Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late to the Party Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

SSK wrote: »
    Nearly had as many points on the bench as on the field this week :o

Playoffs next week...I'm matched up against Syferus and his RGIII, Doug Martin, BMarsh juggernaut! Have a few selection headaches this week as well, Kaep or Big Ben, the Lloyd/Jones/Hilton revolving door at WR as well.

Very competitive league this year, some going to have 8 teams over 1,000 points from only 12 games.

RG3 got ganked at exactly the worst time, in what was a meaningless end-of-regular-season match for my team. The whole LeSean McCoy/Bryce Brown timebomb is just waiting to explode on me as well so I'd be happy just to be competitive enough to have the chance to sneak a victory if someone breaks out, honestly.

I noticed I was the highest scoring team in the regular season and when I looked back at the 2010 season that I won I was also the highest scoring regular season team. Good omens?

Oh, and those stupid Snickers-sponsored hunger foul awards are completely polluting the trophy room section, who the heck wants a reminder of a week where they left a load of points on the bench? It'd be like Bill Belichick putting a Worst Coach of the Week award pride of place in his cabinet.

Ironically RG3 being out didn't hurt me in the least, Sam Bradford had a career day and got me 27 points. It was Brown and Martin failing to do absolutely anything that killed me.

Oh, and the Bengals defence scoring 21 points. Thank you Philadelphia.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Hard luck Syf, I would have been sick if I lost that one considering I had nearly 100 points on the bench. Scared Cam is gonna score about 100 points against the Raidahs this week!

Good luck SSK, hope you go on top win it!

I've pre-activated the league for the 2013 season, everyone bar The Grant Winsomes (who hasn't been discernibly active since early November) is eligible to play next year and will be able to easily reclaim their teams next season if they so wish.

Obviously there'll be an interest check before the new season but just in case anyone was wondering what'll happen I thought I'd let you all know.

Oh, and we won't be filling the open spot until nearer the new season so if someone wants it you'll have to wait..!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I'd be delighted to play next year too, I have to make up for this years devastation.

I have a great team, I just performed poorly :pac:

Congrats to SSK/One Handed Grabs on winning the league championship, who improved on last year's 3rd place finish by going on a Giants-esque run (6-6 in the regular season) and winning the title.

To be continued..

Cheers Syferus, I continued my pretty consistent scoring from the regular season throughout the playoffs and thankfully it was good enough to see me over the line.

Looking forward to next year already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

SSK wrote: »
    Cheers Syferus, I continued my pretty consistent scoring from the regular season throughout the playoffs and thankfully it was good enough to see me over the line.

Looking forward to next year already!

Congrats on the win SKK, patching my team up finally caught up with me, and to be honest you must have been terribly unlucky to go 6-6 with that roster.

I'll be getting this league restarted soon, and in case you've forgot we'll be holding the draft after Week 2 of the regular season!

Any of the returning members who want to continue post here, I'll send a PM and email to any stragglers nearer the draft date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

in

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm back too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

I'd like to join up if anyone drops out lads

I'm happy to keep going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Gonna give this one a miss this year

Yeah count me in again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Yup you can count me back in aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't even know if I was in this one last year. If I was then I'm back in. If not add me too the reserves list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

duno if i'm going to keep this up, wont know till week 1 over.

Don't hold my spot btw if someone else gets in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

im back again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yup I'm back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'd love to get involved.

Shoutman can have my spot.

So when is this likely to get started?

shoutman wrote: »
    So when is this likely to get started?

The draft will be this Wednesday at 9PM GMT. I'll be sending out the notices and clearing out the dead wood before then and getting the new members set up in time to draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Back again too

Syferus wrote: »
    The draft will be this Wednesday at 9PM GMT. I'll be sending out the notices and clearing out the dead wood before then and getting the new members set up in time to draft.

This still going ahead tomorrow? Any chance we could push the draft back 30 mins?

shoutman wrote: »
    This still going ahead tomorrow? Any chance we could push the draft back 30 mins?

That would suit me much better too, I finish work at 9 and probably wont make it home til about 9:25.

I don't mind sitting in autodraft for the first few picks though if 9 suits everyone else better though ;)

9.30 suits me better as well, means a 6.30am start rather than 6 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

I am back in sorry for late response! looks like ive logged in with good timing, the draft is tomorrow ? :)

• Advertisement

I fully intend on participating but I may not be able to make the draft tonight lads :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Haven't received any PM on this, am I in?

radharc wrote: »
    Haven't received any PM on this, am I in?

Ditto, would need a response by 5.30 otherwise I wont be able to commit to tonight.

What's up with the draft lads????

Offline Draft: Your commissioner needs to submit offline draft results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

So is this happening tonight at all? Probably won't be able to make anything later this week so even if we could do it later tonight that would suit better

curry-muff wrote: »
    Offline Draft: Your commissioner needs to submit offline draft results.

Just means he hasn't confirmed a time for it. Something must have came up.

Any word on whether we're drafting this week or what?

Is this league happening this year?

Would also like to know...

Syferus is posting elsewhere so would love to know what the story is?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how I can leave the league. Don't want to play it this year and its annoying me in my list.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can leave the league. Don't want to play it this year and its annoying me in my list.

MgWFeVQ.png

I notice the draft for this has been set up but it has been set to 6 am our time on Thursday morning???

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I notice the draft for this has been set up but it has been set to 6 am our time on Thursday morning???

Id actually play it with auto draft, I'd just be happy to see it started :D

Drafting in 3 minutes, but still set to offline draft, whats going on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Who won this league last year?

Don't think it went ahead did it?

Who won this league last year?

It didn't go ahead, Syferus forgot all about it or something I assume because a draft was scheduled and then nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement