the following Tuesday? Realistically yet again we can only add players on Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday. Too many injuries and drops this week to be looking for players that early.
    I can add Thursday to the waiver wire week if you want. Thats all I can do.

We need a majority of owners to agree to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I would be in favor of adding thursday...

I would also be in favour of thursday waivers.

Starting QB was listed as questionable, bench QB was facing starting DST. Bearing in mind he was questionable, not out, I was working on the theory that if I sub him in and 2nd QB has a cracking game then DST would score poorly, or vice versa for the defence. Turns out he was out, and benched QB had a standout game. Only consolation is that I still wouldn't have beaten OhLookAnEagle. :o

Comletely forgot about this poll, i'd be for extending waivers til thursday and the ability to add free agents up until that players game on saturday.

If we include Thursday in the waivers does that mean that you can't add free agents until Friday and as such can't add anyone at all until the waiver period closes after Thursday, meaning you can't add anyone playing on a Thursday night?

Sorry, not really clear on what is being proposed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I can add Thursday to the waiver wire week if you want. Thats all I can do.

We need a majority of owners to agree to do this.

Adding Thursday is fine by me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

If we include Thursday in the waivers does that mean that you can't add free agents until Friday and as such can't add anyone at all until the waiver period closes after Thursday, meaning you can't add anyone playing on a Thursday night?

Sorry, not really clear on what is being proposed.

Well there is 2 problems here. Free Agents are processed on Waiver days as well as Walk On/Free Agents but the problem here is right now ALL players go to waivers once the 1st game of the week happens rather than like most leagues only those dropped or in the middle of games join waivers and everyone else is a Walk On/Free Agent and can be picked up right until their game kicks off.

Walk Ons should be available until their respective games start rather than been off loaded to waivers once the first game starts on Tuesday or Wednesday as it happens right now.

If EE only adds Thursday to the list that just means we have an extra waiver day to be processed but ALL walk ons will still be locked to waivers also.

Add/Drop Deadline: ***Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game of the week.***
    Add/Drop Policy: Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
    Waivers Run: The waivers process runs on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Waiver Reset: The waiver order resets after each weeks' games.
    Waiver Period: Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 3 day(s).

The bit in bold needs to be changed also to 5 mins before Saturday game to allow Walks on available until their game starts.

If EE then sets the The waiver days to M/T/W and now TH this will process waivers only. I.e players dropped by other teams or players locked out due to games already played the previous night etc etc.

Thanks, if the above is how it will work I'll vote in favour also.

What the hell does somebody have to do to win a game around here. I scored the third most points overall but I've only won two games?? :o

Are we going to do the same as last year, playoffs all the way down?

In which case it would be
    Championship
    Cowboys vs Oh Look An Eagle
    Denluce vs Fighting Irish

Winners play for 1st and 2nd
    Losers play for 3rd and 4th

5th Place Play-off
    Horse Feathers vs A PaddyinSD
    The Franchise vs SuperTroopers FC

Winners play for 5th and 6th place
    Losers play for 7th and 8th

Wooden Spoon Award of Winningness
    4thAndForever vs This is Sh!t

Set up those games.

We'll call them,

Boards.ie AF forum Championship Bowl

The Siege of Limerick Bowl
    for the 5th place playoff. Think Irish Alamo Bowl!

The Wooden Spoon of Winningness Bowl

Dammit! Three wr on the bench are "injured". One "injured" knobjockey goes and gets 28 points...

All the games for the final week of our league are set up now. I'm playing the unstoppable Cowboys in the Championship game.

Unfortunately the Wooden Spoon of Winningness Bowl has turned into a bit of a damp squid with somebody acting very childish and putting up an illegal team for the first leg. Same person has put up a ridic name on his team too and all because we didn't get enough votes to change the waiver wire system or at least I think thats the reason.

UCD AFC wrote: »
    I would be in favor of adding thursday...
    I would also be in favour of thursday waivers.
    Comletely forgot about this poll, i'd be for extending waivers til thursday and the ability to add free agents up until that players game on saturday.
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Adding Thursday is fine by me too
    Thanks, if the above is how it will work I'll vote in favour also.
    All because we didn't get enough votes to change the waiver wire system or at least I think thats the reason.
    10 players in the league and six (half + 1) said yay.

That siege of Limerick Bowl is mine Spongey! You're going down, not a touchdown or a first down, some other kind of non-scoring down
    ....Is that how the kids smacktalk these days? :o

That siege of Limerick Bowl is mine Spongey! You're going down, not a touchdown or a first down, some other kind of non-scoring down
    ....Is that how the kids smacktalk these days? :o

Ooh smacktalk, i was confused as i thought i lost last weekend but i noticed the week 12 fixtures are a bit messed up as Cowboys was due to play in the championship semis.

Anyway meow that i know im playing for the Siege of Limerick Bowl im gonna have to kick Dave's ass all over the highways of Vermont....meow

if i win do i have to go to Limerick to collect my trophy??????

• Advertisement

10 players in the league and six (half + 1) said yay.
    You might notice the huge gap in time between the first couple of votes and the ones that put it over the top. I watched the thread for two weeks to see if people wanted it and it never happened. It was nearly 4 weeks later when the last 3 voted. And that was only a month ago, the league was nearly over at that stage.

Congrats to Cookie's Cowboys the 2012 Champions. It was never even close! He set a really high standard all year long and is a deserved winner.

Congrats also the the Siege of Limerick Bowl winner The Franchise and to the The Wooden Spoon of Winningness Bowl winner 4thandforever.

On a side note, I have chaned the waiver wire process to 5 mins before first Saturday game as voted on by the majority of the members. This will be in place for next season.

Congrats to Cookie's Cowboys the 2012 Champions. It was never even close! He set a really high standard all year long and is a deserved winner.

Congrats also the the Siege of Limerick Bowl winner The Franchise and to the The Wooden Spoon of Winningness Bowl winner 4thandforever.

On a side note, I have chaned the waiver wire process to 5 mins before first Saturday game as voted on by the majority of the members. This will be in place for next season.

Thanks for organising this, fun to play even if I lose most weeks.

Myself and Spongey were playing in the Siege of Limerick Bowl.
    The first half of the bowl match-ups seem to have buggered up a bit :o
    Based on the points scored though the two of us would have won our respective matchups in week 12.
    5th Place Play-off
    Horse Feathers(149) vs A PaddyinSD(117)
    The Franchise(126) vs SuperTroopers FC(178)

Winners play for 5th and 6th place
    Losers play for 7th and 8th

Based on that, the week 13 fixtures should have been.
    2012 Championship Bowl:
    Cowboys vs Fighting Irish

The "Get Some" Bowl of Hard Knocks (3rd Place)
    Oh Look an Eagle vs Denluce Demons

Siege of Limerick Bowl (5th Place)
    Horse Feathers vs SuperTroopers FC

The Lesser Prestigious Bowl (7th Place)
    A PaddyinSD vs The Franchise.

Wooden Spoon Award of Winningness
    4thAndForevervs This is Sh!t

Led the league in scoring in 4 weeks, 2nd in the season power rankings and don't even manage to get into championship bowl playoff. :pac:

Cheers EE really enjoyed that season and it was a nice bonus to end up winning! Thanks for all the work you put into organising it.

Just bumping this to see how many from last year are interested. Lots of time yet but I'd like have a poll in late July to see when is the best time.

If you were not in it last year and are interested put your name up and I'll put you on a list of alternates, whoever posts first is top of the alternates list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'd like to register my interest in 'The Alternatives List'

I'll give this a miss this year I think, I was in far too many leagues last year and I don't have the time to devote to watching that much college ball, other than whatever is on ESPN.

Thanks to EE for organising, I'm sure you'll get enough for a full league again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I'm out also. Have to cut down the amount of fantasy this year as Aug/Sept/Oct is going to be nutso for me.

• Advertisement

Thanks EE, I'm back in for this season.

Advertisement