Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexible mid week accomodation in Dublin

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    Some help help/advice sought.
    I am based in Galway, in November I'm starting a job in Dublin. I intend to be in Dublin between 2 and 4 nights per week (Mon to Thurs). I am therefore looking for a 'permanent' place where I can pay possibly per night but not the full hotel or B&B rates. I would not require food or do not need to store anything on the premises when I'm not there.
    I was wondering is anybody aware of hotels, B&Bs ideally (or houses) that will do these flexible arrangents or where I would get more info/details on what may be available.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

mtm100 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Some help help/advice sought.
    I am based in Galway, in November I'm starting a job in Dublin. I intend to be in Dublin between 2 and 4 nights per week (Mon to Thurs). I am therefore looking for a 'permanent' place where I can pay possibly per night but not the full hotel or B&B rates. I would not require food or do not need to store anything on the premises when I'm not there.
    I was wondering is anybody aware of hotels, B&Bs ideally (or houses) that will do these flexible arrangents or where I would get more info/details on what may be available.
    Thanks

As far as I know, your best bet is to use the short term section of Daft.ie to get names of places and ring them up to see if they do that sort of arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mtm100

Thanks Improbable, had a quick check - all very expensive and they are more apartments, ideally B&Bs or houses (much cheaper I would hope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'd say your best bet would be shared accommodation on daft. You should be able to get a single room in the Dublin area for €250ish a month. At least with a shared room, you will have your own bit of space, storage and privacy. It will probably work out that bit cheaper than a B&B too.

Thanks, kinda hoping would not go down the house route as I am in my late 30s and married and hoping for something more independant of house politics etc, no sites or accomodation that specalise in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thanks, kinda hoping would not go down the house route as I am in my late 30s and married and hoping for something more independant of house politics etc, no sites or accomodation that specalise in this?

E-mail a few B&Bs mate - you're bound to get one that would do you a deal for x amount a night if you guarantee you'll stay x amount of nights in a 6 month period.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

There is a new hostel in Smithfield, in a former hotel. Very reasonable nightly rates.

Hi, thanks for the advice, what's the name in Smithfield? B&Bs I would hope they would be interested - a steady stream of income would seem sensible for them - nothing easy where I could see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Where in Dublin are you looking to base yourself?

Hi, I'm not that pushed, job is St Stephens green area so walking there would ge good (e.g. up to 2 miles) or otherwise bike from further out. Ideal place would be relatively close to the N3 and M4/M6. But as I said not that pushed. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

I spoke to a friend of mine who works in a hotel - will send you a DM if that is OK?

I am sure any hotel would give you a discounted room only rate

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Hi, thanks for the advice, what's the name in Smithfield? B&Bs I would hope they would be interested - a steady stream of income would seem sensible for them - nothing easy where I could see them?

Generator Hostel Dublin

http://www.generatorhostels.com/en/dublin/prices-rooms/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement