Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC History Exam

• 20-10-2011 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was just wondering for Section 1, the Document Based question, can you just learn the case studies and be covered? Or is it possible for the Doucment Topic to be on another section of the paper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

document question will always be the case studies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Solus01

Patchy~ wrote: »
    document question will always be the case studies :)

Yeah, I asked one of the decent History schools (Not my teacher so :P) and he explained the structure.
    Just out of curiousity, what topics are you doing, that's if your currently doing History?
    I'm doing the US one, Dictatorship and Democracy and Movement for Reform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I feel your pain of a not so great history teacher :P

Lucky, ahh! But as far as I know you need to do 2 Irish history books? We've done Dictatorship and Democracy, Sovereignty and Partition, and now we're doing Society and Politics in Northern Ireland (so boring!), and the European Retreat from Empire is our case study book. :)

I'd love to be doing the American history to be honest, it sounds really interesting. I'm also relieved that the documents book is the european one though, I had a look and its all these crazy far away places with obscure wars that I've never heard of :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

were doing the same as patchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Solus01

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I feel your pain of a not so great history teacher :P

Lucky, ahh! But as far as I know you need to do 2 Irish history books? We've done Dictatorship and Democracy, Sovereignty and Partition, and now we're doing Society and Politics in Northern Ireland (so boring!), and the European Retreat from Empire is our case study book. :)

I'd love to be doing the American history to be honest, it sounds really interesting. I'm also relieved that the documents book is the european one though, I had a look and its all these crazy far away places with obscure wars that I've never heard of :o

Oh sorry, my bad you're right, don't know what I was thinking of :P My class are doing Sovereignty and Partition, Movement for Reform and the US one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement