Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids self defence classes

Options
  • 20-10-2011 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have an eleven year old and he wants to take up martial arts. Are there any good classes in Glasheen, Togher or Bishopstown.
    I hear that the little Ninjas are good, any info on them.

Thanks

Mcko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

As a black belt from TKD from the organization that you refer to regrading little ninja's I would agree that it is a excellent feeder to full martial arts. The kids that i saw from came little ninja's that were making their black belts where unreal. They were more committed than some of the adults. It teaches them respect control etc. but if you want your child to be able to defend itself send he/she to Mauy Thai classes instead. TKD is all about control, respect etc. Muay Thai basically gives the person confidence that they can defend themself. Depends what you want. As an almost black belt starting Muay Thai its a differnet level. Muay Thai will stop your child being bullied more than TKD. Any more questions pm me.

Advertisement