Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAVE the DATE! Book Launch 26/11/2011

• 20-10-2011 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

The team behind the Boards Photo Book wishes to extend a warm invitation to all forum users and the general public for the launch of the 4rd annual Boards Photo Book!

Nov 26th 2011 - 8pm - Dublin Camera Club

What to bring?
    Your good self, friends, family... A pen to sign other people's books, a print and a fiver if you're participating in the print swap!

An event page has been created on Facebook.
    The official Press Release can be found on the blog.

Naturally, we could use a few extra hands on the evening. Like you all know, this project is run completely on a voluntary basis with no budget to work from. Therefore we could use the following help:

- Someone to be in charge of the extra copies for sale on the evening.
    - A few people to run the practical aspect of the launch night i.e. preparing the venue, getting glasses ready, serving drinks
    - A few people to stay until the end and help clean up (which usually happens automatically anyway).
    - A few people to commit to baking/cooking/buying a few bits and pieces to munch on... last year we had City of Blackbirds fabulicious cupcakes and Kintaro's yummy quiche!

If you fancy helping out, DM myself or Cork_Girl, stating what you want to do!

Anything to add, feel free to discuss hereunder!

Hope to see you all there,
    DarrenG, Faceman, Kensutz, Cork_Girl & sNarah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Do you need to pre-book the book or is it available to buy on launch night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Phil Taz wrote: »
    Do you need to pre-book the book or is it available to buy on launch night?

Pre-orders preferred, only a few available on the night as we don't have funds to order ahead. If you'd like to purchase, send myself or sNarah a pm for payment details. Books can then be collected at the launch :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

sNarah wrote: »
    The team behind the Boards Photo Book wishes to extend a warm invitation to all forum users and the general public for the launch of the 4rd annual Boards Photo Book!

Nov 26th 2011 - 8pm - Dublin Camera Club

What to bring?
    Your good self, friends, family... A pen to sign other people's books, a print and a fiver if you're participating in the print swap!

* what's "the print swap"? (if i may ask this probably silly question:o)
    ** i could bring a load of my boring auld (yet freshly baked:pac:) koekjes

picaaf wrote: »
    * what's "the print swap"? (if i may ask this probably silly question:o)
    ** i could bring a load of my boring auld (yet freshly baked:pac:) koekjes

The print swap is totally optional for people attending the launch night - you bring a 5x7 print in a white envelope. You donate €5 to our SSF charity and you swap your envelope for another. Each person taking part gets another boardsie original - plus the additional feel good factor ;-)

We would love your koekjes!! As we have no budget for providing nibbles etc. we are relying on the goodwill of attendees to bring something along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

i can bring a few cakes if thats any use to anybody?

• Advertisement

We'd never say no to cake!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

Cork_girl wrote: »
    We'd never say no to cake!! :D

will do my best for koekjes and some other nibblies.

p.s.1 could one also swap a bigger print (in white or brown or whatever colour envelope) and still donate €5 to ssf? i reckon a bigger size print would need a bigger amount of cash....

p.s.2 as this is all very new to me and there's some excitement being part of book&good cause, i hope you don't mind me asking many questions.

Of course we don't mind!! The more questions the less chance there is that I forget to say something!

For the moment we're just saying 5x7 - keeping it simple and I guess keeping costs down too. If anyone wishes to put in a larger image - you are more than welcome to! We'll keep it at €5 for whatever size you choose.. just to avoid confusion!

There will also be a raffle, who doesn't love a good ol' raffle eh! We're on the look out for prizes of all sorts - so if anyone has ideas or contacts - now would be a really good time to shout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Hi All,

Looking foreword to meet you all on launch night...I can not wait to see my photo in the book...

As it is all about feeling good...I am collecting old unwanted mobiles phones for my autistic daughter. she can get an iPad through Irish Autism Action to use it in her class
    if anyone can donate any old unwanted mobile phones it would be great... I can collect them on launch night

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭couscous007

I have a photo in the book....and paid via paypal.
    What happens if I cant get to the launch on 26th, my wife is away for the weekend, and i'm home alone with 3 kids, living in Mayo.

Can my copy be posted to me!?

Please advise!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Not helping all the time, I will try to stay after the launch to clean up DCC a bit.

What happens if I cant get to the launch on 26th, my wife is away for the weekend, and i'm home alone with 3 kids, living in Mayo.

Please advise!?

For the moment put a post in this thread - don't worry, we'll figure something out!

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056433189

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Please advise!?

i [most likely] will be going, if you'd like i could collect yours and arrange to drop it off somewhere.*

*within reason, lol. this is a big county ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭couscous007

artyeva wrote: »
    i [most likely] will be going, if you'd like i could collect yours and arrange to drop it off somewhere.*

*within reason, lol. this is a big county ;)

If you can that would be excellent!!!
    I live in Claremorris...any good to you!!!??
    I can arrange to meet, let me know what suits you!?

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Photowalk

I am putting together a photowalk for the Saturday. This is being arranged so that people who are coming 'from the country' to Dublin for the book launch can have something to do during the day while getting a photowalk/look around Dublin.

I was thinking of starting at 12/1 and ending up in Against The Grain at 6 (lunch/dinner somewhere in between). There was plans to start at SineadW & Da_kar's exhibition but that has been put in doubt.

So what I need is suggestions. The only 3 stipulations are:
    • Not starting earlier than 12
    • Ending in Against the Grain at 6ish (Gives me time to set up Book Launch Venue for 8)
    • Anybody who mentions Grafton Street will be looked on with scorn/pity and ignored like as if we might catch some disease by just acknowledging your presence!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Sorry to double post:

This walk will be open to anybody with a camera.... not just Photobook People!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

If you can that would be excellent!!!
    I live in Claremorris...any good to you!!!??
    I can arrange to meet, let me know what suits you!?

Thank you!!

i make the trek to castlebar once a week, we'll sort something out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

If artyeva can't make it, I can get it to you in a couple of weeks afterwards!

Just to draw attention to ongoing discussion on collection/postage of these books - deadline 30th March to arrange :)

Advertisement