Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 7 Thread

• 20-10-2011 8:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭

Each gameweek there will be a fresh thread put up for that week. This thread will cover all divisions and will conver issues such as:

Who should I start; X @ Y or B @ C?

And other gameweek specific queries.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Well I will start this off then :)

Im torn on who to start at QB this week. Big Ben or Tebow.

I dont expect Tebow to pass for more than 180 yards and maybe 1TD and maybe 2 picks. I just think he might end up with 5o odd yards rushing and maybe a rushing TD aswell though so I dont know.

Ben has done feck all bar one game this year typically the only game I decided to bench him in !! But he has a favourable matchu against the Cards.

Decisions decisions :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'd take a punt on Tebow

I'd say you are right about the stats but its the rushing stats that will push it Tebows way imo. First start of the season, playing in Miami where they are celebrating Tebow. Its all set for a big game for him. I have him in another league and i'm starting him ahead of Ryan & Hasselbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not in the baords league but I'm starting Tebow over Matt Schaub this week. ESPN ranks have them close enough but I think Tebow is a genuine threat to score a rushing TD from anythign from 15 yards in

yeah Im leaning towards Tebow good to see others are thinking likewise. at lest if its the wrong one we can all be wrong together :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

He will smash the Fins. They are awful in every dept this year. Add that to the celebration nonsense and the fact he wants to prove himself he will score some healthy points. Big ben has been average Fantasy wise all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

D3PO wrote: »
    Well I will start this off then :)

Im torn on who to start at QB this week. Big Ben or Tebow.
    s :confused:

I have the same decision to make and am starting Ben. He's the safer play, against a poor Cardinals secondary. Tebow has more upside, but is riskier, no Brandon Lloyd, no assurance he'll be ready yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

fisgon wrote: »
    I have the same decision to make and am starting Ben. He's the safer play, against a poor Cardinals secondary. Tebow has more upside, but is riskier, no Brandon Lloyd, no assurance he'll be ready yet.

People need to remember that Tebow doesn't need a good real-life day to be a fantasy star. The Broncos get behind, Tebow has to air it out more which creates the potential for alot of junk-time yards for Tebow.

Whatever way it swings I think Tebow's floor in terms of fantasy points is significantly higher than Big Ben's, and he's also got some big upside to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Steve Breaston KC or Mohamed Massaquoi CLE? or look at the waiver wire?

Kansas play Oakland and Cleveland play Seattle.

I'm leaning towards Massaquoi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

so I have Ryan Matthews as my starting RB and hes being doing some pretty good work for me this season

now the rest of my RBs are - questionable at best - so need a bit of help in choosing from...

Torain / LT / Moreno

Torain - picked him up off the waivers after his big game in week 4 - horrible game against Philly last week but as I see him getting a few extra carries this week over Hightower - hopefully he'll be well up for it and see this as his last chance this season to impress so he'll coming out all guns blazing and have an amazing game....

LT - he's being mainly a pass blocking RB but he's picked up some average yards - but has the potential to have a huge game... either that or a game with 10 yards combined.... very risky choice

Moreno - been an absolute bust this season - will Tebow starting maybe somehow result in Moreno getting a couple more plays a game...

so Torain/LT/Moreno - who do I start this weekend as my backup RB.... right now I'm edging with Torain because he could have another decent game against the Panthers... LT versus the Chargers - he's going to be blocking all day long I reckon... and Moreno - well I can't see the risk of starting him being rewarded seeing as he's the 2nd RB in Denver... and Tebow likes to run as we all know so potentially he's the 3rd choice if Denver are picking a running play...

any other opinions on my choice for this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

LT has been named starter for Jets ahead of Greene. Could be just ceremonial for the Chargers but Greene is poor enough. LT is good for 5-8 points I'd say

Moreno isn't an option. 3rd choice rusher behind McGahee and Tebow

Torain should be starter but you know Shanahan. Could be anything

LT is a safe 5 points. Torain a riskier play, but more upside

LT doesn't have the potential for anything approaching a huge game anymore (barring a pent-up break-out against the Chargers) and his best chance to rack up decent points is on vulturing short-yardage TDs. Alot of the ex-fantasy superstars tend to be way over-valued and LT definitely falls into the category now.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Anyone have any opinions on how Tebow is going to impact on McGahee? I'm thinking any goal line carries could be left to the Messiah and Miami aren't bad at stopping the run anyway so McGahee could be in for a lean week.

I'll probably start him anyway as DeMarco Murray is my only other option and he's a bit too unproven for my liking.

SSK wrote: »
    Anyone have any opinions on how Tebow is going to impact on McGahee? I'm thinking any goal line carries could be left to the Messiah and Miami aren't bad at stopping the run anyway so McGahee could be in for a lean week.

I'll probably start him anyway as DeMarco Murray is my only other option and he's a bit too unproven for my liking.

I'd lean towards Murray, but I'd tend to be more enticed by upside than safe points. McGahee would appear to have past his peak production, given how little Moreneo was used in the rushing game recently and with Tebow sure to take a good chuck of what might have been his carries. I really don't fancy McGahee going forward at all.

Yeah I'll have a think about it tomorrow and see what the analysts reckon about the role Murray is going to play for the Cowboys.

McGahee has been decent this year so far but like you say his upside is minimal considering Tebow's running ability and the likelihood that Moreno will have to start getting more carries eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Jackie Battle for the Chiefs is gettting picked up in many leagues, Todd Haley confirmed he'll be getting most of the carries
    But listed as Probable, that's worrying

Antonio Gates has a lot of patient owners but he's listed Questionable, hard to know if he'd start or not.
    Stefania Bell on ESPN reckons he will start but his snaps will be limited to ease him back in
    Not sure whether to start or bench him
    My second TE Jake Ballard is on a bye for the Giants but I don't want to cut him

Lastly my third reciever is Danario Alexander. I don't think Bradford will start, it's a game time decision
    AJ Feely is one of the better backups out there but we'll see what happens closer to gametime
    I'm stuck for a third WR, I just picked Alexander for this week,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Eugh, can't believe I'm asking this but; Jackie Battle or Steven Jackson. I feel like it could be an even more awful day for the rams offense.

Molly wrote: »
    Eugh, can't believe I'm asking this but; Jackie Battle or Steven Jackson. I feel like it could be an even more awful day for the rams offense.

It's tight enough to question, given the Cowboys rush defense is #1 in the league. Battle is sure to be the lead runner for KC this week, but his workload will probably depend on how hot he is on his few few carries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

God I hate Pete Carroll, deciding just after the game starts that Lynch can't play, even though he was active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Welcome back Antonio Gates :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Gotta be honest but i was delighted when you offered me that trade of stevie johnson for marshawn lynch.

Molly wrote: »
    Gotta be honest but i was delighted when you offered me that trade of stevie johnson for marshawn lynch.

Well I did have no starting running backs at the time... I still have faith in marshawn Lynch, he's a good RB, he just needs his OL to perform.

Tebow's finally got a TD, was a little worried for a while but he's producing a good fantasy day now.

Edit: Tebow's on fire in the 4th quarter, he's went from about 7.9 points to 22.94 points and pushed the game from a white-wash to overtime in just two drives. Woo. Woo.

So further to my query earlier in the thread, I started McGahee over Murray as I was just too uncertain on whether Murray would get the majority of the touches over Choice.

McGahee looks decent then gets injured...Murray takes his first touch 91 yards to the house, sickened :(

SSK wrote: »
    So further to my query earlier in the thread, I started McGahee over Murray as I was just too uncertain on whether Murray would get the majority of the touches over Choice.

McGahee looks decent then gets injured...Murray takes his first touch 91 yards to the house, sickened :(

I hear you man. Murray was my starter until they announced Choice as the starter and I pick him up to start him. 2nd time ths week the coaches have annoyed me because they've mislead me on running backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

matthew8 wrote: »
    I hear you man. Murray was my starter until they announced Choice as the starter and I pick him up to start him. 2nd time ths week the coaches have annoyed me because they've mislead me on running backs.

I picked up Murray in one of my leagues during the week on the basis i knew he would take the carries. In fact i thought that was made clear throughout the week.

I picked up Murray in one of my leagues during the week on the basis i knew he would take the carries. In fact i thought that was made clear throughout the week.

I did that too, but the Cowboys announced Choice as the starter before kickoff, to my shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Lost wells, Hightower,graham and s.moss all to injury today.

Whats next?

Well right now I'm up by 47 points so I think I'm good. What's shocking is my 2 running backs so far have combined for .70 points. The defense and kicker have combined for 21 points, which is also more than the WRs have come up with.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Well right now I'm up by 47 points so I think I'm good. What's shocking is my 2 running backs so far have combined for .70 points. The defense and kicker have combined for 21 points, which is also more than the WRs have come up with.

Well now my backs have combined for -1.20 points with 25.90 points (and counting) sitting on the bench. Sickening. Though I'm still up by 35 and I'm home and dry unless Bailey, Finley, Wayne or Torrey Smith break out.

Advertisement